Nvidia shield software update nougat. 7.0
2490 13 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Has anyone done this software update with their shield?  If so how did it go and what effect on djigo app did it have.  I've read where some people do a factory reset after is this advisable?
2017-2-10
Use props
fans681ac1c1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

I did it yesterday. But I don't have my mavic yet... She is on her way from DJI Repair. I hope the DJI Go 4 disconnection problem will disappear with Nougat!
2017-2-11
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waiting for a weather upgrade before we can test the Android 7.0 update on the Nvidia with the Go4 update too.  Did fly indoors for the first time with it tho (a little)

2017-2-11
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I upgraded no factory reset and the shield works flawlessly.  Really impressed with this thing.
2017-2-11
Use props
fans4165cfa7
New

United Kingdom

I upgraded to nougat now every 8 mins or so dji go4 disconnects didnt have this problem with marshmellow may have to rollback .
2017-2-18
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Did you restart your tablet after completing the update?
Did you remove the old DJI go app before installing DJI go 4, I certainly would do this.
I guess within the app(select ME) you are not able to enable developer USB debugging any more?
2017-2-18
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would recommend a full factory reset rather than an upgrade.  
My Nvidia was crashing every 2 or 3 minutes after the upgrade in the week.  I went out today on a fresh reset install, with no other apps installed and the app didn't crash.  I wasn't out very long, but it seemed much better.  I had USB debugging enabled in the tablet settings, I had airplane mode enables, I had screen rotation off.  Still hoping that everything is the same for tomorrows flight.
2017-2-18
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Disconnect issues for me every few minutes with Nougat, K1, and DJI Go 4. Switched to Litchi and all problems vanished. I feel like a broken record for typing that so many times today.
2017-2-19
Use props
GtoJon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5054964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded to Nougat on my Shield & Shield K1 & running Go 4, both crash about 2-3 times per flight.  Never crashed before!  I did a Factory Data Reset & installed no apps ... same thing   Chatted with Nvidia support & they have turned it over a level 2 support.  I also had the same type blank screen crash on my Go app with my Inspire 1.  Doesn't crash as much though.

Cheers, Jon
2017-2-20
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

Bought last week a new K1
First thing i did was the Nougat-Update
.... first flight after 10min first app-crash-screen went black.... App disappeared.....
Very frightened... Was able to restart the App and reconnect in a few seconds...
Think it was not a good idea to sell my goddamn iPad mini2.....
Any ideas to make it work like it should ???
2017-2-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-2-21 00:04
Bought last week a new K1
First thing i did was the Nougat-Update
.... first flight after 10min first app-crash-screen went black.... App disappeared.....

I went back to the 1.5.0 firmware on the K1 2 days ago and my disconnect issues went away.
2017-2-22
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

I just bought lichi.  I have a shield and my goapp now crashes midflight.  What a shame.
2017-2-23
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

same here my screen keeps losing the picture any ideas to resolve this men
2017-4-9
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

There are numerous posts here to NOT upgrade or use 7nougat with the Shield tablet
I downgraded my Shield from 7nougat back to v6.0.1 a while ago and have never had a problem
again with the last and the latest version of GO4
My Advice Do Not Upgrade To 7nougat !!!!!!!!
Fly Safe -- Fly Free
2017-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules