dji go app. not supported
1426 15 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Got a notice on my screen yesterday that the dji go app. was no longer supported.  Should I upgrade to the go 4 app?
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, of course...

But only if you have a Phantom 4. ;-)

I wish DJI would develop an OSMO app...

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

Thanks R.H.P.  Since I still consider myself new to this game I pay a lot of attention to you "old guys", LOL.  If it was not for ya'll and DJI answering my questions I would be lost.  I am an old analog guy in a digital world.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-2-13 05:39
Thanks R.H.P.  Since I still consider myself new to this game I pay a lot of attention to you "old guys", LOL.  If it was not for ya'll and DJI answering my questions I would be lost.  I am an old analog guy in a digital world.

We were all new to the game of drones at one time.

But theoretically we are also never graduated, beyond a student level

Being called a Captain, is only the DJI way of saying Thanks for being here and an awesome forum contributor... ;-)

The knowledge base continues to grow and develop, regardless of forum rank.

Have fun, as you yourself, become proficient, and DJI wise. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Ercoupedriver Posted at 2017-2-13 05:39

Hi, just remember, only have one dji app on your device, if you are going to use dji go 4
delete the other one.
2017-2-13
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 05:46
We were all new to the game of drones at one time.

But theoretically we are also never graduated, beyond a student level

Old guy ha ha
Pat on the back for RHP, haha
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-13 20:10
Old guy ha ha
Pat on the back for RHP, haha

You're only as old as you think...

But the memory goes first..

What was I saying?  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
Ninefingers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2153967 ft
United States

Great now I need to get another ipad for the p4 or keep unistalling then reinstalling app versions when i fly the inspire 1 then the p4? That sucks.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ninefingers Posted at 2017-2-16 02:06
Great now I need to get another ipad for the p4 or keep unistalling then reinstalling app versions when i fly the inspire 1 then the p4? That sucks.

I think if you are using the regular Go app for the Inspire and Go4 app for the Phantom 4 you will be fine.

Remember, that since, you turn the drone on before the app, so the drone will only see the app you turn on.  & the other app shouldn't matter.

Some pilots have both the Go app and 3rd party Litchi on one device. That doesn't cause any conflict. With one or the other running at a time. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-13 20:06
Hi, just remember, only have one dji app on your device, if you are going to use dji go 4
delete the other one.

I'm not sure that you can't have both installed at the same time, they are two different applications (albeit with more or less the same function) so shouldn't be any problems.
Certainly when DJI Go 4 first came out I had both installed for a few weeks without seeing any problems.
2017-2-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ninefingers Posted at 2017-2-16 02:06

You should be OK with both App's installed, but I wouldn't attempt to run both at the same time when all connected and powered up.
2017-2-16
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I do remember reading one of the DJI reps on here saying you can have both installed as long as you shut the other one all the way down. I ran both on my Iphone for a while before I got rid of DJI Go (original) completely and just ran DJI Go4. And I always thought that you start the controller, then the app, then the AC? I also shut down the AC, then the app, then the controller.. Am I going in the wrong order?? I haven't read the manual in a while but haven't had any issues doing it that way >shrug<..
2017-2-16
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-13 20:06
delete the other one.

DJI themselves have stated very clearly that you can have both apps installed on your IOS or Android device. They have also posted an instruction on what you need to do on Android devices in order to make both apps work. For IOS no need to do anything. Just pick the app you want for the moment.
2017-2-18
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

george_007 Posted at 2017-2-18 18:27
DJI themselves have stated very clearly that you can have both apps installed on your IOS or Android device. They have also posted an instruction on what you need to do on Android devices in order to make both apps work. For IOS no need to do anything. Just pick the app you want for the moment.

Yes you can have both installed, but some uses still get confused and have both apps running, so if you are going to only use one of the two apps , you might as well delete the one you don't need.
2017-2-18
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-18 18:34
Yes you can have both installed, but some uses still get confused and have both apps running, so if you are going to only use one of the two apps , you might as well delete the one you don't need.

Agree! :-)
2017-2-18
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Ha, maybe I should off explained it like that in my earlier post!
2017-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules