Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
INspire 1 looses control inputs and drops from sky
1813 9 2015-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyler
New

Indonesia

Hi every one. I recently recevied my inspire and everything was going well. Today I took it out for the 6th flight and disastor struck. I had just recevied the 5700mah battery and thought I would take it out for a test flight. I calbrated the compose and went through the checks and everything was going ok. About 1 minute after takeoff I noticed that the inspire was climbing on it own. I tried to bring it back down using the throtle stick and got no response. I then tried to the elerons and elevator and still got no rsponse. The motors then cut out compleetley and the inspire started to drop. About 2m off the ground the motors reved backup but by then it was too late to recover. The front left carbonfiber arm got cracked and the gimble got bent. It is Chineses New Years now so all customer support is off untill the 24th. Has anyone ever experianced anything like this before??

The props did not come and off and are still intact. I armed the motors again (props off) and I noticed that when they arm rather then doing that rev rev cycle it normally does it revs and the motors just keep spining up.

2015-2-20
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Wow.  Haven't heard of an incident exactly like this.
  • Do you have some photos of the damage?
  • Have you reported to DJI and sent them the flight logs?
  • What was their response?

-mike
2015-2-20
Use props
Heijningen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6055745 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

See: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7667And: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ghlight=sky&lang=en
And: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

DJI rejects all warranty claims ...
2015-2-20
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

Heijningen Posted at 2015-2-20 18:18
Yes I have: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7667

"..climbing on it's own..."  is a little different than losing power -- to me, at least.
2015-2-20
Use props
Heijningen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

MJDMike Posted at 2015-2-20 18:21
"..climbing on it's own..."  is a little different than losing power -- to me, at least.
The motors then cut out compleetley and the inspire started to drop.

looks like losing power to me...
2015-2-20
Use props
skyler
New

Indonesia

It just happened today and DJI is off until the 24th so will need to wait until then. I was in GPS mode and it was cloudy but I dont see why that would cause it to climb. I attached the photo of the arm. it cracked just after the connector. I was flying over rice fields so I think between the motors spinning up at the last second and the mud in the fields the impact was not as bad as it could have been. I didnt even realize the arm had cracked and I rearmed the motors after pulling it out to see if they would spin up and the thing still could take off (granted it was only about 30cm off the ground before I noticed the issue with the arm. The gimbal bent only slightly but enough to prevent it from being able to tilt up and down.

I have never had to deal with DJI customer service or getting replacement parts. In general are they good, bad impossible? I am even willing to ship the thing back to the factory so they can see it first hand.
IMG-20150220-WA0000.jpg
2015-2-20
Use props
Heijningen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Forget support, your f*****
2015-2-20
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you use auto Takeoff?
2015-2-20
Use props
skyler
New

Indonesia

Nope, I was avoiding using auto takeoff and landing as I had seen that some other people had issues with it so I figured why use it if it is not needed.

The only thing that was different with this flight from my other flights was that I had just put in the 5700mah battery. Although again I dont see why this would have anything to do with the issue as the battery was not flat.  
2015-2-20
Use props
calidoug
New

United States

What was the resolution to this issue? I just had the same thing happen to me!
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules