4166 17 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI...what's happening with Mavic Pro goggles?

The oversized version was featured in early promo's for the Mavic Pro.

What gives?

2017-2-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This has been asked many times by many people, but there hasn't been any news since they were originally announced. I saw some speculation about a price once, but I think that's all it was: speculation.

"The oversized version was featured in early promo's for the Mavic Pro."

I don't recall hearing anything about multiple versions. If you find them too large, you should probably look at some of the other VR / FPV solutions that are available, many of which are smaller than what DJI demonstrated. The cheapest solution I know of is probably a combination of Litchi and Google Cardboard, at least assuming you have a suitable smart phone.
2017-2-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-11 05:37
This has been asked many times by many people, but there hasn't been any news since they were originally announced. I saw some speculation about a price once, but I think that's all it was: speculation.

"The oversized version was featured in early promo's for the Mavic Pro."

That's hardly a solution.  That's equivalent to DIY air conditioning:

2017-2-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-11 09:21
That's hardly a solution.  That's equivalent to DIY air conditioning:

[view_image]

I said it was cheap; I didn't say it was good . . . but since you brought it up, do you have a link to the instructions for that DIY air conditioning solution? Because that looks like one sweet ride.
2017-2-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-11 09:27
I said it was cheap; I didn't say it was good . . . but since you brought it up, do you have a link to the instructions for that DIY air conditioning solution? Because that looks like one sweet ride.

Saw that on Leno years ago.  

Try redneckrepairs.com for all your needs!  hehe  
2017-2-11
Use props
Traviance
lvl.1

United Kingdom

the crazy thing for me with this question which comes up over and over and yet no one at DJI comments on is the fact that they are advertised on their own website under the Mavic Selling point and the Trailer for the mavic but yet its made out as if you have come up with a insane idea when you mention them. just baffling that this company really don't know what the left hand is doing from the right.
2017-2-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Traviance Posted at 2017-2-11 12:14
the crazy thing for me with this question which comes up over and over and yet no one at DJI comments on is the fact that they are advertised on their own website under the Mavic Selling point and the Trailer for the mavic but yet its made out as if you have come up with a insane idea when you mention them. just baffling that this company really don't know what the left hand is doing from the right.

Their silence on it makes me think that they still have plans for the goggles, especially since companies don't like to spend a lot of money developing a product and then just walk away. And the fact that they aren't talking about it doesn't necessarily mean that the employees don't know what the company has planned: it could be that they know but aren't allowed to say.
2017-2-11
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Either it was advertising propaganda to increase sales of Mavic or they have hit a snag.
Can you imagine the demand for goggles designed for Mavic use?
Maybe next model release will see them ready to ship with the mavic, much like the CrystalSky you can only get by spending big on P4P+.

But stuff this waiting, im looking elswhere rather than waiting for these mirage goggles. Always over the next horizon.
2017-2-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well....imangine for a minute if DJI announced taking orders for the goggles....you know this forum will explode with I ordered it on such and such a date and haven't received it etc etc....be patient.
2017-2-11
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Its not about being patient.
The goggles where shown off apparently with the Mavic but now have zero specs or info available.
Some of us wish to know if they are actually going to manufacture them and what sort of timeframe are we looking at.
Otherwise everyone should forget about these things and support designers that are already on the market instead of waiting for something that might not even exist.
2017-2-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

In the US, is it even legal to fly with goggles with a drone of this size/weight? You can't really keep the drone in line of sight if you are wearing goggles, right?
2017-2-12
Use props
Traviance
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The official ruling on the goggles is that you are fine to wear goggles and other types of first person viewing apparatus as long as you have a spotter. someone who is able to see the drone while you are in control this allows you to maintain control with someone pointing out any dangers which may be coming ahead with out the switching of screens or equipment.

as far as i am aware thats been the ruling on these kind of things since they came out and the FAA regulations came in effect. in the UK it is the same apart from not being so heavily guarded.
2017-2-13
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

You can just buy a set of these right now (if you are feeling flush) Epson Moverio BT-300
2017-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Traviance Posted at 2017-2-13 00:26
The official ruling on the goggles is that you are fine to wear goggles and other types of first person viewing apparatus as long as you have a spotter. someone who is able to see the drone while you are in control this allows you to maintain control with someone pointing out any dangers which may be coming ahead with out the switching of screens or equipment.

as far as i am aware thats been the ruling on these kind of things since they came out and the FAA regulations came in effect. in the UK it is the same apart from not being so heavily guarded.

Thanks, I guess it's now unclear to me if the guidelines are suggested or required. Clearly they're a Good Idea ™, regardess. ;)
2017-2-13
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Jimney Posted at 2017-2-13 07:28
You can just buy a set of these right now (if you are feeling flush) Epson Moverio BT-300

I dont think these would be suited to FPV racing with the tiny and ambient lit viewing area.
Fugly looking things as well.
2017-2-13
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be soon LMAO
2017-2-13
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

Yes very soon...any time now
2017-3-24
Use props
fans7c6962c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212559 ft
Australia

daivatam Posted at 2017-3-24 15:59
Yes very soon...any time now

Naaah.....not when you get a reply like this...

"Dear Customer,
Thanks for your interest in DJI.
We currently have no information on that.
Please always follow DJI website to get the latest information:
http://www.dji.com/

​Thanks.
Best regards.
DJI Sales dept.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules