Phantom 4 Pro Plus Problems solved?
4587 12 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Chan
New

New Zealand

Hi Guys,

I'm seriously looking at getting a P4P+ but have heard that there have been issues? losing power, losing horizon, built in monitor unresponsive, pulsing when looking at histogram etc.

Just wondering if the latest firmwares have solved the issues to any owners of the P4P+ that may be out there.

Thanks

David

2017-2-9
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

there has not been a firmware update recently. Personally the biggest caveat for me is the video glitching when recording 4K, as it is completely unusable, the tilting horizon is not exclusive to the plus version afaik. It simply slowly follows any roll component of the aircraft ...
2017-2-9
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha David,

The P4 Pro + (plus) is new technology in two major respects, the P4 Pro and the built in monitor based on the screen for the CrystalSky 5.5" display/device.  The P4 Pro aspect of the product is going to have some problems like any new technology but with the new screen, there are also going to be new and different problems, probably double the problems as a simple P4 Pro, statistically speaking because of two new technologies.

What you do not hear about from customers is how wonderful the product is because those whose system works as good or better than advertised are too busy flying than saying on forums how wonderful the product is.  Yes, like any new product, there can be problems.  If you are going to let things like that worry you, you can reduce the odds by just getting the P4 Pro.  If you get the P4 Pro, be sure to get the nVidia Shield K1 since it has 1080p output and HDMI built in (only $200US) or another tablet with that capability.  I have that combination and I am very satisfied (small screens hurt my eyes).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-9
Use props
Fractalturtle
New

New Zealand

Wait, what 4K glitching are you talking about? Is this on all the units?
2017-2-9
Use props
Fractalturtle
New

New Zealand

lienbacher Posted at 2017-2-9 02:59
there has not been a firmware update recently. Personally the biggest caveat for me is the video glitching when recording 4K, as it is completely unusable, the tilting horizon is not exclusive to the plus version afaik. It simply slowly follows any roll component of the aircraft ...

2017-2-9
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

Fractalturtle Posted at 2017-2-9 06:56

I don't know if there are units that don't have it.
Check this post and the thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=572919
2017-2-9
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

My advice is to get the standard controller and get an ipad. seems to be the best user experience. It was so disappointing,  the p4p+ (built in screen), i bought an regular rc which is much better. Brightness isnt the same, but thats hardly a deal breaker.
2017-2-9
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-9 03:11
Aloha David,

The P4 Pro + (plus) is new technology in two major respects, the P4 Pro and the built in monitor based on the screen for the CrystalSky 5.5" display/device.  The P4 Pro aspect of the product is going to have some problems like any new technology but with the new screen, there are also going to be new and different problems, probably double the problems as a simple P4 Pro, statistically speaking because of two new technologies.

Hi,

how is T1's screen brightness? Is it comparable to the built-in screen of the P4P+ controller (1000 lumens)?
2017-2-10
Use props
fanscaefcccc
New
Flight distance : 94829 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - I work commercially and have issues with the phantom 4 pro screen picture break up. My concern is not just working effectively but also safety when working close to a moving subject. I rate dji highly, but this is not a glitch it is a key aspect of functionality. Hopefully it can be sorted through a firmware update soon. If not surely dji need to consider a recall?
2017-2-11
Use props
Fractalturtle
New

New Zealand

Problem still hasn't been resolved I take it.
damn.
2017-2-19
Use props
mpaka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19252874 ft
Serbia

I would recommend to wait at least to see what next firmware does. I had to return P4P because of huuuge horizon tilt issue that i see many people have. Literally unusable for commercial shootings, even for hobby video if you ask me.

2017-2-19
Use props
Superbaso
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Problem solved with latest update?
2017-6-16
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft