7705 14 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

Here is my SD card information:
Lexar Professional 1000x microSDXC 64GB UHS-II/U3 (Up to 150MB/s Read)
I have been using this SD card for over 26 flights and about 3 hours of footage.  Yesterday I was at several locations and recorded several flights.  At the last location I started recording then heard a beep and noticed that the recording had stopped.  I restarted the recording and it stopped again.  I then looked closely and saw that there was still over 20GB left but the screen also displayed "slow sd card".

Anyone esle ever seen this?

If I format the SD card, will I lose anything related to flight logs or anything like that?  (of course videos & pics removed)

Thanks

2017-2-8
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

Since no one has answered, what implications are there if I format my SD card again?  Videos & Movies removed other than that the flight logs and other important info is stored on the phone, correct?

Thanks!
2017-2-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2Blades Posted at 2017-2-11 13:01
Since no one has answered, what implications are there if I format my SD card again?  Videos & Movies removed other than that the flight logs and other important info is stored on the phone, correct?

Thanks!

You should be able to format card without issue, that would be normal practice. Format in aircraft using DJI Go 4. As you say flight logs etc on display device.
2017-2-11
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

Thanks I just wanted to check with someone first make sure there's nothing in some of those files that you can't read.
2017-2-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There have been problems reported with those Lexar cards on here rtecently. Try formatting in the camera once you have copied off your videos and photos.
2017-2-11
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

never seen this. if you format it (inside the drone) the card should work fine. if it doesn't maybe is time to change the card to either kingston, sandisk or samsung- or any other which clearly states the writing speed on front of package.the camera writes on the card at speeds under 60000kbs or 8MB/s.
2017-2-11
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Guys, if we are talking about SD's , watch out for Samsung cards of any kind. Recently two card of this company has been broken. Both used in phones (not the same models). I managed to recover data, but card is useless now.
2017-2-11
Use props
fans3604524b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1292067 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue, and it doesn't seem to be a SD card issue at all because it didn't matter which one I put in it because it always does the same thing.  The stopping of the recording really stinks, but my workaround is using DJI GO4 for iOS, and never ever miss a recording no matter what, but with reduced resolution.  I recommend saving any captured video to the DJI gallery within the application itself, then work from there.
2017-4-10
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

fans3604524b Posted at 2017-4-10 04:40
I have the same issue, and it doesn't seem to be a SD card issue at all because it didn't matter which one I put in it because it always does the same thing.  The stopping of the recording really stinks, but my workaround is using DJI GO4 for iOS, and never ever miss a recording no matter what, but with reduced resolution.  I recommend saving any captured video to the DJI gallery within the application itself, then work from there.

Sorry I did not get back with this information earlier but it turned out that my Lexar card was bad.  I sent it back to Lexar got a new one and it's been great ever since.
2017-4-10
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-2-11 14:44
Guys, if we are talking about SD's , watch out for Samsung cards of any kind. Recently two card of this company has been broken. Both used in phones (not the same models). I managed to recover data, but card is useless now.

i have two cards from Samsung. 32GB PRO (2y) and 64GB PRO (1y). absoluty no problems
2017-4-10
Use props
Drone Dude Alga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14227470 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi i on a PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS and have tried many different cards and there is an issue with all of them some record just 5 seconds others 15sec other 45sec and some go up to 3 or 4 minutes before stopping automatically i have tried lexxar´s sandisk of all kinds and they all eventually stop recording ... no the curiouse thing is that only happens hen the aircraft is flying! if i record ith the drone on the floor they all ork fine... so is not a card issue but a drone problem. Ho do i solve this?
2017-4-10
Use props
fans3604524b
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Drone Dude Alga Posted at 2017-4-10 05:27
Hi i on a PHANTOM 4 PRO PLUS and have tried many different cards and there is an issue with all of them some record just 5 seconds others 15sec other 45sec and some go up to 3 or 4 minutes before stopping automatically i have tried lexxar´s sandisk of all kinds and they all eventually stop recording ... no the curiouse thing is that only happens hen the aircraft is flying! if i record ith the drone on the floor they all ork fine... so is not a card issue but a drone problem. Ho do i solve this?

Yep. I agree that it's most definitely a 'drone' problem. I have no problems with any other cards in my Phantom 4 standard, just the Pro. I also constantly see 'writing to card slow' which tells me just that: The drone itself is writing slowly to a fast SD card.  The stoppage of recording is a serious deal-breaker for anyone who buys the Pro for photography....which is pretty much everyone so....
2017-4-10
Use props
fans3604524b
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

2Blades Posted at 2017-4-10 04:49
Sorry I did not get back with this information earlier but it turned out that my Lexar card was bad.  I sent it back to Lexar got a new one and it's been great ever since.

Thank you for your reply 2Blades!  What I did was purchase a  32GB 90 write speed card, and the problems went away. I think that the capacity of the SD card is an issue because all my 16GB cards, no matter what speed they are, all have a slower write speed than the drone can write to it.  It's almost like quickly pouring 8oz of fluid into an 8oz vessel....it's gonna splash out the top. Maybe not the best theory, but I think it's accurate.  Thanks 2Blades!
2017-4-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Drone Dude Alga Posted at 2017-4-10 05:27

No, it is not a drone problem, you are just using the wrong card. Writing 4K files is no simple task, it requires a fast card. Try a Sandisk Extreme series card, not the Pro, and you will find it works correctly. Also, format your card often, the aircraft fills it up with all manner of rubbish, and formatting removes that.
2017-4-11
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-11 15:20
No, it is not a drone problem, you are just using the wrong card. Writing 4K files is no simple task, it requires a fast card. Try a Sandisk Extreme series card, not the Pro, and you will find it works correctly. Also, format your card often, the aircraft fills it up with all manner of rubbish, and formatting removes that.

Yes the Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Plus, but not the Pro
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules