No Signal, No Video feed on P4P+ Controller and SD card not detected
1845 19 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

I received my P4P+ after Christmas.  Everything was fine until I upgraded to the latest firmware mid-January. Since then, I have been unable to use my P4P+ because there is no video feed from the camera on my controller.  It says "No Signal" on the upper left portion of the screen. Furthermore, my P4P+ will no longer recognize any SD card that I put into the SD slot on the aircraft body.  If I try to format a card via the menu on the controller, it acts as if no SD card is present, even though one is correctly inserted into the aircraft.  I've tried downgrading to the previous firmware, using a variety of different SD cards, nothing is detected and all I get on my controller display is "No Signal".  One day I tried formatting a few SD cards in windows before inserting them into the SD card slot on the PFP+ aircraft body.  This seemed to temporarily fix the issue, as I regained the ability to format the card via the built-in screen controller app and my video feed /gimbal control worked again. However, after one or two flights, the same thing happened again, (no SD card detected, no signal, no video feed), and this time it didn't matter what I did, even brand new SD cards would fail to be recognized.

So, after the mid-January firmware upgrade, my P4P+ refuses to recgonize any SD card (ANY, no matter what, I've tried ~20 of them), I lose the ability to control the gimbal (or see the gimbal menu in the App settings), and I lose the video signal/feed to the P4P+ built-in controller.

I spent roughly 2000$ on the P4P+ and within 2 weeks it was rendered inoperable due to firmware/software issues (I can only presume), and I have been unable to fly now for almost a month.

This is simply unacceptable.  I've posted several forum messages about this particular issue and a moderator has yet to step in to offer a single suggestion. What is going on with my P4P+?  

An extremely frustrated and increasingly unhappy DJI customer,

-Brandon V.

No SD Card, Cannot Format SD Card

No SD Card, Cannot Format SD Card

No Signal, No Video Feed

No Signal, No Video Feed

encoder error

encoder error
2017-2-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It sound to me like you got a bad firmware update. Can you try updating again, or backdating the firmware to an ealier version then try it?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear. Just to clarify, are you able to confirm that the firmware was downloaded successfully via the Assistant 2 Software? In the Assistant 2 Software, have you tried reapplying the firmware or resetting the unit to factory defaults?
2017-2-7
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

Here's a picture of the Assistant 2 software with my P4P+ plugged up..
2017-2-8
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

If I select the option to restore factory defaults, it acts as if it completes the process, however, the assistant 2 software still shows the latest firmware is installed, even after resetting the aircraft, disconnecting from the PC, then re-connecting back to the assistant 2 software
2017-2-8
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

I've tried rolling back to an earlier firmware version, that always fails. I've tried refreshing the current firmware version, which usually fails though sometimes appears to have worked, yet no change in status with regard to the problems ive experienced. Every time I try to factory reset it acts as if it worked but the assistant 2 software always shows up with the current firmware version. One other time it hung up at 100% on the factory reset. What the heck is going on?  How can I reset the damned thing to factory settings lol, this is getting rediculous, I havent been able to use my phantom in weeks
2017-2-8
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

Today I successfully rolled back to the previous firmware, then updated to the newest firmware (without any errors as far as I could tell), however, I still have the same issues, no signal, no video feed and no SD card  recognized   DJI, do you have any other suggestions? I've occasionally seen an "aircraft encoder error" of some type, is that related?
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

redteamwx Posted at 2017-2-9 11:44
Today I successfully rolled back to the previous firmware, then updated to the newest firmware (without any errors as far as I could tell), however, I still have the same issues, no signal, no video feed and no SD card  recognized   DJI, do you have any other suggestions? I've occasionally seen an "aircraft encoder error" of some type, is that related?

Does it still display an encoder error?
2017-2-9
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

I'm not sure, I don't think I've seen it since I got the firmware rolled back and re-upgraded, however, I'm still having the same problems on my P4P+ controller, i.e. no signal, no display, and no SD card in the aircraft body is recognized.
2017-2-9
Use props
jeffinhizhands
lvl.2
United States

Maybe this will help... Go into settings(home screen) from home and go to system settings , reset screen and make sure to click the sd card as well. You can also check this tuber out. Digitaldutchguy. This might take care of the issue.. good luck Brandon..
2017-2-9
Use props
jeffinhizhands
lvl.2
United States

Tube channel  -  Digitaldutchguy
2017-2-9
Use props
jeffinhizhands
lvl.2
United States

Trying to write U-tube...Sorry for type-o's
2017-2-9
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

Jeff,

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it.  I've already tried that particular solution, i.e. resetting the P4P+ controller to factory condition.  I've selected the reformat SD card option to no avail, however, I'm pretty sure the  SD card it formats is the one (if present) located in the actual controller, not the SD card on the aircraft itself.   Any other suggestions?  

DJI-Jamie, what troubleshooting can I do on this end if there is an issue with the aircraft encoder (referring to the aircraft encoder errors I've seen before)..

-Brandon V.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

redteamwx Posted at 2017-2-10 04:44
Jeff,

Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate it.  I've already tried that particular solution, i.e. resetting the P4P+ controller to factory condition.  I've selected the reformat SD card option to no avail, however, I'm pretty sure the  SD card it formats is the one (if present) located in the actual controller, not the SD card on the aircraft itself.   Any other suggestions?  

Here are a couple button combinations that may help:

To reset the RC or any odd presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon

Let me know if there are any changes.
2017-2-10
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 20:46
Here are a couple button combinations that may help:

To reset the RC or any odd presets:

DJI-Jamie... I performed the controller reset/re-link as you described, however, I still have the exact same problems... a red "No Signal" in the upper left portion of the controller and no video feed, and no SD card inserted into the slot on the aircraft body is recognized. I'm pretty sure the entire issue is related to the SD card slot failing to recognize an SD card. I know the gimbal physically works because it moves up and down when the aircraft is first turned on, it fails to move at all after that, though.  Do you think this is a hardware issue (e.g. the SD card slot is malfunctioning for some reason?) or a software/firmware issue?  I bought the 1-year replacement insurance with my P4P+, do I have to begin the process of sending it back for a new one? I'd rather not do that if at all possible, I've read a lot of bad feedback when it comes to dealing with customer support, such as long delays in getting a replacement, and that the replacements received by a number of individuals were refurbished units that malfunctioned immediately or shortly after being received (I hope that's not the case).

-Brandon V.
2017-2-16
Use props
redteamwx
lvl.1

United States

redteamwx Posted at 2017-2-16 09:46
DJI-Jamie... I performed the controller reset/re-link as you described, however, I still have the exact same problems... a red "No Signal" in the upper left portion of the controller and no video feed, and no SD card inserted into the slot on the aircraft body is recognized. I'm pretty sure the entire issue is related to the SD card slot failing to recognize an SD card. I know the gimbal physically works because it moves up and down when the aircraft is first turned on, it fails to move at all after that, though.  Do you think this is a hardware issue (e.g. the SD card slot is malfunctioning for some reason?) or a software/firmware issue?  I bought the 1-year replacement insurance with my P4P+, do I have to begin the process of sending it back for a new one? I'd rather not do that if at all possible, I've read a lot of bad feedback when it comes to dealing with customer support, such as long delays in getting a replacement, and that the replacements received by a number of individuals were refurbished units that malfunctioned immediately or shortly after being received (I hope that's not the case).

-Brandon V.

Everything was fine until I upgraded to the latest firmware last month. If it was software/firmware related you would think that rolling back to a previous firmware would fix the issue, but it hasn't

Do you have any other troubleshooting tips/ideas?  Have you seen this particular issue with other P4P+ customers?
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

redteamwx Posted at 2017-2-16 09:54
Everything was fine until I upgraded to the latest firmware last month. If it was software/firmware related you would think that rolling back to a previous firmware would fix the issue, but it hasn't

Do you have any other troubleshooting tips/ideas?  Have you seen this particular issue with other P4P+ customers?

Given what's been provided thus far, there aren't any other troubleshooting steps I could provide. I believe the next best course of action would be to send the unit in for service. You may not need to use your insurance if the unit is covered under warranty. As long as you didn't crash the aircraft or dropped it, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be covered by the warranty. Regarding time frame, repairs or replacements are normally pretty quick.  If there are ever any issues with a unit after a repair, they get addressed as an escalation to ensure it's delt with as soon as possible.
2017-2-16
Use props
Blax1
lvl.1
Australia

RE: No Signal, No Video feed on P4P+ Controller and SD card not detected

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 13:48
Given what's been provided thus far, there aren't any other troubleshooting steps I could provide. I believe the next best course of action would be to send the unit in for service. You may not need to use your insurance if the unit is covered under warranty. As long as you didn't crash the aircraft or dropped it, I wouldn't see why it wouldn't be covered by the warranty. Regarding time frame, repairs or replacements are normally pretty quick.  If there are ever any issues with a unit after a repair, they get addressed as an escalation to ensure it's delt with as soon as possible.

Hello Brandon
I too have had the same problem after updating firmware on my P4P+
Have you had any resolution with this, I assume you must have by now as the last posting here was back February
I think I’ll pack mine up and send back to my supplier for repairs as any listed Fix i try simply doesn’t  work as you well know
Any information appreciated
Regards
Ralph
2017-10-30
Use props
Blax1
lvl.1
Australia

RE: No Signal, No Video feed on P4P+ Controller and SD card not detected

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-16 13:48

Hello Brandon
I too have had the same problem after updating firmware on my P4P+
Have you had any resolution with this, I assume you must have by now as the last posting here was back February
I think I’ll pack mine up and send back to my supplier for repairs as any listed Fix i try simply doesn’t  work as you well know
Any information appreciated
Regards
Ralph
2017-10-30
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi Guys,

I have the Phantom 4 Pro, and I have the exact same problem. When I insert the battery and turn on the system, the DJI GO app shows NO SIGNAL, no SD CARD INSERTED, but the remote works, the anti-colision System seems to be working.
I then noticed that the LED light near the SD CARD slot keeps blinking green quickly, indicating that (according to the manual) the system is warming up. After a couple of minutes, the camera feed is shown in the DJI GO app. If I turn it off and try againg, the same thing happens.
Seems to me the firmware update did something wrong. Even after downgrading and then upgrading (after many failed attempts in both directions) the problem seems to persist.
Any ideas, DJI?
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules