Upgrading from Phantom 3 A to Mavic - is it worth it ?
2565 9 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Hey Guys, i Just recently bought a P3A and i absolutely Love flying it and recodirng footage.

But what i dont like about it is, it is so big i always need an extra backpack to carry it, the Controller is bulgy and twisting on the props is getting annoying.

Its very inconvinient to do the whole Setup for the P3A.
And it also drags a Lot of attention on me when i Take Out my drone in Public and Set it up.

Thats why im thinking about upgrading to the mavic.
I can Take it with me when ever i want, and i dont need a huge extra case for it, Just throw it in my regular bag.
I can make spontaneous Videos/pics and dont drag much attention on me since i can get it up so quickly.

So my question is, is it worth to Upgrade?
Or should i wait for a cheaper Version like the mavic advanced? Since i dont Care about 2.7k/4k Resolution anyways.
2017-2-12
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

I am a Mavic user and today I had a guy run up to me and ask if my drone was the Mavic. He purchased the P4 Pro and said its awesome but is highly considering the Mavic instead. So to be blunt, from what I read, GET A MAVIC PRO. Dont beat yourself up about it, Mavic is small and a lot easy. My first drone. Camera quality is crisp and most importantly, the drone is very stable when flying.
2017-2-12
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

I happen to have both and here is my take: The P3A flies a bit better for photography work. The Mavic of course is hugely more portable and is a lot of fun to fly.  I take the Mavic with me on my motorcycle.
2017-2-12
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Yup I have had a p3p for two years. Just got a mavic too. If you want better video quality phantom is better. Mavic is more portable obviously. To be honest I don't the video quality of the mavic, I am a bit disappointed. I have a case open with Dji and seeing if I can get a refund.
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have all 4 of the P for work but for fun MP is a MUST. I keep it in my car wherever I go. See a nice location, stop the car, Take the cap, open the legs,props, put the phone and up you go...
2017-2-12
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just upgraded to Mavic from Advanced.
The first thing I've noticed that 1080p 60 looks like crap! Apparently it was designed for the goggles, so when looking at the recorded video you only get half the pixels, so its really 530p 60. I wish I knew this before buying, a bit of a lie from DJI. Going to try 1080 30fps next. That's supposed to be better.

TuT
2017-2-12
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Oh the things we are willing to sacrifice to own a product that doesn't even work as advertised and top of that costs over a thought sand dollars.. we should be ashamed of ourself and that we are willing to stick it to Dji and return these unfinished products. Maybe that will force them to change their attitude. But as long as we keep sucking it up, why should they bother.
2017-2-12
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Well what bothers me a Little Bit about the mavic is the smaller viewing Angle it has.

But some people actually prefer a smaller field of View as it creates a more cinematic effect.

What is your opinion on that, compared to the larger viewing Angle of the Phantom series?
2017-2-12
Use props
Majuhka
lvl.1

Finland

With Mavic you don't need an extra backpack, the controller is small and the props are always on. It doesn't drag attention nowhere near as much as Phantoms do, because it's smaller but also a lot quieter. If those are good reasons for you, then you should consider upgrading to a Mavic Pro.
2017-2-13
Use props
Serc.
lvl.2
Germany

Majuhka Posted at 2017-2-13 03:23
With Mavic you don't need an extra backpack, the controller is small and the props are always on. It doesn't drag attention nowhere near as much as Phantoms do, because it's smaller but also a lot quieter. If those are good reasons for you, then you should consider upgrading to a Mavic Pro.

Yea definitely will.
Just 2 things Holding me Back right now, the price and the smaller camera field of View.

Due to my Job i work in different citys and i already carry a big backpack with me (food/water/folders etc.) And i travel by Train so i can't carry Just another backpack for my P3, and i would Love to randomly Take Out my drone in Lunch time and fly it, Just for Fun and maybe for footage.

Same goes when im outside with my Bike i dont want to carry a huge Bag which can only Hold up my drone and the RC in 30°C soaked in sweat.

Well...
Here it costs 1200€ and in US it says 999$
So im waiting for it to come down to 999€ or for a mavic standard/advanced Kind of Version which might runs a Bit cheaper.
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules