Mulitspectral Camera
1501 5 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneRay
lvl.2
United States

Seriously considering Inspire 2 for multipurpose uses.  One use in particular is to add a multispectral camera (Sequoia or similar) for mapping agriculture fields and NDVI analysis.  The Inspire 2 does not have a gimbal for this camera.  Is it possible to unmount the current camera and gimbal and attach the Sequoia?  Will the Inspire 2 fly with only the FPV camera available?
2017-2-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Not possible to attach different Camera, X4S or X5S only choice. Inspire 2 will fly with FPV only, but for what?
2017-2-7
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

You could certainly fly with the FPV only, but DJI won't have any mounting solution or app support for a 3rd party camera.
You could design and 3-D print a mount - but be careful that you don't obstruct any of the sensors or landing gear travel.
2017-2-7
Use props
droneRay
lvl.2
United States

Would use FPV for visual on tablet.  Multispectral camera would take images needed in a prescribed fligt path.  Would mount multispectral camera underneath gimbal mount of revoved camera.  Question is, if X4S or X5S is removed will the I2 fly correctly?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

droneRay Posted at 2017-2-7 18:11
Would use FPV for visual on tablet.  Multispectral camera would take images needed in a prescribed fligt path.  Would mount multispectral camera underneath gimbal mount of revoved camera.  Question is, if X4S or X5S is removed will the I2 fly correctly?

The I2 can fly without the X4S or X5S attached.
2017-2-7
Use props
ReppocMike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1627667 ft
Finland

Sentera 4k Multispectral sensor, It works with Inspire 1 and Inspire 2.
2018-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules