Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Valentines Drone Stills Shooting
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TRG from Above
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877041 ft
Bulgaria

Hi guys! I'm wondering what are best camera & ND filters settings to capture best personal still images with DJI Phantom 3 Advanced 2.8 Aperture Camera?
Last weekend I was trying to find best solution for that kind of photo session, but I'm little disappointed by final results.

First day I shot at 100 ISO and about 50-100 shutter speed. ND8 Filter, 6200 white balance beacuse of snow. But faces have some noise and they aren't sharp and clear enough. It this all camera can or just a wrong settings? I shot my models 1-2-3 metters away of them (up and front).

Here you can download pics from sunday - no lenses, 100 ISO, 320 Shutter speed, 6200-6400 wb: [color=rgb(36, 89, 197) !important]http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=b2afcd481f

What your experience show in photoshooting faces with drone best camera settings?

And I use custom style - 0,-3,-3, because when first shoot with -3 sharp faces were awful

100ISO, 60 Shutter Speed ND 8 Filter

100ISO, 60 Shutter Speed ND 8 Filter
2017-2-13
Use props
Thermographer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

I believe the filters are best to be used when video taping, not necessarily when still shooting.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That is an Awesome pic.

I like the large love heart.

Good job, with pleasing your lovely lady.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-13
Use props
TRG from Above
lvl.1
Flight distance : 877041 ft
Bulgaria

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-13 08:43
That is an Awesome pic.

I like the large love heart.

Thank yo guys!

Now when I mean stills I'm agree with you filters don't play a role. But how to create face clear and detailed? Some distance and settings advices?

2017-2-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The Phantom 3 camera is not designed to shoot up close, as it is a fixed focus camera and optimised for greater focal distances.
2017-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

TRG from Above Posted at 2017-2-13 21:56
Thank yo guys!

Now when I mean stills I'm agree with you filters don't play a role. But how to create face clear and detailed? Some distance and settings advices?

Yes, if you want great close ups, you might want an OSMO... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-13
Use props
James Patterson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1958638 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldnt use ND filters for taking stills as you would want a fast shutter speed to avoid blur. ND filters are mainly for video as they create nice motion blur due to the fact they slow down the shutter speed
2017-2-14
Use props
James Patterson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1958638 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldnt use ND filters for taking stills as you would want a fast shutter speed to avoid blur. ND filters are mainly for video as they create nice motion blur due to the fact they slow down the shutter speed
2017-2-14
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124281 ft
Canada

Like others have said...

Don't use and ND filter. Shoot as fast as you can.
Photo looks a bit underexposed likely because of the snow. Expose to the right of the histogram (ETTR).
Shoot RAW and edit it in Photoshop or Lightroom.
Use Unsharp Mask in Photoshop to sharpen.

As others have said the Phantom 3 pro is not designed for close up shooting but you can get not too bad results.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules