Phantom 4 Pro Plus Live Feed Choppy/Lags/Glitches When Flying
5637 21 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans522fd540
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4806 ft
Malaysia

Hello, would like to know if anyone is facing this issue. I just bought the Phantom 4 Pro Plus with the built in screen and have set my frequency to auto, 5.8ghz and 2.4ghz while flying but the live feed frequently lags/glitches while flying which makes it quite difficult to fly. The lag/glitch does not affect the original footage (SD Card footage), only happens during the live feed. I've updated to the latest firmware for both the RC and the aircraft. Here are some of the examples of glitches/lag.

1: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 4-a1f5-939e99fef55b

2: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... c-9a89-47cef9706e98

3: https://www.skypixel.com/videos/glitch-3

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2017-2-11
Use props
lienbacher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1068337 ft
Austria

switch to 1080 instead of 4K and your problem will be gone. Hopefully going to be fixed with the next update ...
2017-2-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Keep it on 2.4ghz
2017-2-11
Use props
BruceR
New
United States

Was this issue resolved? I just purchased a 4 pro+ and experiensing the same lag/glitch/choppy live feed.
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch to 2.4ghz and keep it in VLOS - the next FW u/d will sort it.
2017-10-15
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 14:26
Switch to 2.4ghz and keep it in VLOS - the next FW u/d will sort it.

"the next FW u/d will sort it."

How can you tell?

The beta's seem to concentrate around Gimbal and the unstable hover/flight and not the very reduced range introduced with .602, not the range issues of Videofeed/control.

btw. in my case 2.4 is total unusable even in the middle of nowhere, so no risk of getting out of sight keeping it there.
2017-10-16
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 12:01
"the next FW u/d will sort it."

How can you tell?

"2.4 is totally useless even in the middle of nowhere" heavily implies you need go send your drone back for a diagnostic assessment and repair/replacement. Agreed, I doubt any FW update will sort that.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

ACW Posted at 2017-10-16 12:21
"2.4 is totally useless even in the middle of nowhere" heavily implies you need go send your drone back for a diagnostic assessment and repair/replacement. Agreed, I doubt any FW update will sort that.

Well as it was introduced with the 01.04.0602 back in June i expect it can be fixed with a fixed FW again. You didn't notice a lot of users got this issue and even DJI sup suggest changing to 5.8GHz?
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

ACW Posted at 2017-10-16 12:21

You did not answer how you can tell the Videofeed dropout wil be fixed in next release.
2017-10-16
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 12:35
You did not answer how you can tell the Videofeed dropout wil be fixed in next release.

It was an educated guess - given the need for DJI to rectify the issues asap - they normally do.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

ACW Posted at 2017-10-16 12:39
It was an educated guess - given the need for DJI to rectify the issues asap - they normally do.

Thanks, was hoping you had some inside knowledge. :-)

"DJI to rectify the issues asap - they normally do."
I am afraid those times are over, 4 months since the fatal release and it could have been solved in no time by providing a downgrade as the release notes claimed could be done.
Cite: "If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2."
2017-10-16
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 12:50

No, no inside knowledge - I'm just a customer.
2017-10-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 12:50

'"DJI to rectify the issues asap - they normally do."
I am afraid those times are over, 4 months since the fatal release and it could have been solved in no time by providing a downgrade as the release notes claimed could be done.
Cite: "If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2."

A downgrade was never going to happen. If you followed all the discussion at the time, DJI brought out the recent update in order to plug some loopholes in the code that allowed hackers to get a foothold. The older firmware had those loopholes, so they will not allow a downgrade to the previous version - ever.
2017-10-16
Use props
BruceR
New
United States

should I have not purchased this drone or should I return it? Never had any issues with P3. Hard to justify the $2K+ expense. This issue should have been taking care of by now.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

BruceR Posted at 2017-10-16 16:52
should I have not purchased this drone or should I return it? Never had any issues with P3. Hard to justify the $2K+ expense. This issue should have been taking care of by now.

I believe that it is all up to you. the camera is of good quality but as DJI has turned the flying platform to one big PoS what is it good for then.
I also wonder if i should return mine while time is ass it in no way hold the specification i bought it for. according the Danish (europe?) rules DJI would have a few attempts to fix/repair/replace the equipment and if it fails the deal can be canceled.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-16 14:24
'"DJI to rectify the issues asap - they normally do."

"A downgrade was never going to happen. If you followed all the discussion at the time"

I was not, wasent even aware of this forum and shouldn't need to be, i have bought a product that dosen't hold the promised specifications or adverticement. If they knew from the start that it could not be downgraded they even made a regular lie to their customers.

"DJI brought out the recent update in order to plug some loopholes in the code that allowed hackers to get a foothold."

That was a stupid choise only affecting regular users, without going into details i can tell that even on the .0602 there is ways to bypass the limits DJI claim to have plugged.

"older firmware had those loopholes, so they will not allow a downgrade to the previous version"

The new one has holes too, all DJI get is that the hackers only would work harder to get use of the holes and with all the issues that has followed is making regular users jump to the use of this hacked versions and the tools that make use of the holes discovered. so where they could just have the right authorities hunting down the ones that didn't follow local rules for flying they have spoiled the regular use for a lot of customers and are now pushing them in the arm of the hackers in an atempt to get the things to work again.

2017-10-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 20:25
"A downgrade was never going to happen. If you followed all the discussion at the time"

I was not, wasent even aware of this forum and shouldn't need to be, i have bought a product that dosen't hold the promised specifications or adverticement. If they knew from the start that it could not be downgraded they even made a regular lie to their customers.

Don't shoot me, I am only the messenger. DJI made that decision, not me. Yes, it still said in the notes that you could downgrade, so what? DJI have often left bits in the manuals that no longer apply.

As for hackers getting into the new code, I frankly don't believe it. Just because some twit on the internet says it has been done does not make it so. And anyone trying to use hacked versions is a fool.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-16 20:31
Don't shoot me, I am only the messenger. DJI made that decision, not me. Yes, it still said in the notes that you could downgrade, so what? DJI have often left bits in the manuals that no longer apply.

As for hackers getting into the new code, I frankly don't believe it. Just because some twit on the internet says it has been done does not make it so. And anyone trying to use hacked versions is a fool.

"Just because some twit on the internet says it has been done does not make it so."
That is right but using the time being unable to use the thing for what i bought it for i have tested out a few things on my own, therefore i know .0602 was not a real plug.

"And anyone trying to use hacked versions is a fool."
Thanks, or just someone trying to get the promised value for their money.
2017-10-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 20:39
"Just because some twit on the internet says it has been done does not make it so."
That is right but using the time being unable to use the thing for what i bought it for i have tested out a few things on my own, therefore i know .0602 was not a real plug.

Look, I dont give a rats what you do, but if you think any hacker has solved any of the issues at present, then go for it, you are taking a huge risk.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-16 21:33
Look, I dont give a rats what you do, but if you think any hacker has solved any of the issues at present, then go for it, you are taking a huge risk.

"if you think any hacker has solved any of the issues at present"
I don't where do i say that, i just say that the reason for DJI to not offer the downgrade does not hold, there is still easy ways to get higher than DJI want and to do it within NFZ inclusive the DJI invented ones.
2017-10-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-16 21:44
"if you think any hacker has solved any of the issues at present"
I don't where do i say that, i just say that the reason for DJI to not offer the downgrade does not hold, there is still easy ways to get higher than DJI want and to do it within NFZ inclusive the DJI invented ones.

You just don't get it. DJI can do whatever they like with the code, and they can give whatever reason they like as well. And there is nothing that a lot of mouth-flapping on here can or will do to influence that. And that's all I have to say on the matter. If you want further discussion, take it up with DJI, I am out of here.
2017-10-16
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-16 21:58
You just don't get it. DJI can do whatever they like with the code, and they can give whatever reason they like as well. And there is nothing that a lot of mouth-flapping on here can or will do to influence that. And that's all I have to say on the matter. If you want further discussion, take it up with DJI, I am out of here.

"DJI can do whatever they like with the code, and they can give whatever reason they like as well"
And what does that has to do with anything you stated above?
Point is that they only hit regular users when they push out a buggy FW in order to stop a few that can't resist doing stupid things. And when they even lie to their customers in order to have them "Try" this "Greatly improved" FW, they are just to far out.

"If you want further discussion, take it up with DJI"
I am not trying to discuss anything, all i really want is to have the stable P4P back and able to fly further than the aprox 300 meter DJI has limited it to, as i can easely follow it way longer than that. Just want to be able to again do some nice movies from above.

"I am out of here"
farewell, thank you for your opinion.

2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules