Course Lock; ATTI
1278 7 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bootser522
New
United States

If there is a lot of wind when using Course Lock it seems you could miss your target. Is there a way to compensate and if so how?
2017-2-9
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

You may not understand what course lock does.  When you start course lock, the direction the front of the drone is facing is set up on your joystick
2017-2-9
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

You may not understand what course lock does.  When you start course lock, the direction the front of the drone is facing is the direction your drone will fly when you push the joy stick up, no matter what orientation the drone it self has.  The other three directions, (down, left, and right) are now related to the direction you set when you start course lock.  So, for example, if you are facing 12 o'clock and set the drone to 12 o'clock when you start course lock, back will always be 6, left will always be 9 and right will always be 3.  Since you are controlling the drone, the effects of wind, etc. will be negligible, unless you're flying in a hurricane.  (My previous post was incomplete because it timed out.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When a unit goes into Atti mode, horizontal stabilization is going to be limited. It would be difficult to compensate for wind.
2017-2-9
Use props
bootser522
New
United States

Thank you.....similar question and maybe more appropriate
What about Point of Interest and wind..........will the wind blow it off course and then it will not circle the correct starting center?
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

POI is a GPS position, right?  So it will circle that position.  Wind might blow it some, depends on the wind.  100 mph wind, it will blow away.  5 mph wind, it will circle perfectly.  The POI position won't change in either case.   
2017-2-10
Use props
fans7abb5ff0
lvl.1

United States

Being in course Lock and atti at same time is not possible, correct?
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I was thinking it wasn't as well and almost posted something a few hours ago, but the manual's info is scarce on IOC.  If ATTI means it's flying without GPS, then how could it work, unless it just operates on compass alone, which I guess is possible.  But home lock has to rely on GPS, so it seems odd that course lock wouldn't need it since they're both IOC.  But I'm just guessing.  
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules