Help! What is this yellow light?
2594 15 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73087 ft
United States

What is this blinking yellow light? It blinks only in that corner of the P4P constantly when drone is on.
IMG_8968.JPG
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That certainly looks like a spider from underneath.
image.jpeg

Not sure about the internal Amber light...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
Rafe Hracek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9121 ft

United States

Seeing that it's inside, it could be in ATTI mode or not connected to controller
2017-2-10
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

its the homing device if you break an faa rule they find you.
j/k

its probably just a status light. every rc toy i have has one in some form or another.
2017-2-10
Use props
BlueMan
lvl.2
United States

yea i know its a status light but i can't find anywhere online what it actually means. i am worried about flying it and something goes wrong. does anyone actually know what this light is?
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Without a warning message on the screen, it seems safe enough to me.

All RC modeled aircraft have lights on its esc, or a bec, even receivers.

I'd be more prone to worry, if the light was blinking...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
BlueMan
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-10 18:34
Without a warning message on the screen, it seems safe enough to me.

All RC modeled aircraft have lights on its esc, or a bec, even receivers.

lol it is blinking. and i think i should worry since no one else is chiming in that their's does it too
2017-2-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OK, yes - mine has that too. But it's clearly an internal motherboard indicator LED, and sits next to a constant-on red one. And my P4P flys just fine...
2017-2-10
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Hahahaha op u are fine its just the ac status light
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BlueMan Posted at 2017-2-10 18:51
lol it is blinking. and i think i should worry since no one else is chiming in that their's does it too

Yes, that's what I said, blinking light, often means a warning.

But without any error message & no warning on the screen there are not enough facts to seriously worry about.

You could make a short flight and get the flight LOG data analyzed at  

http://www.healthydrones.com and http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

See if it reveals any anomalies, on those websites.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-10
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Big brother has finally infiltrated the P....
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is the RC on when this happens? It could be the RC receiver.
2017-2-10
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

So here I am scrolling looking for the answer to this guy's question because I'd like to know it too and all I see is a bunch of wise ass posts. If you don't know why the light is flashing maybe don't add to the list of fools.
2017-2-10
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Visalia Califor Posted at 2017-2-10 20:15
So here I am scrolling looking for the answer to this guy's question because I'd like to know it too and all I see is a bunch of wise ass posts. If you don't know why the light is flashing maybe don't add to the list of fools.

Aloha Visalia,

If you looked at the image Blue posted, you would be able to see that the light is only visible "with difficulty".  It is not a status light, at worst, it would be a DJI indicator light for those evaluations when you have to send your Phantom back to DJI.  DJI technicians know what it means and if you rebuild your Phantom 4 Pro, you will probably learn what it means to.

My P4 Pro does the same thing and is nothing to worry about, but that has already been said a number of times and Blue is addressing those answers.  Now, here I am using my time and effort trying to explain to you that Blue wants reassurance and he is getting plenty from his thread.

It is beyond comprehension for me (maybe I am just dumb) that you would expect the general users, who have no access to the P4 Pro technical repair manuals of DJI, and the advanced users who are the DJI Team, who also do not normally have access to the technical repair manuals, to have an answer for a technical, not a user, question about a product that has been on the market for way less than a year.  

Blue is asking a "hacker" question and you are pursuing a hacker answer.  The only way to get the hacker answer is outside of this Forum, on the Internet.  Look up YouTube videos on replacing the skin or MC board of the P4 Pro (for a start).  That is where you will get your answer.

Calling the community members, who are trying to assure Blue that there is not a problem - fools - is not appropriate in this thread.  Your post is exactly what DJI is trying to reduce on this Forum because it is not a positive post regarding a legitimate question by Blue (even if the question is a hacker question).  And remember, this is DJI's Forum.

The answer to Blue's hacker question is the same answer I just gave you, and/or reassurance that it is a normal circumstance and an indicator light.  And with notice, as provided by others above, that it is not a "Status" light issue.  All this is being done and with a collegial/community effort.  Except for your post, this thread is functioning the way it should be functioning according to DJI's Rules and Regulations for this Forum.

If you have a hard time understanding these simple concepts, or supporting them, you have the option of not using the privilege of using this Forum granted by DJI.  We would like to have you sharing your experiences with us in a positive way with us as part of the DJI community.

Please try to understand that this is a pep talk to try to help you fit in better with the community.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-11
Use props
Mayday
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Orange solid light on drone power on.
Then red solid.
Then red solid plus orange flickering.

power on controller

Red changes to solid green with orange still flickering.
I hope this soothes your troubled mind.

Regards, John.
2017-2-11
Use props
Mayday
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mayday Posted at 2017-2-11 06:15
Orange solid light on drone power on.
Then red solid.
Then red solid plus orange flickering.

That orange LED could be seen as yellow. Well it's a sort of orangy yellow or could possibly yellowy orange.
I think it is the one you mean, anyway.
The leds are probably flagging the different stages of the start up process. The are inside the drone casing and are probably not meant to be seen. Personally,  I wouldn't worry about the leds.
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules