Why can't i use Tripod mode with Spotlight???
1129 4 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garymac 8
New
Flight distance : 1713 ft
United States

I want to Spotlight a musicial  artist while carefully flying nearby, both indoors and out yet you cannot use both Tripod and Spotlight at the same time. This seems wrong and I encourage DJI to fix it soon.

Tripod is not a Flight Mode in the same sense that Profile, Track and Spotlight are. Rather it is a configuration setting that means respond gently to my manual control inputs. Gentle/Agressive settings should be orthogonal to flight modes. Flight modes may contain a combination of autonomous and manual controls. Where possible, the manual controls should be modulated by the Gentle/Agressive config settings.  DJI, you need to sort his out.

I tried to use Beginner mode to allow gentler responses to my inputs, but being in Beginner mode prevents one from using Spotlight. Why is that??? You concluded I am a beginner because I want a gentler response?

So I tried to dial down responses by moving all EXP, Sensitivity and Gain settings to their lowest possible value. This helps, but misses Tripod Mode because you cannot set the Max Speeds or gains low enough. Why not allow the users to configure something like Tripod Mode and allow a richer range of control. All these settings are too limited. Why can't we have a few sets of User configs so we can switch several settings at once??? Don't forget to include Max Speed in each axis.

Do others agree that this would be helpful? It seems it would be hurtful to no one.

How do you feel???

2017-2-8
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Good luck with that...They have so many issues that need to be addressed...Take a number...
2017-2-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Spotlight needs something like 8 feet above the ground to even activate.  I believe you found the solution; it'll just take practice!  
2017-2-8
Use props
Garymac 8
New
Flight distance : 1713 ft
United States

Yes, I understand that it must be in the air since it controls yaw, but why so high? It can't activate inside some homes. Perhaps the tracking software cannot deal with large changes of perspective.
2017-2-8
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

You can adjust RC-sticks sensivity in RC-settings to most minimum levels which then will resemble tripod-mode (e.g. 0,10/0,10/0,10) (tripod mode just reduces MPs raction towards stick input).

Then You jump in with spotlight .................
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules