Version 3.1.3 available on play store that fixes fly away bug!
2457 36 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522451 ft
Italy

Dji released a new version of go app (3.1.3) that should correct fly away bug in 3.1.2.
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

DJI have never acknowledged there was/is a 'bug' in 3.1.2. They are even disputing warranty claims from those who suffered from this never acknowledged bug. In fact DJI just seem to not care and go about selling fantastic pieces of engineering with poorly compiled software to anyone with $400 spare!
Not even an announcement of the 3.1.3 release.
As to whether it fixes the previous version's never acknowledged bug is going to be a matter for their customers to find out at their peril as I doubt it has been tested in 'the real world'.
2017-2-10
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Italy

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-10 08:24
DJI have never acknowledged there was/is a 'bug' in 3.1.2. They are even disputing warranty claims from those who suffered from this never acknowledged bug. In fact DJI just seem to not care and go about selling fantastic pieces of engineering with poorly compiled software to anyone with $400 spare!
Not even an announcement of the 3.1.3 release.
As to whether it fixes the previous version's never acknowledged bug is going to be a matter for their customers to find out at their peril as I doubt it has been tested in 'the real world'.

Completely agree with you! And now i discover that it's impossible use go app without upgrade to 3.1.3!!!
2017-2-10
Use props
efcso
New

Australia

The release notes for 3.1.3 mention that it "Fixes bugs and issues when setting the user's current position as the Home Point".

when I first noticed it, there was also the statement that went similar to "we apologise for any difficulty or distress this may have caused". This bit is no longer visible.

Perhaps the reason for the mandatory upgrade to 3.1.3 is to stop any more fly-aways happening to anyone who has 3.1.2?
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

efcso Posted at 2017-2-10 08:37
The release notes for 3.1.3 mention that it "Fixes bugs and issues when setting the user's current position as the Home Point".

when I first noticed it, there was also the statement that went similar to "we apologise for any difficulty or distress this may have caused". This bit is no longer visible.

Yes but I have version 3.0.1, and it will NOT load. I'm being forced to update and loose Google maps too??
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

"Perhaps the reason for the mandatory upgrade to 3.1.3 is to stop any more fly-aways happening to anyone who has 3.1.2?"

I can understand that, but there are easy syntax to write into software checks and balances that can 'see' what version is running. To add a few lines of code to confirm what version you are running and make 3.1.2 users mandatory upgrade is not that difficult.  But then, just how much credence do you afford DJI programmers?
2017-2-10
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Italy

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-10 08:45
I can understand that, but there are easy syntax to write into software checks and balances that can 'see' what version is running. To add a few lines of code to confirm what version you are running and make 3.1.2 users mandatory upgrade is not that difficult.  But then, just how much credence do you afford DJI programmers?

For me...zero!
2017-2-10
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone dared try it yet?...we don't seem to have a choice do we?..well I'm going to give it a go..if its crap I'm going litchi
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-10 08:45

Uninstall the current version of Go, side download the version you want. Turn off the device's wifi before installing the new (older) version of Go, and don't turn the wifi back on where it might connect to the internet. Have not tested this, just thinking out loud.
2017-2-10
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Italy

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-10 09:11
Uninstall the current version of Go, side download the version you want. Turn off the device's wifi before installing the new (older) version of Go, and don't turn the wifi back on where it might connect to the internet. Have not tested this, just thinking out loud.

Same think...i will try this mode. Turn off also cell connection not only wifi.
2017-2-10
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

I've down loaded the latest app 3.1.3, let's see what happens, will try it out tomorrow morning, ALL my flight logs are back though. Too dark to try out tonight but I'll be on it first thing tomoz, if its no good I'll be on litchi before noon tomorrow
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Half the code is already in every version of Go, it just interrogates the version build and then allows you to upgrade to the newer version, or does nothing and indicates nothing. DJI are running scared over the release of 3.1.2 otherwise they would not FORCE users to upgrade to 3.1.3 by writing that in the code and stopping every version not reporting as 3.1.3 from operating. I am going to try and run 2.9.1 on my tablet as that has as yet not connected to my home network/internet as it is used as a dedicated device for Go.
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Version 3.1.4 is already available for iOS pilots. That was released on Feb.4.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just powered on my Tablet and Go version is still 2.9.1 with no forced upgrade message. Just got to remember to not turn wifi on in the house or it will connect to my home network and pickup the DJI upgrade message.
2017-2-10
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-10 10:54
Just powered on my Tablet and Go version is still 2.9.1 with no forced upgrade message. Just got to remember to not turn wifi on in the house or it will connect to my home network and pickup the DJI upgrade message.

you will still get the message without connecting to home Wi-Fi  , there's no way around the forced update  
2017-2-10
Use props
fans75cb7793
lvl.1

United States

Well I'm updated and then went for flight  and all seems ok so far
2017-2-10
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I could not resist; it is winter with 16 inches of snow on the ground so just updated.  Turned everything on and connected.  Looks OK.  The Here Maps are lackluster but I really do not use the map for anything so not a big loss for me.  I will be flying as soon as the flight battery gets to full charge.  I'll post again when flight is over.
2017-2-10
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Italy

JackA Posted at 2017-2-10 11:22
I could not resist; it is winter with 16 inches of snow on the ground so just updated.  Turned everything on and connected.  Looks OK.  The Here Maps are lackluster but I really do not use the map for anything so not a big loss for me.  I will be flying as soon as the flight battery gets to full charge.  I'll post again when flight is over.

We are waiting results....
2017-2-10
Use props
fans7da59d27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184888 ft
United Kingdom

it is still 3.1.2 but bug has been fixed
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

kndll Posted at 2017-2-10 11:06
you will still get the message without connecting to home Wi-Fi  , there's no way around the forced update

Not it you had it running before (it was reg), the device wifi is off by default. It would still work. It would have to connect to the DJI servers at least once since the update was out. If you were out on a inland with no internet at all, and flying your Phantom yesterday. It's wouldn't just stop working on the old Go app today.
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

fans7da59d27 Posted at 2017-2-10 11:44
it is still 3.1.2 but bug has been fixed

It's now 3.1.3 on Google Play Store in the states.
2017-2-10
Use props
kndll
Second Officer
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-10 12:11
Not it you had it running before (it was reg), the device wifi is off by default. It would still work. It would have to connect to the DJI servers at least once since the update was out. If you were out on a inland with no internet at all, and flying your Phantom yesterday. It's wouldn't just stop working on the old Go app today.

app is connecting through celluar , doesn't need internet , apparently this feature has been built in for some time and DJI just activated it ,  everyone will be forced to upgrade .
2017-2-10
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I still think it sucks that DJI is forcing all of us to upgrade. At least before, we could choose what we felt worked for us. I hope they got it all fixed! Hey, one thing about it, we are all in the same boat now!
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

kndll Posted at 2017-2-10 12:14
app is connecting through celluar , doesn't need internet , apparently this feature has been built in for some time and DJI just activated it ,  everyone will be forced to upgrade .

As I initially posted. I use an Android Tablet to run DJI Go exclusively. It has no cell/LTE capability. Wifi is switched off. 2.9.1 runs without the forced upgrade message. As long as I do not turn wifi on at home and connect to my home network it will still operate without having to upgrade to 3.1.3. Unless I forget then I will not be forced to upgrade until I decide to take that step.
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

What if your device doesn't have cell service, mine does not. And devices that have active cell service have internet.
2017-2-10
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-10 12:34
What if your device doesn't have cell service, mine does not. And devices that have active cell service have internet.

WilliamM:

Airplane mode turns off cell service...

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-2-10 14:33
WilliamM:

Airplane mode turns off cell service...

I was replying to "kndll" comment with "MerlinL14", he was trying to say any device (internet or not) would have the Go app force an update message, because the device didn't need internet to connect to the DJI servers it would just use a cell connection instead.  I was just letting him know that a cell connection=internet, you don't need wifi for the device to find the internet. Besides, "MerlinL14" device has no sim card, and had wifi turned off by default, and as long as he keeps it that way he'll not get a update message from DJI.
2017-2-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"app is connecting through celluar , doesn't need internet "

Connects to what through cell service?
Clue .. It begins with Inter and ends with Net.
2017-2-10
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

TANGOMIKE Posted at 2017-2-10 11:31
We are waiting results....

Flew for about half a battery on the GO APP 3.1.3 without problems nor stay messages about interference ETC.  Now that I have actually looked at the "Here Maps" I can see that they are not as good as the Google maps but they are fine enough for what I do.  The Home Point set and stayed as we all expect it to do.  I did not perform a RTH because I was in too good of a mood to wreck it with a problem.
2017-2-10
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Updated, flew. Excellent. Luckily I started from the house, so I still had wifi to do the unexpected update. Now the remote is still at 1.6.0.Thanks DJI for this fast action.

Upgrade or ....

Upgrade or ....
2017-2-11
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

After reading all of this about a forced update, I took my bird outside and flew her around for a while. Other than the normal firmware upgrade available message, that I just close the bird flew fine. I have an iPad and it is obviously attached to the internet for me to be able to send this message. I have not upgraded my drone since I bought it more than 7 months ago. My bird flys fine and hope not to have to upgrade.
2017-2-11
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
United States

What's the easy way to see what firmware I am on, drone and go app.
2017-2-11
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
United States

Trackerputnam Posted at 2017-2-11 11:12
What's the easy way to see what firmware I am on, drone and go app.

There are probably many ways to check but here is one way:

Turn on the Remote Control
Turn on the Phantom
Connect your device to the Phantom
Open the GO APP
Select the little "stack" symbol in the upper right hand corner of the APP display
Select "About"

You will see the current APP version, Current Firmware shown as "version" and the Remote control serial number.
2017-2-11
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
United States

I got to checking healthydrones and found it there. 3.01.01 I believe.  So have not been forced to change yet even with iPad attached to house wifi and accessing internet. Perhaps I will slip through the cracks.
2017-2-11
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

Trackerputnam Posted at 2017-2-11 11:09
After reading all of this about a forced update, I took my bird outside and flew her around for a while. Other than the normal firmware upgrade available message, that I just close the bird flew fine. I have an iPad and it is obviously attached to the internet for me to be able to send this message. I have not upgraded my drone since I bought it more than 7 months ago. My bird flys fine and hope not to have to upgrade.

This is for Android only.
2017-2-11
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
United States

Oh great since I am using iPad. Sucks for droid guys and gals.
2017-2-11
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

I've run 3.1.2 beta update, new version of 3.1.2 and now 3.1.3.  All seem OK except for startup issues with my Samsung I've always had.
I get interferance near my home so can't go beyond about 1500 out (not up!) before RTH kicks in.  Then I notice my grid disappears but still shows set.  If I power AC off and back on after landing/battery change, grids become visible again.
Samsung issue: can't connect to RC unless powered up/rebooted after powering on RC and connecting USB cable; right side of screen won't respond to touch until I reboot.  This last part is not the digitizer hardware as the right side of the screen responds outside of GO.
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules