Yellow and lichter centre in photos
884 4 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niwesa
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

When I'm making photos with my Mavic each photo looks a little bit yellow and lighter in the centre of that photo.

I can't find any setting to change this, sometimes I see hte exposere icon in the middle of my screen.

I'am doing something wrong or do I have to send the Mavic for repair?

DJI_0166.jpg
2017-2-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Nope, EVERYONE'S Mavic does this.  It is more pronounced shooting snow and when it is cold.  I didn't notice this for a month until I shot with snow on the ground (bright white background).  When this little sensor gets WARM, it does this just like ALL of these little Sony sensors do once hot.  I'd wait to see how it shoots on a normal, sunny day that is above freezing temps.

It's the same with all the Sony-sensored security cameras, as well.  Even the high-def models.

*Some do this worse than others.  My first Mavic did this so bad, that all the parts outside of the circle were blurry also.
2017-2-11
Use props
DroneSupplies
lvl.1

Australia

That is not very promising. Does DJI take any ownership on this?
2017-2-11
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
Canada

I had same issue today, did not notice yellow at the beginning, now getting worse
2017-2-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Richard Mavic p Posted at 2017-2-11 20:56
I had same issue today, did not notice yellow at the beginning, now getting worse

It's not that big of a deal unless you're planning on shooting exclusively in snow.  You don't see it shooting on a partly sunny or sunny day.  REMEMBER that the lower operating temp is 32F, so below that runs the risk of long term damage.
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules