impossible to to log in some areas
492 3 2017-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans759a36b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242133 ft
Australia

I wonder if someone could share some light of my issue!?   At "homebase"  i can log in to DJI GO 4 with my old phones SAMSUNG 4 & 5 my S7 do work at times still very unrealible.

still wanted to do my first "real video" on top Tambourine Mountain ( Gold Coast AUS) , got there set all up fully charged  100%  working for 1-2hrs try to get connected to the APP  impossible i was in a area i thought perfect completely open all trees "far away" etc  all perfect excluding i could not get it connected to the app, very disspointed no choice then pack up and go home, tried there and first up the samsung 4 and 5 worked  ready to fly!!  How can this be, as "home" much more of intefernce etc and so on, the spot at the mountain as what i could see nothing, all clear perfect area to test and use this.  I  appriciate if someone could share some thoughts what i am doing wrong!
2017-2-12
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe they have some secret governement bunkers underneath??  

On a serious note, sometimes it happened to me that I need to try several times before it connect. Turn on RC, AC, wait for the beep from the AC and then turn on the phone IOS.

Could you explain in details the steps and if there were any error messages. Sorry for the ordeal I know how frustrating to travel long distances and get screwed and I will furious.
2017-2-12
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

if its an android i noticed sometimes if you dont open the app when it prompts and instead manually open the app yourself it wont connect. so what i do is unplug the cable to the rc (dont unplug phone part) then reconnect and wait for the prompt to pop up (cause i have litchi installed as well and no defaults set) it will work. so basically when you first plug phone in and it prompts to load app hit it right away to avoid that problem.
2017-2-12
Use props
fans759a36b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242133 ft
Australia

Thanks for all , ok for error on Litchi it actually mention GPS signal to low ( or something like that)  with DJI GO 4 simply could not connect ,  i did try all ways disconnect the RC reboot phones start up first with APP start up with RC  and all possible ways still could get nothing to work!  I thing might be worth to mention is this day is was pretty hot , 35deg+  i am thinking if the heat could have something to make connection poor??  As later when home in afternoon i did get connection as i mention!?  very confusing!   
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules