High Wind Speed Test/Demonstration for Phantom 4 Pro
3019 8 2017-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

I push my phantom to the limits, so you dont have to!

Hope you enjoy all
2017-2-8
Use props
KrisMinnear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6428340 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy flying into the wind on Sport mode until I have about 30% battery.  Then I switch to A mode and let it drift back home with my hands off the controls.  Not sure how accurate of a wind meter this makes, but I have seen 30+ mph at times.
2017-2-8
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

I went to a point near my home I want to video. I want to fly into a narrow but steep canyon to near bottom then film as I climb up and clear the ravine and can see a school.

Today at launch the drone moved backwards 5 meters and if I did not input forward movement would have kept going.  
I decided that the wind in the ravine could be much faster so decided not to test my drone. It may have handled the wind quite well.
I have only been flying it 2 weeks so no need to go beyond my own limitations even if the drone can fly well.
Know your limits.
2017-2-9
Use props
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

Try flying with the right side of your drone into the wind. My gimbal flips(not tilt) in p mode.
Let me know if yours handles it. They say the gimbal on the right is weaker than the left.
heres a clip of my drone showing the uncomfy situation.
2017-2-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Armando AM Posted at 2017-2-9 06:51
Try flying with the right side of your drone into the wind. My gimbal flips(not tilt) in p mode.
Let me know if yours handles it. They say the gimbal on the right is weaker than the left.

No disputing your footage for sure. Good job. That is strange for sure. Good luck with that one.
2017-2-9
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Interested Armando! I have noticed this movement for sure. I always thought it happened to be a certain wind direction and a yaw movement. But as your video shows it could just be "weaker on the right side" and I can recall a few times this has happened, including in this video but I did not include..

I think its normal and im not bothered by this, I think not unusual for gimbal to reach its min/max movement limits (Does this on startup) the thing I would be concern by is impact to the aircraft/gimbal which is mainly caused by landing/takeoff so if you hand launch and catch you should minimize any potential dmg to gimbal.
2017-2-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This looks like the condition that was corrected in the last firmware update.
Many users saw it often with the original firmware but it has gone after the update.
2017-2-11
Use props
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-11 15:45
This looks like the condition that was corrected in the last firmware update.
Many users saw it often with the original firmware but it has gone after the update.

Still happens with mine
2017-2-12
Use props
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

airspace_media Posted at 2017-2-11 15:35
Interested Armando! I have noticed this movement for sure. I always thought it happened to be a certain wind direction and a yaw movement. But as your video shows it could just be "weaker on the right side" and I can recall a few times this has happened, including in this video but I did not include..

I think its normal and im not bothered by this, I think not unusual for gimbal to reach its min/max movement limits (Does this on startup) the thing I would be concern by is impact to the aircraft/gimbal which is mainly caused by landing/takeoff so if you hand launch and catch you should minimize any potential dmg to gimbal.

Thanks for the reply
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules