Does DJI keep track of S/N on Orders?
1238 2 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatguyx
lvl.1

United States

I'm posting this to hopefully get some help from the mods on this forum.

When DJI ships out a drone, do they note the serial number of the drone to the order?  

I purchased DJI Care Refresh with my Mavic Pro back in October.  I had to send it in recently for repairs.  However, the repair center says that I am not eligible for a Refresh, because the drone I sent in doesn't match my Agreement Number's S/N.  I did not register the drone myself, I was told that it was registered when my Mavic Pro shipped.  I had to follow up with djicare@dji.com to even get my Agreement Number a few days after I received my drone.  I have a Zen Desk ticket which shows I was requesting my Agreement number with the drone S/N that was in my possession.

All I want is for them to correct their mistake and to get my Mavic back already.  It's been sitting in the Carson, CA repair center for a week.  I have talked to 4 tech support reps and a supervisor, only to find out a week later that the issue is the above.  I spoke with (supervisor) Oscar who said he'll see what they can do at the repair center and I've emailed djicare@dji.com for further help.

TLDR:
Purchased DJI Care Refresh with Mavic Pro.  Requested Agreement Number.  Agreement number was bound to the wrong Serial/Number.  Cannot use DJI Care Refresh.  Does DJI keep track of the serial numbers they send out?  I need them to realize they made a mistake and that my Mavic in the repair center is indeed the Mavic that should be under DJI Care Refresh.
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, please tell me your ticket number since you've sent an e-mail to djicare@dji.com, I'll check the case with our DJI Care team to see anything we can do for you as soon as possible.
2017-2-12
Use props
thatguyx
lvl.1

United States

Hi Natalia.  I've reached out to djicare@dji.com and they explained to me that the S/N registered in the Refresh agreement is the S/N on my main Control board and that is associated with the body's S/N and that all should be correct.  Zendesk #426248.  I am going to follow up with DJI support in California in a bit.  I gotta say this information should be known to the support/repair team and I'm not happy with the down time without my Mavic and the time i had to spend explaining the situation to several reps because of something that "appears" to be in order.  
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules