1812 13 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just curious if anyone know the plans for DJI to release a thermal camera for the Inspire 2 (like the XT)?  Also if the plan is to create a new Osmo for the X4S/X5s?

Thanks

2017-2-10
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know they are doing a new version of the Osmo for the X5S won't be available for along time, I don't think not sure about the XT.
2017-2-10
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

you would think that if DJI would broadly indicate on the I2 page that they will have an OSMO at some point, they would certainly attract and sell to more people.  I was on the fence to be honest on the whole package because of this.  I then bit the bullet.  I'd be extremely disappointed if they didn't come out with one.  I know it is mentioned but it's in fine print and doesn't seem like a big deal as it is not front and center (headlines)...this makes me think that perhaps they don't know if it is even possible.  
2017-2-10
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-2-10 10:37
you would think that if DJI would broadly indicate on the I2 page that they will have an OSMO at some point, they would certainly attract and sell to more people.  I was on the fence to be honest on the whole package because of this.  I then bit the bullet.  I'd be extremely disappointed if they didn't come out with one.  I know it is mentioned but it's in fine print and doesn't seem like a big deal as it is not front and center (headlines)...this makes me think that perhaps they don't know if it is even possible.

for once maybe they are trying to underpromise and overdeliver
2017-2-10
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

well my background with DJI goes for about 2-3 months...so I'm not at all too familiar with their process.  Fingers crossed!!
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

100% agree. If they were advertising that these things were definitely coming and gave some kind of broad timeline I bet they would sell more.  It's definitely affecting my decision.

Because at this point if you can pick up an Inspire 1 Pro for quite a bit less and have all of those options , to me that's a pretty big selling point in the direction of I1.

2017-2-10
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Mark847 Posted at 2017-2-10 13:32
100% agree. If they were advertising that these things were definitely coming and gave some kind of broad timeline I bet they would sell more.  It's definitely affecting my decision.

Because at this point if you can pick up an Inspire 1 Pro for quite a bit less and have all of those options , to me that's a pretty big selling point in the direction of I1.

maybe they are trying to sell of old XT stock first? As nobody would buy it if they thought it might be an option for the I2??
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-2-10 10:37

When it comes to complementing the OSMO with the Inspire Series, it's rarely been an immediate release in my experience.
2017-2-10
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-10 13:41
maybe they are trying to sell of old XT stock first? As nobody would buy it if they thought it might be an option for the I2??

Interesting point...
2017-2-10
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 13:54
When it comes to complementing the OSMO with the Inspire Series, it's rarely been an immediate release in my experience.

Thanks Jamie...but why wouldn't marketing at least put the concept out there and a page on it, like coming soon with an estimate or something - anything...like you can expect at some point in the future an osmo for the I2.
2017-2-11
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Folks,

Making the assumption here that you're all fairly new to the world of DJI, it's marketing and it's track record on delivery.
When the I1 launched there was also the announcement of a low cost, hand held gimbal - 'Coming Soon'.

When it did finally arrive many, many months later, it wasn't too cheap. But it finally arrived.
The recent launches of product (Mavic, I2) have seen delays in production and engineering quality - all signs that things are still being rushed at shenzen.

So the pragmatic approach is to disbelieve the marketing, avoid the hype, educate yourself using other people's experiences and purchase when product is actually available.
2017-2-11
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 13:54
Sorry double post, I will believe though kind of like in santa.
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-2-11 12:24
Thanks Jamie...but why wouldn't marketing at least put the concept out there and a page on it, like coming soon with an estimate or something - anything...like you can expect at some point in the future an osmo for the I2.

It would be speculative on my end, but it may bee more plausible when the items are closer to completion.
2017-2-13
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

I know you aren't in a position to release any type of confidential information, I wouldn't expect you too Jamie.   I think the general consensus on these forums is the lack of proper communication from DJI to it's customers.  If you think about it abstractly, if the customer 'knows' for a fact you are working on a platform, and you announce it in proper form, there will be no guessing outside of the customary waiting periods for R&D and onboarding to market which is normal.  Probably some good constructive feedback for you to bring to the table.  Thanks in advance.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules