No Video Downlink on Out of Box Mavic
1162 8 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonathan SCE
New

United States

I just received my new Mavic this Saturday and was excited to fly it.  This was after 3 missed delivery attempts, one local weather delay, and a pickup at the FedEx hub.  I charged the Mavic and RC battery, connected my Pixel XL, and launched the DJI GO app (the old one).  I had a good video feed from the drone and since I was inside, I did not want my first flight indoors, I shut down everything and brought it outside.  I did the compass calibration and was about to take off when I see the warning to use the DJI GO 4 app.  I figure why not, installed DJI GO 4, and when I open the app, I get a grey video feed.  I also get "Aircraft Encoder Error (0x800000)".  On subsequent tries, I have sometimes gotten nonmoving digital static on the screen.

I can still record videos and take photos, the histogram chart is live updating, and I can tap to focus.  I have full control of the drone, but have not done a first flight with it.  I have also (not in any particular order):

• Tested on a Samsung S5 phone.
  • Tried both GO apps on both phones.
  • Uninstall and reinstalled both GO apps.
  • Tested with both the side and bottom USB ports.
  • Resynced the RC to the drone.
  • Used Wi-Fi mode.
  • Refreshed and downgraded the firmware on both the Mavic and RC using DJI Assistant 2.
  • Calibrated the compass, gimbal, IMU, and vision positioning system.
  • Factory reset both the Mavic and RC.
  • Formatted the SD card.
  • Used a 32 GB SanDisk SD Card.
  • Turned on the Mavic without a SD card.

I am going to test with an iPad tonight.

I have sent a service request to DJI on Saturday, I was just seeing if anyone else has seen this problem.
2017-2-13
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

I'm not running Android but running iOS instead. I've had a similar issue in the past with both the Mavic and Inspire. If you're not getting video signal try (if you already haven't) shutting down the craft and then the remote. Reboot the remote then the craft as usual. I know this sounds trivial but this solved my problem in the past with no video on the screen. It doesn't happen all the time but every once in awhile. Once I do this procedure the video comes back as normal. Hope this helps solve your problem.  
2017-2-13
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

One other thing I thought of. Make sure the remote isn't too close to the craft. You should see a interference warning pop up on screen if it is. Do you still have both versions of the DJI GO app on the device?
2017-2-13
Use props
Jonathan SCE
New

United States

RearViewMirror Posted at 2017-2-13 08:37
One other thing I thought of. Make sure the remote isn't too close to the craft. You should see a interference warning pop up on screen if it is. Do you still have both versions of the DJI GO app on the device?

No, I uninstalled the old version.
2017-2-13
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

Jonathan SCE Posted at 2017-2-13 10:25
No, I uninstalled the old version.

I've still got both apps on my phone and (so far) it works with either one. That said I only use the DJI GO 4 app. I wish I could use the previous one since it allowed me to quickly switch between the Osmo and the Mavic.
2017-2-13
Use props
Jonathan SCE
New

United States

So I checked with an iPad, and get the same error on it.  Although is it worded differently on the iPad, "Air Encoder Error (0x800000)".  I also get a different message on the top of the screen, "No Image Transmission Signal".  On my Android, I get "Magnetic Field Interference.  Fly with caution".  On both I get the "Mag Interf Check app" on the RC.  I also tried what RearViewMirror said and turned on the remote first, but that did not help.
2017-2-13
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try to contact the dji support they will help you fix it
2017-2-13
Use props
Jonathan SCE
New

United States

WYHSniper1007 Posted at 2017-2-13 17:35
Try to contact the dji support they will help you fix it

I did on Saturday, just waiting for a response.
2017-2-13
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

Jonathan SCE Posted at 2017-2-13 17:03
So I checked with an iPad, and get the same error on it.  Although is it worded differently on the iPad, "Air Encoder Error (0x800000)".  I also get a different message on the top of the screen, "No Image Transmission Signal".  On my Android, I get "Magnetic Field Interference.  Fly with caution".  On both I get the "Mag Interf Check app" on the RC.  I also tried what RearViewMirror said and turned on the remote first, but that did not help.

That's the same error message that I get from time to time. Turning off the remote and craft and the restarting usually fixes that problem. I hope you get it figured out soon. I know the first time it happened to me I was stumped.
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules