Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO Making you upgrade software
10718 100 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pjhudson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4820 ft
United States

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-10 12:33
Perhaps we should give them a chance here?  Everyone complaining they haven't done anything and now they have, people are still complaining..... they really can't win here.    From what I understand, there was only one serious problem.... RTH..... with the older version so they'll have been able to pool all their resources into solving this one problem............. I'm sure they wouldn't risk another blunder so I'd imagine it's been well and truly tested.  Time will tell though and I'll give a test run tomorrow morning!!

the problem is not RTH for me - it's the awful lag that makes watching the screen absolutely useless- it's like a really old laptop struggling to play low resolution video with outdated codecs. version 3.1.1 did not have this issue so it's not my phone like they want you to believe.
2017-2-13
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

pjhudson Posted at 2017-2-13 10:11
the problem is not RTH for me - it's the awful lag that makes watching the screen absolutely useless- it's like a really old laptop struggling to play low resolution video with outdated codecs. version 3.1.1 did not have this issue so it's not my phone like they want you to believe.

I had laggy video, cleared my phone's cache and all was good.
2017-2-13
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Video lag, messages about loss of connection. All these pale into insignificance when you put in to perspective the loss of and damage caused to customers Phantoms due to a total and negligent lack of communication over the 3.1.2 fiasco. More then any of the 'little' glitches that happen when you have to communicate in unknown 'frequency noisy' area's, this one episode will have done more damage to DJI's reputation than issues over the whole of 2015 combined!
It could of cause have been mitigated by a simple burst email to every registered customer and a blanket communication to all their retailers about the 3.1.2 issues. But they chose not to, so they are due any and all fall out that is aimed squarely at them.
2017-2-13
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-2-11 14:15
What a bunch of crap.I also noticed that no dji moderator has even shown up on the
fourm.I would not recommend anyone buying there product.I do not even know if I
could sell my P3S

I would really like to go to linchi.
2017-2-17
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buy yhe Litchi app. Its $25 and has much more to offer than the DJI GO app. Plus it has google Maps
2017-2-17
Use props
townsendfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231171 ft

United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-17 11:33
Buy yhe Litchi app. Its $25 and has much more to offer than the DJI GO app. Plus it has google Maps

how does it work with an android.I have a Samsung galaxy A 7.I have had 4 good flights with  3.1.3 and
1.7.90 fw. But today I had 5 lost signals  1 total shut down  of the app in just 1 flight.I did have google
maps show up in lower left corner and could make it go full screen when I taped on it.I will pay $25
if litchi will work on my galaxy  A7
2017-2-17
Use props
fans26f87d8f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Hey Folks, glad to find the forum.  I am a newbie to the Mavic Pro.  When I first got my new Mavic, I upgraded the firmware on the quad and the controller.  I installed the latest DJI GO 4 app that you all are talking about.  Just in case when I use my Galaxy S7edge I restart before I fly, make sure all apps are closed, turn off WiFi and turn the screen brightness all the way up.  I now have 8 flawless flights and couldn't be more pleased.  The app has it's quirks in the academy etc. but while flying it has been perfect.  I'm probably not pushing it to the limits you folks are, but today I would give the app 4.5-5/5.  

Just my two cents and I hope that I'll be able to contribute in the near future.

2017-2-17
Use props
El'KaBong
lvl.2

United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-2-17 14:12
how does it work with an android.I have a Samsung galaxy A 7.I have had 4 good flights with  3.1.3 and
1.7.90 fw. But today I had 5 lost signals  1 total shut down  of the app in just 1 flight.I did have google
maps show up in lower left corner and could make it go full screen when I taped on it.I will pay $25

I ran Litchi on a tab A and I think it worked better than DJI go.Just make sure you force close GO before you start litchi.
2017-2-17
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

fans26f87d8f Posted at 2017-2-17 17:28
Hey Folks, glad to find the forum.  I am a newbie to the Mavic Pro.  When I first got my new Mavic, I upgraded the firmware on the quad and the controller.  I installed the latest DJI GO 4 app that you all are talking about.  Just in case when I use my Galaxy S7edge I restart before I fly, make sure all apps are closed, turn off WiFi and turn the screen brightness all the way up.  I now have 8 flawless flights and couldn't be more pleased.  The app has it's quirks in the academy etc. but while flying it has been perfect.  I'm probably not pushing it to the limits you folks are, but today I would give the app 4.5-5/5.  

Just my two cents and I hope that I'll be able to contribute in the near future.

Wrong forum. this is the Phantom P3 Standard forum.
2017-2-17
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

townsendfrank Posted at 2017-2-17 14:12

I use a galaxy s2. No problems at all. Litchi seems to be compatible with a wider variety of phones and tabs. Go the the Litchi web site and see if it will work with your mobile device.  
2017-2-18
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-2-18 03:05
I use a galaxy s2. No problems at all. Litchi seems to be compatible with a wider variety of phones and tabs. Go the the Litchi web site and see if it will work with your mobile device.

Received blocking message today while updating google maps. I am using 1.6.8 with 2.8.4 go app. Cleared app cache and message went, now able to connect again with 2.8.4 app. Have achieved 624m unmodded with this set up. Don't update maps and all will be well.
2017-2-18
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Had a chance to fly today, but wanted to calibrate the compass because of a new camera install on the bottom of the mavic. I got this tip, so did the calibration in litchi instead. But found the fix here

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/forced-go-app-update-workaround.106488/

From that thread, The way that got rid of the nag permanently is to force stop the go app, then using Kirby's post (minus the app cache clear, it's not needed).
"
1. Install Hosts Editor from Play Store
2. Add the following entry:
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
Hostname: upgrade.bgcentre.com
"

Then open file list.json in the cache directory and change 3.1.3 at the top to the version you're using. I run it in aircraft mode and it worked great. Even thinks my firmware is up to date. I fly in litchi anyway, use go for calibrations.
2017-2-21
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3686975 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-11 05:47
You also need to understand that DJI needs to ensure people who are not aware of the 3.1.2 581 app may have home point issues and not know.
The only way to make sure is that everyone is forced to do an app update. They identified the issue and fixed it.

Freedom off choice always should prevail !
2017-2-22
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3686975 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-13 09:05
What do you have, and how much do you want for it?

P4 12 hours, two batteries $800 LOL !
wiggle.gif
2017-2-22
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

No Forced Update DJI GO

2017-2-25
Use props
djennings
New

United States

I too hope that DJI will resolve the "must update" issue.  I called them yesterday evening and was told I needed to e-mail the tech support folks.  I have been flying with v 2.7.2 on my LG V10 successfully for months and had even tried some of the updates but ended up having to roll back.  Now I have no option and can not fly with my LG V10.  I am unaware of this Litchi app but will investigate it.
2017-3-1
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-16
Use props
fans49cfe005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I liked mine fine. Way Points I could go backwards along same path I had set by pulling the reverse throttle. I almost crashed into WalMart thinking It would do the same after a update.
2017-4-16
Use props
fans49cfe005
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I got the update and it failed now I am sitting through the dreaded beep I used to get a couple years ago. Don't know if it will stop or not anyone know. I guess I will keep on letting it beep till I go crazy or it loads correctly this time.
2017-4-16
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

I just checked and I have 3.1.5 and altho I only have a few small flights in beginner mode.After reading through these threads and seeing I might only be able to fly 400 ft. away from me isn't what I expect if that is true.It sounds like DJI has software or programming problems but why are we as Drone flyers being punished IF their software is causing problems ?.
2017-5-17
Use props
fansd4e0e3d8
New
Flight distance : 6736 ft
United Kingdom

What they shouldnt do is make updating mandatory. I havent used my PS3S for several month, headed north with all kit charged then found out - in the middle of nowhere that I couldnt run the DJI app as I need to register the new software. Just how am I going to do that miles for wifi and a phone signal let alone 4G! Its absolute bollox. Dumped the DJI and going Litchi. I wont be buying a new drone from DJI either. Customer focused my arse.
2017-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules