Gloves for flying in cold weather
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

If you live in the UK Aldi are selling these fishing gloves for under a fiver for a pair this week.

Thought I would give them a try for flying with. The tips of the thumb and forefinger fold back to give you a good feel on your sticks but keeping the rest of your fingers in the warm.

Only just bought them but thought I'd share.
IMG_20170209_170357.jpg
IMG_20170209_170500.jpg
2017-2-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I use THESE.  I don't have to expose my fingers to touch the screen - they work through the gloves on the index finger & opposing thumb.  They're also good for protection from cuts, hence the kevlar on the outer hand area.

They've got excellent tactile feedback, as well.  I'm able to shoot over a mile with a .338 Lapua and feel every bit of that single-stage trigger.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

just a cautionary note: If its cold enough to require gloves, it MAY be too cold for the Mavics battery.  THere have been documented (youtube)  reports of mavics going into an emergency land mode (sometimes into water and being a total loss) due to flying occurring outside of stated operating temp range for the mavic.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

For cold weather flying I use these and they work great.
http://glovetacts.com/
2017-2-9
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

They look like they may be good.  I was out yesterday and was time limited by my fingers freezing to one battery. So today I just used a pair of North Face gloves which have finger tips that work with phone screens, albeit a bit less accurate. So ended up being fine with the gloves for most of the flying today using the controller which covers most basic controls.  Luckily it was a couple of degrees above freezing and it was the wind that was causing the minor error messages.
2017-2-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-9 09:46
just a cautionary note: If its cold enough to require gloves, it MAY be too cold for the Mavics battery.  THere have been documented (youtube)  reports of mavics going into an emergency land mode (sometimes into water and being a total loss) due to flying occurring outside of stated operating temp range for the mavic.

Yep & it's not like it'll happen on 1 flight.  Batteries may fail after enough 'out of spec' operating parameters.  Then people are like WTF.  That self-inflicted risk happens A LOT & it's like it's bad taboo to call them out on their own stupid decisions!
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules