5648 5 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
krisg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17310 ft
Belgium

Hi all,

Have a few questions about unlocking area's.
Yesterday I was on a local airport we had rented for a drone course .
there was no wifi . so I thought I unlocked the area (yellow ) before . My bird would not take off once it had learned where it was .
So something was not working or I don't understand maybe .

So . In the advanced unlocking I have to provide a serial number .
Is it the serial of the RC or of the phantom itself as the program doesn't do any control on it .
And then ... if the unlock is active . Do I need to do something else ? Download it ?
How ?
How does my bird know it can fly there ? that I unlocked it ?

If I go to flysafe I see that there are countries that people here have talked about like cyprus and norway that are full of restricted zones .
But ... on my card they are without any geofencing .
I want to take my bird on a holliday this summer to norway .
does that mean that the no fly zones do not apply for me or does this mean I cannot fly at all  ?

thanks for helping

2017-2-12
Use props
Happy Retiree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728478 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that you went to all the trouble to rent a nice flying location and then couldn't fly.

I think that your Phantom will know, via GPS, when it is in a restricted zone in another country.

As for your other questions, sorry, I have no idea. I've never seen those screens for unlocking the bird in a location where the Phantom thinks flying is prohibited. Recently, I was traveling and went outside to fly my P4P, and DJI Go 4 told me the area was restricted. I could have overridden the warning by checking boxes in the app that said I had permission to fly there, and that I took full responsibility. I decided to fly somewhere else. The location was only a mile from an Air Force base, and I had been intending to stay below 100 feet, but didn't want to check those boxes.

In your case, it sounds like it's a No Fly zone rather than a Restricted Zone.

I don't know if you would have been able to take off in A mode rather than in P mode.

Sorry to be of so little help.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Here is the information for NFZ, please refer to it: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/no-fly
For other questions, please send an e-mail to flysafe@dji.com, our support will help you handle it.
2017-2-13
Use props
krisg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17310 ft
Belgium

Still no answer from flyzone . This saturday I have a new course-day , How should I download the unlock info to the bird ? (if at all).
I have seen the information and indeed it says that it should be the serial of the drone ; not from the RC .
Although someone would expect a check on the number if its not the right one ... but then ...it says download it but I don't have the option on my rc
2017-2-16
Use props
fansd7b824cd
New
United States

Controller SN
2018-4-15
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144383 ft
United States

I have similar question.  So after entering SN of remote and successfully unlocking the zone from the Flysafe web site, how do I unlock the zone to my remote?  I noticed that in DJI GO app, under me, more, , My Unlock NFZ application, the area that I've unlocked is there.  Is that all there is to do?  The dji video for Phantom 4's shows the user having to go under general settings and select the unlock list slider to unlock the zone to the remote.  This is what I don't have within my DJI App.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules