Dead Controller Stick
1197 3 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kdarnell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13094 ft
United States

The right stick on my RC has stopped responding.  Oddly enough, I can get it to respond periodically, but not consistently.  The RC gives me a stick error, and when I try to calibrate it, the right stick doesn't respond at all.  I have upgraded and downgraded the firmware on both the RC and the aircraft twice, I have, of course, restarted everything multiple times, and I have re-calibrated the IMU.  The problem just began this morning when I turned it on.  I had just just flown it yesterday.

Since it stopped working, I have been able to get it to work twice.  The first time, it worked while in flight for about one minute and then both sticks stopped responding completely.  I just landed it with auto-land.  The second time, it actually seemed like everything was working after I downgraded the aircraft firmware, but I soon noticed that the Mavic was responding very sluggishly when going forward, but very aggressively when going backwards or to the side...all inputs from the right stick.  I landed it and restarted everything, and the error messages returned and the right stick no longer responded at all to the calibration.

I've only seen a couple of posts from people who have had this problem.  Has anyone else had the problem and been able to solve it?  I'm assuming I'll just need to get a replacement controller.

2017-2-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Best bet, dowload your flight log to healthydrones.com, Would also help to see which version or Ac and AP you are running.
2017-2-11
Use props
keithd12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13094 ft
United States

Not much to see, I don't think:

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=QVvYon
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kdarnell, if still the same case after you tried basic troubleshooting, then the best course of action would be to send it in.
You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Our engineers will help you handle it.
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules