Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ANO 2016 and People who try to stop you flying
877 4 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans911a5342
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

Just putting this out for comments.

I read earlier this week that the national trust are employing "heavies" to stop Pilots from flying over their land - Not that they own the airspace despite what they believe. And this got me thinking.

I have had a few "busy bodies" shout out "stop flying that! - i'm calling the police" and whilst i have always been in compliance with the CAA regulations I have always had to tell these people to bugger off and mind their own business. But, i am now thinking that these people are bound to the ANO 2016 too - as we all are when boarding a plane. So I am now warning anyone who tries to disrupt me that they are in breach of the ANO 2016 part 240 which states that :-

Endangering safety of an aircraft 240. A person must not recklessly or negligently act in a manner likely to endanger an aircraft, or any person in an aircraft.  

In doing so they are commiting a criminal offence and could be prosecuted.

I used to have lots of people say "That's cool", but with the recent bad press i am getting a noticable increase in people who feel it is appropriate to shout out expletives despite not knowing the law. My think now is use the same protections afforded to all pilots - the right to complete their duties safely - against these people.

Would love to open a disccusion to my fellow pilots and get your thoughts...

Chris
2017-2-8
Use props
DenisStr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1575860 ft
United Kingdom

If you fly more than 500m away from you, you are not in compliance (From your range test posts) whether your have houses approaching you or not...
2017-2-8
Use props
fans911a5342
New

United Kingdom

I am not sure you have the right guy here, bud.... I have never done a range test.. my pfco is too valuable to me.
But thanks for your input anyway.

2017-2-11
Use props
DenisStr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1575860 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry, there are a couple of guys  with the name fans etc etc so I got the wrong one. Apologies
2017-2-11
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I carry a tazer with me when I'm flying, it saves a lot of unnecessary chit-chat. Just be very careful to hold it away from the controller when you use it {:4_181:}
tazer.jpg    
  GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!
Mark G.

2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules