Flying the Mavic Pro in the Dominican Republic.
1843 6 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iFlyKid
lvl.2
United States

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the whole drone community and I purchased a Mavic Pro and i'm going to travel to the Dominican Republic on Thursday and would like to know if the Mavic Pro is fairly capable of flying using satellite GPS in a foreign country. Also would I need to package the battery in a certain way to be cleared out of TSA and back to the USA from the foreign country? Another thing is would I need to worry the type of charging connection and the watt input received from those outlets since I don't think they're not American standards?

Regards.
2017-2-11
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

would like to know if the Mavic Pro is fairly capable of flying using satellite GPS in a foreign country

Yes, GPS (and GLONASS) coverage is worldwide.

would I need to package the battery in a certain way to be cleared out of TSA and back to the USA

You should check the web site of the airline you're using, but you'll probably be fine as long as you bring them in your carry-on (not checked) baggage. Some people like to put electrical tape over the terminals and keep them in a fire- and explosion-proof LiPo battery bag, which certainly can't hurt anything.

would I need to worry the type of charging connection and the watt input received from those [Dominican Republic] outlets

I just googled it and it looks like they use 110V / 60hz, so no, you don't need an adapter.
2017-2-11
Use props
iFlyKid
lvl.2
United States

Thanks man! I appreciate the quick response!
2017-2-11
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

No problem; have a good trip. And make sure to follow their drone laws while you're there.
2017-2-11
Use props
swanzyland
New

United States

Does anyone know if you have to register your drone in the dominican republic? If so what is the process and link to do this?
2017-3-3
Use props
iFlyKid
lvl.2
United States

swanzyland Posted at 2017-3-3 09:42
Does anyone know if you have to register your drone in the dominican republic? If so what is the process and link to do this?

You don't. Just make sure you have precaution when flying it in the Class D airspace. There's no real enforcement in the country. Just have common sense.
2017-3-10
Use props
djiuser_uSlxDSnnxrhj
New

United States

swanzyland Posted at 2017-3-3 09:42

You need to register a drone in DR if it weight
more than 4.5 pounds.
2021-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules