Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrating failure with gimball and remote
1923 6 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

After receiving my mavic, I've just calibrated the IMU of my cold on a level table.
Did try to calibrate the gimbal, the calibrating proces is hanging at 78% and then just stops with an error message.
Is anyone having problems with this and what did you do to solve this?

Tonight I'll reset the AC withing DJI Assistant and will reload the current software.
Really hoping this will solve my issue.
Not having much fun with the Mavic after more than 3 month waiting and now not being able to fly.

Software: v01.03.0200

2017-2-10
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have had the same problem with my new mavic pro. Just received it, I wanted to calibrate the gimbal and it was stuck at 78% of the calibration. It also had the problem of the horizon tilt when flying. Now waiting for a replacement.
2017-2-10
Use props
fans95824758
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have had the same problem with my new mavic pro. Just received it, I wanted to calibrate the gimbal and it was stuck at 78% of the calibration. It also had the problem of the horizon tilt when flying. Now waiting for a replacement.
2017-2-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

fans95824758 Posted at 2017-2-10 10:10

Mmmm, did you try to reload software?
2017-2-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Used DJI Assistant, did reload the software en factory reset. Powered the AC off and on again, did not resolve the issue with calibrating the gimbal.
I guess I'll need some help from DJI now, what can I do myself to get the calibration done?
[forgot to mention that I had to update my DJI GO 4 android from 4.01 to 4.02 , did this before attemting to calibrate.]

2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2017-2-10 11:14
Used DJI Assistant, did reload the software en factory reset. Powered the AC off and on again, did not resolve the issue with calibrating the gimbal.
I guess I'll need some help from DJI now, what can I do myself to get the calibration done?
[forgot to mention that I had to update my DJI GO 4 android from 4.01 to 4.02 , did this before attemting to calibrate.]

I'm sorry none of the troubleshooting steps worked. You may need to contact DJI repair and send your aircraft in for evaluation.
Also, there's not reason to do an IMU calibration when new. It's calibrated in a controlled environment and is not needed.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-2-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-10 12:41
I'm sorry none of the troubleshooting steps worked. You may need to contact DJI repair and send your aircraft in for evaluation.
Also, there's not reason to do an IMU calibration when new. It's calibrated in a controlled environment and is not needed.
https://www.dji.com/service/repair

Hi Ken, Thank you for your response. Have just contacted DJI in the Netherlands with a email ticket 426020 to ask what else I can do.
Hope to receive a reaction maybe next week or so.

Yes I did notice your advice earlier, have been reading this forum for some months now. Maybe you can see my point of view, as I understand that the IMU should be calibrated after a crash/ heavy shock I did take the precaution to do a IMU calibration  because of transport(they do not handle with care over here). So it was preventive to do this, I actually did have it cool down before i started and this procces was easy to do.
One remark about this DJI video for calibrating the IMU, the text states to remove the propellors and perform the calibration.
But the video is showing the propellors mounted, I did without propellors.. I find it a bit confusing even if it does not have a big effect on the calibration.
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules