123Next >
10721 99 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

Well, I just found out that my DJI go app wont work anymore unless you update?
Are you kidding me?  I now have to use the buggy new versions?  Anyone else please chime in !!
2017-2-10
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Yup pretty much. Everyone's being forced to beta another iffy update.
2017-2-10
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Same here. Mandatory update or app won't open.  I want to stay with 2.9.1.
Looks like they found a way to ground many flyers.
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I paid >£400 for MY P3S, I should NOT be forced to fly it with unproved software that DJI refuse to acknowledge was ill compiled. I have 2.9.1 it flys MY aircraft as I expect it to fly. I do not need nannying by a company who has a track record of distributing bad software. Litchi is looking the better option each day. I was planing to fly this weekend if Go tries to stop me flying MY aircraft unless I upgrade to an untested upgrade then Litchi will be getting my £20 and DJI can go swivel.
2017-2-10
Use props
Strawberry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15974544 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, Guys not a happy bunny here been using DJI go version 2.8.1 for 7 months without issue today they wants me to update any way round this.
2017-2-10
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
United States

Sounds like Litchi may be the only way out. I haven't used it yet.  Does anyone know if you can load it on two devices (like a software license) or do you have to pay for each installation?
2017-2-10
Use props
fansf274e658
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53465 ft
United States

Messed up.... I cannot believe they are making people use the buggy software .
Now we have to all be testers for their glitches and hey go buy their required device .

Was almost seconding guessing myself before I created this post.
2017-2-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

think you can use litchi on more devices and its a lot better than the go app.as you can get voice telling you everything like height speed and how fare its from you and even in your launguage from every country you live in.and it has a fully mission option too where you make a flight route on your computer and you can then let the drone fly it self on your device
2017-2-10
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

Palladous Posted at 2017-2-10 08:47
Sounds like Litchi may be the only way out. I haven't used it yet.  Does anyone know if you can load it on two devices (like a software license) or do you have to pay for each installation?

On the Mac app store, it is a plus purchase, which means you buy it one time and it will load both on the phone and on an iPad.  Not sure about Google play.  It took we 5 nano seconds to like it better than DJI Go.  You will still need go to perform certain maintenance operations (firmware updates) etc, that Litchi doesn't support.  But, I don't use DJI Go for flying anymore.
2017-2-10
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
United States

sdevan45@cox.ne Posted at 2017-2-10 08:56
On the Mac app store, it is a plus purchase, which means you buy it one time and it will load both on the phone and on an iPad.  Not sure about Google play.  It took we 5 nano seconds to like it better than DJI Go.  You will still need go to perform certain maintenance operations (firmware updates) etc, that Litchi doesn't support.  But, I don't use DJI Go for flying anymore.

Thanks - good advice.  I hope they don't do the same thing to the firmware.
2017-2-10
Use props
kent_chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34524 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else getting a popup recently (on android) talking about an update? I havent been able to fly this past week due to weather and unfortunately work commitments, but the other day I was prompted more than once with a message from the DJI Go app about a recommended update I should get. This was outside the app and just while I was reading a WhatsApp message. Seemed a bit odd. What's stranger is I was already running the latest version anyway.
2017-2-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

They fixes the return to home issue 3 days ago with an update
2017-2-10
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

just the one.  i have it on my tablet and phone
2017-2-10
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

I think this is really onacceptable.
And now again everything is not right, and I have a fly-away? DJI will then replace the drone?
Etc, etc, etc    I'm not a beta tester for their crappy software!

Force

Force
2017-2-10
Use props
Markyheff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 476886 ft
United Kingdom

And no Google maps
2017-2-10
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

You can have it on more than one device, even on different platforms.
2017-2-10
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

Nail in the coffin for me.  NEVER again will I spend a dime on any DJI product.   Not long now before someone decides that class action is necessary to keep this company in check for using all of us that spend OUR money on a product only to be forced to become a beta tester, and then get denied warranty when something goes wrong because they do not have a development staff that is worth a penny.  Shame on you DJI.  Shame on you.   
2017-2-10
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

Everyone - call DJI and complain. They have  a USA based support and it will cost them about $5-10 per phone call they have to answer. Lets flood their phones with calls complaining .. it will cost them, and then their call records will show the complaints and their engineering group will hear about it.

Their US Support # is 1-818-235-0789

Rest of the numbers for Global:
CHINA

Mon-Sun 9:00AM-12:30PM; 2:00PM-9:00PM (GMT+8)

HONG KONG CHINA

MACAU CHINA

TAIWAN

UNITED STATES & CANADA

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

GERMANY

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)

NETHERLANDS

Mon-Fri 10:00AM - 7:00PM (GMT+1)

UNITED KINGDOM

Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM (GMT+0)

2017-2-10
Use props
Microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

This really boils down to a few things.  
1. Too many users are on too many versions resulting in support issues.
2. Current development team is not given proper resources to develop, test  and confirm new updates.
3. Corporate strategy is about profit, not emotions.
4. User product education and training is very limited, resulting in product damage and false claims to company.
5. No external development/testing allowed resulting in issues with newer updates to software and firmware not discovered by the company.
6. Too many people claiming law suits even if it is resulted in user error.
7. Modifications being done resulting in usage to cause harm to others resulting in bad PR to company.
8. Too many support calls and not enough support staff resulting in major delays to the customer.

Add those all up and you can see why DJI is kinda being forced to streamline their products and force version control.
I personally would love to help them in the development and beta testing before new firmware and software gets sent out and offer code corrections to the software bugs, but that is really not an option for DJI unless you are a major social media promoter for their products, so they are kinda left to force these software and firmware packages on you to help them support what they know.  
I would love to be able to help them, but never heard back on that so they are left to their own devices.

I suspect is that they have made their software so Apple like preparatory and with a major lack in the development teams knowledge of their own firmware has resulted in too much garbage code floating around resulting is bugs that are not being fully tested..
2017-2-10
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Apple can afford to buyout DJI and make it proprietary but.... at least the code will work.... but not on Android devices.
2017-2-10
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

I just got done talking to a rep on the phone and the result was just as I suspected.   You WILL upgrade the app, or you WILL NOT fly - period.  When I asked about not being able to even exit the app unless I clicked the upgrade button he seemed to find that humorous, but also said that I will have to force it closed if I want to keep it on my phone as is.   You can roll the dice and hope no one gets hurt when it takes off on you, or set it on a table as a reminder of who not to do business with.   This is really frustrating.  
2017-2-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

Then buy the litchi app and just use the dji go to update the firmware and use litci to fly its worth every penny and offer more than the go app can do
2017-2-10
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps we should give them a chance here?  Everyone complaining they haven't done anything and now they have, people are still complaining..... they really can't win here.    From what I understand, there was only one serious problem.... RTH..... with the older version so they'll have been able to pool all their resources into solving this one problem............. I'm sure they wouldn't risk another blunder so I'd imagine it's been well and truly tested.  Time will tell though and I'll give a test run tomorrow morning!!
2017-2-10
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

This is an extension of DJI protectionism. In early stages of DJI offered to general public - they had to install No Fly zone and restricted zones to cover their 'posteriors' from the idiots flying them.
That and crappy so-called intelligent batterys.
Now we have Go app that has been a failure for many over the last 6 months of versions along with bad FW ... being forced to update to latest version.

The Phantom 3 and 4 range cut back to just the 3S ... and all effort now on the Mavic. In my mind this is the strategy to move people over to Mavic ... but who will want to spend that sort of money if having had a 3S and being forced to use software they don't want ? How they can be confident that Mavic will perform and not go off on its own merry way ?

DJI - YOU are making a big mistake that will come around and bite you hard on the ar**.
DJI - You would have done more good for yourself if you had removed some of the proprietary crap you insist on and sorted the app's to work OR just at least left those who had worked hard to create a working machine alone !!

The time and effort I spent on testing combinations of FW and Go has now been all wasted ............ THANK YOU DJI.

I shall now be looking to replace my DJI when it needs it with a competing product. I shall never consider the Mavic no matter what you claim it to be. DJI - if you had played fair with us the customers - then I probably would have looked at the Mavic.
Today the Quanum MR is a good alternative to the P3 .... tomorrow ? I am sure it will be developed further - already it has left the Syma's and others well behind in Toyland.

DJI - Wake up and get real.

Nigel
2017-2-10
Use props
digdat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-10 12:33
Perhaps we should give them a chance here?  Everyone complaining they haven't done anything and now they have, people are still complaining..... they really can't win here.    From what I understand, there was only one serious problem.... RTH..... with the older version so they'll have been able to pool all their resources into solving this one problem............. I'm sure they wouldn't risk another blunder so I'd imagine it's been well and truly tested.  Time will tell though and I'll give a test run tomorrow morning!!

if they targeted only the version which had the bug (which was only one version), id have no issue with it. I'm running 2.9.1 and it works perfectly. I have absolutely no need or desire to update. I did it once before and it caused transmission issues and errors. Upgraded again and then maps wouldn't load. Went back to 2.9.1 and perfectly fine. I'm gunshy, if it works perfectly fine (and i fly really far), i dont want any changes .. and I think i should be allowed that choice on my phone/tablet. There is a right way to push updates, and its through the play store.
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Not sure how many devices it works on, but I have two (cell and tablet) works fine.
2017-2-10
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Kingdom

As long as you use same login to Play Store and it is for same platform ... Android / iOS - then you can have SAME version on multiple platforms but only pay once. If you want iOS and Android - then you have to pay for each separately.

Last entry in FAQ of Litchi Manual explains this.

Nigel
2017-2-10
Use props
fans5339822e
lvl.1

United States

Having problems with image transfer on phantom 3 standard since new firmware and updated app. Is it just software issues causing this.
2017-2-10
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-10 08:36
I paid >£400 for MY P3S, I should NOT be forced to fly it with unproved software that DJI refuse to acknowledge was ill compiled. I have 2.9.1 it flys MY aircraft as I expect it to fly. I do not need nannying by a company who has a track record of distributing bad software. Litchi is looking the better option each day. I was planing to fly this weekend if Go tries to stop me flying MY aircraft unless I upgrade to an untested upgrade then Litchi will be getting my £20 and DJI can go swivel.

Same here, I'm going to try it.
But it does not work..................again, then I switch on litchi.
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Was reading on the other forum and we've come to the conclusion that if you device has cell data, not just wifi data you can get Google maps to work on this new Go version.
2017-2-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

arent they using here maps now in the go app??
2017-2-10
Use props
fans15d28fbb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122438 ft
Canada

DJI you're not fair making us upgrade when your last app was so bad nobody nobody wanted to fly I finally got everything straightened Away by downgrading my app and I was happy and you go and pull this I thought we should have choices in this world it's fine if your apps work properly but when they don't you abandoned everybody and them sit there in silence you can't even talk on this blog until you upgrade you now I am stuck with your new app It better work not fair it would have been better to admit your fault come out with the better app and everybody would have been too happy
poor move DJI
2017-2-10
Use props
Rabe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 967907 ft
Germany

Hello,
here in Germany it seems wer are left alone. I had just a night-flight with go-App version 3.1.0 and it worked fine. No forced update or any popups.
But in the appstore they offer an update to version 3.1.2  :-(
2017-2-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

it will come to germany too as its already here in denmark lol lol thank god for litchi app
2017-2-10
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I called them, and they are like sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-2-10
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-2-10 14:29
arent they using here maps now in the go app??

Page #3 on the other forum, some have found a work around, not 100% but works for some.

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... store.106267/page-3
2017-2-10
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Its great being FORCED to update.DJI continues to make enemies of their customers that have lined their pockets with our cash. I se Go App v3.00 because I like it and it has the google maps.What a pompous sanctimonious arrogant and ignorant company. Anyway...I will update my Go App just to check IMU and sensors on my P3A..shut the Go App down and use LITCHI. LITCHI's gunna make some money this weekend !!
2017-2-10
Use props
fans50b43636
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26161 ft
Canada

It's BS to force an update in this manner.  I was happy with 2.9.1, guess I will be buying Litchi. As for DJI, live and learn I guess. This is my last DJI product for sure which is too bad cause I did enjoy my P3A, just not all the BS that came with it.
2017-2-10
Use props
KCadby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638474 ft
United States

Sorry for the Long post but One Month of Flying "has been a long story" considering I expected my first Decent Quad (tried a Syma first) to be a bit of a Learning Curve but WOWZA what a learning curve it's been!?!?!? With most of the learning having little to do with actually Fly...lol...

I was AFRAID to do ANY updates after seeing so many people have issues installing and or using 1.8.10 and after using 3.1.1 with CRAPPY HERE Maps on my Old S3 phone (Small and SLOW with GO App) I ended up trying three other versions of Software just so I could have GMaps (and piece of mind that the P3S I LOVE to fly would work properly) another plus being the S3 liked the older versions slightly better also...
When I "added" a 8" Nvidia Shield K1 on the same credit card that I HAD to use to buy the P3, I installed 3.1.2 and I LOVED being able to Fly FPV for the 1st time but THANK GOODNESS I didn't have any trouble with it let alone have a Fly AWAY (I never once Tapped the RTH Button though and I also never saw my position "out of place")...

But THEN I started reading about the Fly AWAY happening over and over with 3.1.2 so I went back to older software in the K1 (and was HAPPY to have GMaps again)...
Been HAPPILY flying for weeks UNTIL I OPENED GO THIS MORNING to see THE update window and the only way I could get out of it was on the K1 you can tap a button to show all open Apps then "clear all" to close them = Go disappeared also...
Only thing that made me feel "a little better" about all of this was seeing a post about the supposed Fix for the Fly-Aways on Play Store 3.1.2 (all of this has had me reading the Board(s) EVERY DAY)...

SO... I figured it was time to Make It or Break/BRICK It (even though I JUST sent the FIRST payment to CCard earlier this week) so I Un-installed the old software, Installed 3.1.3 then (hands shaking) started the Firmware Update process...
Well... So far so good = Firmware update went smooth-ish (stopped at about four different places including the "dreaded 40%") but completed SUCCESSFUL = SHOOOoooooo...
Did a restart on RC and AC then Calibrated IMU and then the Controller (watching controls move the same way as the sticks on screen) and then the Gimbal just for the heck of it...
Took it to the local park and Calibrated Compass and then Test Flight ONE = No Problems or Issues with anything THANK GOODNESS!!! (accept I STILL HATE HERE Maps)...
8" K1 Tablet had to come first so I still only have 1-battery = rushed home to CHARGE then back again for Flight two (trying to get 99.9% Full Moon Rise) and again No Issues...so far...
Clouds on the Horizon so I missed the Moon Rise but it finally peeked through the clouds when I had 21% battery left = wishing I could Attach a Picture...

Adding that my video has all been smooth and I don't think I have any noticeable lag that I didn't have before (Shield K1 is fast = why I chose it ) but I make sure of that the next time I fly...
STILL have NEVER tapped RTH but I "always fly until Bat. is below 20%" so it has started RTH several times (including today) and hasn't ever done anything Stupid...

98.8% Full Moon Rises after Dark "tonight" so going to where I'll get it coming up from the Ocean if no clouds this time
2017-2-10
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-10 12:33

I tend to go with this thought

lets hope anyhow

good luck and have fun flying!
2017-2-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules