Mavic forward speed
1947 10 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there can anyone help me! When I go to fly my mavic it is really slow going forward butt when you pull back it's really fast.and when I put it in sports mode it's great. It only just happened don't no what I have done.... butt it's really really slow So please HELP!
2017-2-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

By any chance were you flying into the wind? That's the most likely explanation.
2017-2-12
Use props
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yer but very little wind but when I pul back in reverse it's really fast just like sports mode .. butt wen I put in sports mode everything's fine forward speed is fast
2017-2-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

MR CEATS Posted at 2017-2-12 08:25
Yer but very little wind but when I pul back in reverse it's really fast just like sports mode .. butt wen I put in sports mode everything's fine forward speed is fast

At what altitude was the Mavic? Winds are often significantly stronger at higher altitudes; even 15m / 50' of additional (or lesser) altitude can make a significant difference.

And yes, that's mostly what sport mode does: increases the speed and responsiveness, so wind resistance becomes less noticeable.
2017-2-12
Use props
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi it's like as soon as you take off say 2mtrs high or higher it's really slow
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MR CEATS Posted at 2017-2-12 08:56
Hi it's like as soon as you take off say 2mtrs high or higher it's really slow

Try to calibrate the controller's stick and try again and let us know.
2017-2-12
Use props
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi it's still the same
2017-2-12
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue BUT when I first take off, it is slow when I go forward until I gain altitude then it goes to normal.  Also, check to see if you removed those plastic protectors on the forward vision sensors.  If you are flight directly into sunlight, that will affect is as well.  Hope this all helps.
If it continues, contact DJI customer support.  It will suck, but hopefully they can fix or replace it.
2017-2-12
Use props
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cheers nice one just hope it works I just waiting till the weather dies down.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Your front optical avoidance is probably picking up something within 50 feet. Turn off the front optical avoidance to see if the speed front and back are about the same. You are doing the same by turning off the OA by going into sport mode, but things can get out of hand quickly because of the greatly increased speed.

If this works and there isn't something that it may be trying to avoid within 50 feet, you may still have the clear stickers over the sensors, or you may need to use DJi assistant to recalibrate.

Check out mavic pilots.com. There is much documented on this subject.
2017-2-12
Use props
MR CEATS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there thanks for your comment, I have removed them little clear stickers soon as I got it mate ... I'll just have to do a factory reset of the assistant and see if that helps cheers
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules