snow and water landing gear
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

I was checking for mavic pro gear and this is what I found.  I think it will work but the look really sold me out.  Have anyone try bought this?https://www.amazon.ca/Mavic-WATE ... ;keywords=mavic+pro
2017-2-7
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I wouldn't try them, as water being blown might still hit the aircraft. However... I find it stupid to charge 45 dollars for 4  pollystyrene balls... you can grab 10 for around 5 dollars... and then just make the holes lol.
2017-2-8
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

That's a lot of surface area if there's a wind! In calm conditions that'd work, but you'd want to make sure there's not too much about.
2017-2-8
Use props
Parker 2017
lvl.1

Canada

I wouldn't put much faith into water landing your Mavic with any system that I've seen yet. For recovering your wet Mavic under the Refresh warranty, you might also consider what this other guy has built.

It would be a bit more aerodynamic but you'd need to build it yourself.

http://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-water-recovery-system.4626/
2017-2-8
Use props
SteveGmavic 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 653524 ft
Canada

They work great just i reinforced where the balls are at the bottom  but I like them two weeks ago they were $35.00
2017-2-8
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

Parker 2017 Posted at 2017-2-8 13:49
I wouldn't put much faith into water landing your Mavic with any system that I've seen yet. For recovering your wet Mavic under the Refresh warranty, you might also consider what this other guy has built.

It would be a bit more aerodynamic but you'd need to build it yourself.

Thank you for the link. I will try these. I figure if it is a water landing that it will be emergency only or a crash so I am concerned more about recovery. With the turbulence under the drone I would assume it will get wet.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules