What is going on with my Gimbal?
775 5 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
swig
New

United States

So on my last flight I noticed something weird going on with my gimbal, where when I would turn the gimble would tilt the camera at an angle and slowly fall into the correct horizon line. This was a little weird so I brought it down and recalibrated the gimbal and set it back to default settings and still had the same result.
Decided to take some video today to showcase what was going on so I started by IMU calibrating, compass calibrating, and gimbal calibrating, but the gimbal calibration got hung at 73%. Reset the drone and the app and tried again, where it hung for a shorter time at 73% then failed.

Here is the video from the flight today, doing the same thing from the flight a few days ago:

https://vimeo.com/203726811

Any idea whats going on here, or is there anything I can do to try and fix it?
2017-2-12
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

I think that is normal, there is a gimbal delay setting somewhere...
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wowww... This is bad and NO it is NOT normal.

When you start the AC did you keep an eye on the Gimball initiation? Did you notice anything unusual like limping or not centering? Check the Gimball Roll in Gimbal adavenced setting see how far off is from zero.

Also when on the screen you should see the horizontal linein the middle of the screen, is it straight or off center on either side.
2017-2-12
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think you need to adjust your gimbal to be horizontal. There is a setting for that. Just looking at the end of the video, unless your landing table is crooked, the gimbal is not horizontal.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Wow,

That definitely is not Normal. Would be more pronounced if you were in an open area and could see the horizon. Check out mavicpilots.com under "Mavic Pro a Help". There are several posts documenting this issue.
2017-2-12
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

One other thing you could look at is to check and make sure you don't have it in FPV mode. That can also change the angle.
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules