Mavic pro disconnection
3905 29 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi is anyone experiencing the same as me! Wen I connect my iPhone by the normal proper ways to the controller after a few mins it come up with DISCONNECTED
2017-2-12
Use props
Rodnei
New
Ireland

Yes... I have the same situation here.. But I am using Sony Xperia Z1 (Android Lollipop)..

You can find more people with the same issue here..
2017-2-12
Use props
mrvenom
New

United States

Same issue with android
2017-2-12
Use props
Helvetika
New

United States

Experiencing the same issue on iPhone and Andriod.
My Mavic Pro has yet to fly as a result.
2017-2-12
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, I have a Motorola Moto Z (Android), crashes ALL the time, both in flight, while looking at video's and photo's (not even connected to the RC).  I've removed the APP and re-installed it about a dozen times, stopped all other apps, etc. but still crashes....HOWEVER, my phone is NOT even listed in the approved devices.  Maybe someday but I'm in the market for an iPad mini 4.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You connect the iPhone to the bottom port or left side one?
How about the firmware version for your aircraft?
Please try to change different cables.
2017-2-13
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219623 ft
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-13 00:14
You connect the iPhone to the bottom port or left side one?
How about the firmware version for your aircraft?
Please try to change different cables.

Hello Natalia,

I´ve noticed it happened with my Mavic (video signal lost during flight) after the last firmware update (both on the drone and the RC). Is it possible to correct the issue by downgrading to a previous firmware  version? Is there any other way to fix it?
Thanks for the attention.
Flavio.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Flavio_SP Posted at 2017-2-13 11:52
Hello Natalia,

I´ve noticed it happened with my Mavic (video signal lost during flight) after the last firmware update (both on the drone and the RC). Is it possible to correct the issue by downgrading to a previous firmware  version? Is there any other way to fix it?

What is the distance and height it reaches when signal lost?
You've adjusted the antennas to the optimal range during flight and tried different locations?
Please try to re-link RC and AC then check again.
Or you can have a try to downgrade it through Assistant 2.
2017-2-14
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 00:45
What is the distance and height it reaches when signal lost?
You've adjusted the antennas to the optimal range during flight and tried different locations?
Please try to re-link RC and AC then check again.

Hello Natalia,
The drone reached about 200 m far from the RC and 35m height, so I undestand it´s pretty close to a video signal failure. I verified that DJI has just released a new firmware update. Will it correct the video signal loss issue or the downgrade is still a better option?

Thank you for the attention.
Flavio.
2017-2-14
Use props
Cborca
lvl.1

United States

Having the same problem. I don't understand the suggestions that people use a different port, or even different cables. Talking about a thousand dollar machine, shouldn't I be able to use the components provided? With all the complaints I'm seeing this has to be a coding/programming issue. Quit trying to pass the buck DJI! This is my first "real" drone and I'm starting to regret going DJI.
2017-2-14
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cborca Posted at 2017-2-14 12:08
Having the same problem. I don't understand the suggestions that people use a different port, or even different cables. Talking about a thousand dollar machine, shouldn't I be able to use the components provided? With all the complaints I'm seeing this has to be a coding/programming issue. Quit trying to pass the buck DJI! This is my first "real" drone and I'm starting to regret going DJI.

Same as for me!
I lost connection to the drone when it was just 2 metres away today.....and that was after installing the lastest firmware today!
I think the bugs are in the firmware updates, and if this is the case that is a joke......I was under the impression that DJI fully tested their  drones and firmware before shipping out and releasing updates considering the what their customers have paid....it just seems to be one problem after another and it sure wasn't marketed that way in the pre sales hype,
2017-2-14
Use props
fans6bb3c19d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555801 ft
United States

Just updated 2 hours ago, flew for about 3 minute's and then the mavic disconnected. I tried to reconnect like I have in the past but that was just when the app crashed. This time it's disconnecting, only way to reconnect is remove battery, disconnect, and restart everything. I will not fly until this is resolved.  DJI, this is unacceptable.
2017-2-14
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

So I guess if my mavic ever finally comes I won't be updating the firmware
2017-2-14
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Had the same issue. Mavic would randomly and completely disconnect from RC. Tried relinking, different devices (iPhone 7+, iPad mini 2), restarting devices in different orders, and downgrading/upgrading firmware (not including the update from 2/14/17). Nothing worked.

Luckily, RTH saved the drone, but it killed my confidence for all flying.

Read on another forum that it may be the "core board.". That guy's was replaced and his problems went away.  

Just sent my Mavic in to DJI for an assessment. Praying they find/fix the issue. Should be at no cost thanks to DJI Care Refresh...will keep you all posted.
2017-2-14
Use props
CTKgolfboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 555801 ft
United States

Loganx1121 Posted at 2017-2-14 14:22
So I guess if my mavic ever finally comes I won't be updating the firmware

I could be wrong but I don't think you can fly with outdated firmware. Sorry mate. Join the club of thousand dollar paperweights.
2017-2-14
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Read my post at:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-85071-1-1.html
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Flavio_SP Posted at 2017-2-14 08:28
Hello Natalia,
The drone reached about 200 m far from the RC and 35m height, so I undestand it´s pretty close to a video signal failure. I verified that DJI has just released a new firmware update. Will it correct the video signal loss issue or the downgrade is still a better option?

Yes, we released a new firmware yesterday, please upgrade it to the latest and check the performance again.
Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks.
2017-2-14
Use props
Flavio_SP
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 23:34
Yes, we released a new firmware yesterday, please upgrade it to the latest and check the performance again.
Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks.

Well, I´ll test with the new firmware in the next days and keep you all posted about the results.
Natalia, is there any hardware failure already known by DJI related to this "video signal loss" issue?

Thanks for the attention,
Flavio.
2017-2-15
Use props
Pyramid
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi Natalie, I too am having issues with range. I can achieve no more than 300m, I have tried iPhone, Galaxy s7, and ipad mini (latest model) different cables. The firmware is the latest, I have reinstalled the go app. Is there any help you can offer me? I have only had the Mavic 3 days. Thank you.
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Flavio_SP Posted at 2017-2-15 09:06
Well, I´ll test with the new firmware in the next days and keep you all posted about the results.
Natalia, is there any hardware failure already known by DJI related to this "video signal loss" issue?

How about the performance with the latest firmware installed?
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Pyramid Posted at 2017-2-16 05:54
Hi Natalie, I too am having issues with range. I can achieve no more than 300m, I have tried iPhone, Galaxy s7, and ipad mini (latest model) different cables. The firmware is the latest, I have reinstalled the go app. Is there any help you can offer me? I have only had the Mavic 3 days. Thank you.

How about the height it can reach?
You always adjust the antennas to the optimal range, right?
Please try other open locations to have a try, also you can re-link aircraft and remote.
2017-2-19
Use props
Cborca
lvl.1

United States

Reinstalled the firmware through the bottom USB on the controller. As long as I run my android through the bottom USB port it works fine. The side USB port either bugged or the software that runs it is bugged! Sh
2017-2-20
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I am still having connection issues between the RC and the AC even when I have just switched them  both on, it seems very hit and miss....sometimes it connects most of the time it does not, when it does eventually connect it looses it again within a short time and distance sometimes when i'm only feet away!
I have updated both the RC and the AC to the latest firmware and DJI GO 4,
Why are DJI releasing firmware updates that are causing problems like this?
I am now going to downgrade the firmware to see if it solves it. :-(  
2017-2-25
Use props
WUD1Ni7pEFGO
New
United States

I have the same issue.  I noticed that My phone LGV10 is not on the list of supported phones, although I seem to experience the same disconnection issues that people with supported phones are having.
2017-4-18
Use props
fans17c98ab7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Never has this issue before, just updated to the latest firmware and go4 app.
I use an iPad air2 and it disconnects after a few seconds. Tried everything and it's just the same

This issue needs fixing guickly
2017-4-19
Use props
fans17c98ab7
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tried reinstalling and everything I can but the disconnects happen every time.
Also tried the dji gs pro app which I use for mapping at its the same
Anyone have any ideas?
2017-4-19
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

Cborca Posted at 2017-2-14 12:08

Welcome to the club... This is actually my 3rd DJI drone - the Mavic doesn't live up to the quality of the previous models in my experience...  

I've been without my Mavic while it sits in repair limbo for about a month now - no end in sight...  Support has been terrible - friendly, but terrible and worthless...  

Lots of passing the buck - seems to be their new default... Sigh... When you get down to it, we don't have any options and are at their mercy - and they know it... They have our money - they win...
2017-4-19
Use props
Nalith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295043 ft
South Africa

I'm running the latest firmware version and had exactly the same probmem. My drone was less than 200m away from me, in perfect line of sight (Returning from a 400+m flight when it suddenly lost video. Tried force closing the DJI app, but no luck. Had to eventually fly it back with LOS.
2017-4-27
Use props
Nalith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295043 ft
South Africa

Something interesting that I did notice, the controller screen was going blank almost like it was restarting when this was happening.
2017-4-27
Use props
benji89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411109 ft
France

I've got the same issue. Any solution here ?
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules