Map query
744 5 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

Downloaded the new app...............  all fine but no maps or anything showing homepoint/line of travel/icon............... completely blank.  Slightly alarmed me as I use the icon to turn the drone round in the right direction when  I want to head my way. Don't runderstand how the maps work.     Anyway, connected onto internet at home and opened the DJI-go app and maps appeared. When I switched back to the drone WiFi connection, a small area of map stayed on the  app/tablet but it was so small that I'd have to "reload" it whenever I went a short distance away.  I must be doing something wrong here?   Can I download a large area so be kept on the app/tablet for future use?  Once a map is "downloaded" on to the tablet, does it stay there indefinitely until an app update?   Many thanks

2017-2-11
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

you need to have a mobile connection active when you fly or else you can cache maps on your home wifi.an the app get maps from the net
2017-2-11
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

When on your home wifi you need to cache the areas you want to fly, you must zoom out and in the area needed. Anything off the screen, in your view is not being cached and you need to scroll around. As for it staying there? It might or might not once you power off your tablet.
2017-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

See my response here, for a more complete direction. ;-)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84551-1-1.html

As well, the forum search function, can also be a good option, when questions arise. Ha
See the small magnifying glass at top right, left of the notification Bell

RedHotPoker

2017-2-11
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-11 14:15
See my response here, for a more complete direction. ;-)

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84551-1-1.html

That's great and many thanks.................... all working fine now and I should have used the search option!!
2017-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

GeoffN Posted at 2017-2-11 14:55
That's great and many thanks.................... all working fine now and I should have used the search option!!

Your very welcome GeoffN. That's good stuff.
Happy that you have the map cache routine in the memory banks now.

We love to point out the search function, which is  particularly useful, during those quiet moments on the forum when few people are around. But in this case, you might have simply scrolled down the page,  looking for Map in a thread title. ;-)

Enjoy the drone, and your time well spent, while on the forum. Have fun.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules