• >>>
Australia

deleted by user

2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm sorry so say this tablet doesn't seem to have enough performance power. It uses Snapdragon 410 cpu, which is on the lower end.
2017-2-8
Use props
tomato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366194 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tablet seemed to work fine with my Phantom 3 and Inspire. Actually worked better than my iPad 2.

The issue is it can't even connect. Even a less powerful old andriod phone I have could connect. Didn't work well but could at least connect.
2017-2-8
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I always turn on my Tab A last (from cold boot). Connects OK. If I do not do that, it does not connect.
2017-2-8
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

I am however using the regular Go App.
2017-2-8
Use props
tomato
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks. Still no luck. Anyone else got any ideas?
2017-2-9
Use props
Bluetec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2867 ft
United States

I have the DJI 4 Pro and use a Nexus 7 tablet. I loaded DJIGo4, in my home, near my computer. I was having a problem with getting the message "Aircraft Disconnected" every time I started the app when I was near my computer. I was trying everything firmware related, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, using my Samsung Galaxy S7 with the app, and no success. I was reading a tip about changing the frequency from 5.8GHz to 2.4GHz. I tried that outside and it connected but I never got status bars on the frequency scales. Next time I started the app in the house, "Aircraft Disconnected". I read another tip about not downloading and installing the app in a field of WiFi interference. It dawned on me that right outside my window was a smart meter from the electric company! I uninstalled the app, walked outside, where I was about a hundred feet from the meter but still had WiFi connectivity on the Nexus. I downloaded the app there and installed. I went back inside, started the app and the controller and aircraft instantly connected. Was it the smart meter causing the problem or the WiFi being too strong, inside my house? I don't know but installing the app, away from strong interference, seemed to solve the problem and I now have status bars appearing on my Nexus.
2017-2-10
Use props
tomato
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks will give that a try.
2017-2-10
Use props
tomato
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

From another forum and it worked!

Turn on Controller while connected to Tablet. Start (or restart) the tablet. Click on OK when the USB request comes up.
Wait for BLUE "Enter Device" tab shows up. (Should be immediate as the app starts). Turn on copter.
2017-2-10
Use props
tomato
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Scrap that. Could get it to work in the field. Hopefully an app upgrade may fix this.
2017-2-13
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

tomato Posted at 2017-2-10 20:32

It worked !

Thanks
2017-4-8
Use props
fansd6ff7a64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 807759 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same problem with the Samsung Tab A6 -- it worked fine with my P3P, but not with the P4P. It connects, and tells me it's okay to fly, and then immediately loses signal ("No Signal"), and the screen grays out. Tried starting the tablet cold with the remote controller on but no luck. Works fine with my Samsung S7 phone.
2017-4-8
Use props
MIKE.D
New
Flight distance : 9111 ft
United States

This process solved my problem with a Samsung TAB-A and Galaxy S2. Apparently, these tablets need to be OFF with the DJI R/C already plugged in and powered up in order to have a happy initial USB connection to them. My Samsung Note 4, however, had absolutely no problem being connected to the DJI R/C when already powered up. The Note 4 has worked great with the Mavic electrically. My only complaint is that the display is impossible to see in sunlight and it is a bit small.
2017-4-20
Use props
fans1fdd840b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8320 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had problems with it as well . I went to game stop sold them my tablet and purchased an iPad mini 4 and have not had a problem yet .
2017-4-20
Use props
fansf2a6dc8a
New
United States

I think different mini USB plugs make a difference....mine works with the USB plug that is supplied,but when I tried a shorter one it wouldn't connect! Tried several different mini USB plugs...some work...some don't, so it does make a difference!!!!
2017-6-24
Use props
9krpm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46847 ft
Australia

My Tab A 8 worked previously and then suddenly stopped working. Tried everything that can be done without any luck. Your method worked. Thanks mate
2017-10-21
Use props
fans3e8edff5
New
Flight distance : 11447 ft
United States

Hi there: I can feel your frustration. I've received my mavic pro from warranty repair on Oct 8 2017 and was disappointed that after trying to activate the go 4 app the screen showed an error which I eventually sensed that I had a problem with the Samsung Tab A not DJI.
2017-11-10
Use props
fans3e8edff5
New
Flight distance : 11447 ft
United States

Hi there: I can feel your frustration. I've received my mavic pro from warranty repair on Oct 8 2017 and was disappointed that after trying to activate the go 4 app the screen showed an android error which I eventually sensed that I had a problem with the Samsung Tab A not DJI. For me the SAmsung Tab A was purchased because I was frugal. Some people would call me cheap. Anyway, I reset my Samsung Tab A to a fresh start and that so far seems to have solved all my problems. I now relegate the Samsung Tab A as an exclusive use for my Mavic Pro. BTW The Go 4 app installed was 4.1.15 and firmware updated to 01.04.0000
2017-11-10
Use props
Hail Damage 6
Second Officer
Flight distance : 429055 ft
United States

My tab A would connect only it was connected to WiFi, don't know why. I would carry a WiFi hotspot with me and works great. Just don't use point of interest the processor is too slow and you will have problems.
2017-11-10
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

if it does not connect when you power on both radio and p4p,  you unplug the usb out of the radio and back in, it connects every time
2017-11-10
Use props
AirRagnar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271424 ft
United States

fansf2a6dc8a Posted at 2017-6-24 16:08
I think different mini USB plugs make a difference....mine works with the USB plug that is supplied,but when I tried a shorter one it wouldn't connect! Tried several different mini USB plugs...some work...some don't, so it does make a difference!!!!

Thanks for the info on trying a different cable. In my case I spent 3 hours trying all youtube suggestions usb debugging, changing usb configs, nothing. The 3rd cable I tried, WORKED!

Thanks!!
2017-12-2
Use props
Hydro1
New
Flight distance : 6991 ft

New Zealand

MIKE.D Posted at 2017-4-20 17:45
This process solved my problem with a Samsung TAB-A and Galaxy S2. Apparently, these tablets need to be OFF with the DJI R/C already plugged in and powered up in order to have a happy initial USB connection to them. My Samsung Note 4, however, had absolutely no problem being connected to the DJI R/C when already powered up. The Note 4 has worked great with the Mavic electrically. My only complaint is that the display is impossible to see in sunlight and it is a bit small.

Thanks Man that worked the best
2018-2-20
Use props
cruising.com.br
lvl.2
Brazil

Hydro1 Posted at 2018-2-20 18:03
Thanks Man that worked the best

I'm suffering with the same issue. The A9 works fine with my Spark remote control (wi-fi, no OTG cable) but don't connects to Phantom 4 Pro RC (with cable - I tried some cables, including the one supplied by DJI). I asked for help at DJI store in Brazil and wrote to international DJI support but none gave me a solution!

By the way, the P4P remote control links to some other older phones (LG K10, Motorola Moto G 3) and to my wife's ASUS Zen Phone.
2018-2-26
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.2
United States

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab E lite and it connects fine but i have no camera/video feed at all why would this be?
i first got a Nextbook ares 8 but it said can't use 5.8 so i never even tried to use it with the spark and gave it to my wife.
2019-1-9
Use props
Morrisd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5969711 ft
United States

dcap Posted at 2017-11-10 16:28
if it does not connect when you power on both radio and p4p,  you unplug the usb out of the radio and back in, it connects every time

Absolutely right, I do this and works without fail on samsung 10.1
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules