Poor Connection on Simulator - JPFW
651 8 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

On Saturday it was just way too hot to go outside so I decided to try a few things to prepare for a flight on Sunday AM. Set things up inside with the Air Con on and did some practice flights with the simulator in the DJI GO app. At first things seemed to be going quite normally and looked like I would expect when outside. Then before I took off I started to get poor connection errors.  The drone, the controller and the phone were all within a metre of each other. The connection resotored and then stopped again. Shut everything down and rebooted. This time it let me take off then lost connection. Went through this a few times. Sometimes I could fly the simulation for about 5 - 6 mins before it would lose connection and other times it was would not even allow a take off. Surely it cannot be losing RF connection when so close to each other. If it were a "simulated" loss of signal then it should come in when the drone was simulated to be a long way away, not on the launch pad.
The next morning I did the planned flights without a hitch. One flight for video and a second for stills.

Equipment is a P3S with latest F/W update and iPhone 6S with latest DJI GO App.
2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wow, that's very realistic then. Just like a regular flight, eh? Hahahaha

Only Kidding of course. ;-)

The onboard flight SIMulator is very basic, even though, it can be quite useful for all new drone pilots.
Inclement weather can be a near disaster for us, when eager to fly. But there is an obvious answer.

For a good time, call www.realflight.com and ask for X Rated version. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-12 13:20
Wow, that's very realistic then. Just like a regular flight, eh? Hahahaha

That Real Flight is no good.

Firstly it reqires quite a few of the Yankee Dollars.

Secondly it is not written to run on a real computer.
2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-12 14:00

Yankee dollars? Or the equivalent, yes. What doesn't cost money? You gotta pay to play. Hahahaha

Not sure about "real" computers, yes X needs plenty of processing power and some memory too.
Ah, but Drone version and older 6.5 play fine on mine... Love it.

Not good if you have an older 'puter for sure. Might need a newer unit. Too bad. Pity...

Drone version is cool though. They even gave us an extra handful of new drones to fly too.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-12 14:06
Yankee dollars? Or the equivalent, yes. What doesn't cost money? You gotta pay to play. Hahahaha

Not sure about "real" computers, yes X needs plenty of processing power and some memory too.

I take it you use a WinDoze machine then?
2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-12 14:13
I take it you use a WinDoze machine then?

Oh, now I get your dilemma. You have a Big Mac attack. Haha

Yeah, no them bugger, burger devices don't. . .

Running an hp Phoenix Envy tower here. Sorry about that, not a mind reader, my bad.
I need to refresh my Kreskin course lessons. ;-)

I wonder why these flight programs are windows pc specific?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

A lot of the world just loves Bill.
2017-2-12
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-12 14:00

You must be speaking of days gone by when Apple used the Motorola 68000 processor:-

" the 68000 became the dominant CPU for Unix-based workstations including Sun workstations and Apollo/Domain workstations, and also was used for mass-market computers such as the Apple Lisa, Macintosh, Amiga, and Atari ST. "

I had an Amiga that used to run an excellent emulation of the Mac OS at that time. As time moved on Apple found that they were being left well behind in terms of the 'real computer' performance of the Intel chips. And had to recode their OS to accommodate the Intel family that they all now run on (since 2006 ?).
2017-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-2-12 14:30
A lot of the world just loves Bill.

Yes, Billy Preston was a showman. ;-)
Or you may also mean Billy Graham, the evangelist. Haha

Oh I get it, you meant Bill, Billionaire... Gates. The number uno, world disease worker

RedHotPoker
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules