Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Hello Forum People,
I have some issues lately, uhm.... lol I still have propellers
Anyways I have gotten a couple errors of compass stuck. I reset them the drone multiple times...  When I send it up it seems to tell direction fine, and it RTH fine. Any advice for me...?
2017-2-7
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

One of the hacks that was done on the earlier Phantom series was to hold a small magnet a couple of inches away from the side of the compass, move it around in a small circle and then draw it away.  Repeat the process on the other axis (bottom) and then try and calibrate.

(I remember posting this a long time ago but can't find the original post or the reference I was using)
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Where are you calibrating the compass?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gil Posted at 2017-2-7 20:19
One of the hacks that was done on the earlier Phantom series was to hold a small magnet a couple of inches away from the side of the compass, move it around in a small circle and then draw it away.  Repeat the process on the other axis (bottom) and then try and calibrate.

(I remember posting this a long time ago but can't find the original post or the reference I was using)

That's about right for the older Phantom units.
2017-2-7
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-7 23:14
Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Where are you calibrating the compass?

Well, I did have a hard landing, but the compass stuck happens sometimes, and when the compass resets after I shut down the aircraft, It works fine.
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-8 15:46
Well, I did have a hard landing, but the compass stuck happens sometimes, and when the compass resets after I shut down the aircraft, It works fine.

Also, I did 2 calibrations, one at the beach, and one near my house, also, I do gimbal calibrations every time I fly.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-8 15:47
Also, I did 2 calibrations, one at the beach, and one near my house, also, I do gimbal calibrations every time I fly.

Do you notice this compass 'stuck' issue when you've calibrated the compass often or does it not have a pattern that you've noticed? If you didn't notice this before the hard landing, there is a chance that the physica connection to the compass might not be as secure.
2017-2-9
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

I only did two because I went 30 miles from my homepoint. I calibrated it and it worked fine, until I almost crash and had a hard landing.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules