o(^-^)o
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-27 02:48
Cheers for the reply Blade.  

I take it therefore the rear of the battery over the black box with  ...

I will install mine on one of the upper arms.. This little weight wont affect balance much.
2015-2-26
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I got mine yesterday ... Test are not conclusive... Although It aways seems to be off at least 500 meters... That's a bit of a big area to search especially if it ends up in a neighbourhood with a whole bunch of backyard fences... I left it outside all day to ensure sure it picked up as many satellites as it could... I then tested it in my car... If I didn't leave it on my dash line of sight to the sky my app couldn't even find it.... For example I left it on the passenger seat and it was untraceable for my entire 40 min drive....  

The Trackimo is junk. Well in my situation it is anyway... Or maybe I got a dud?
2015-2-26
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

... Oh and when it can't find gps I guess it triangulates GSM and your accuracy is reduced to a 2-3km radius.
2015-2-26
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

after doing further research there seems to be others with the same lack of success on the internet, so I'm guessing I don't have a dud, but it is what it is.  Unfortunately it was a special order from the place I ordered, so no returns.  This thing is complete garbage.  Another thing I found is that even if you have it set to report every minute, if you are not sitting in front of a computer on the trackimo website or don't have the trackimo app running on your phone (awake in the foreground) it will not track, and there is no history . . . .

and it needs complete view of a clear sky . . . this darn thing barley works in my pocket while I'm standing in the middle of the street!! no joke!

Worst part of this product is if you Inspire does "fly away" not only are you going to be out the cost of your Inspire, but also lose this silly tracking device attached to it . . . . keep it in your pocket, at least that way you'll only loose your Inspire, and you'll still have this piece of junk to sell on ebay to some poor sap for $10.

this device is a complete joke, beware!!
2015-2-27
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Acid snow. I have trackimo attached to my inspire 1 inside my house (I live in New York on long island) it's connected to my inspire 1 like I've shown above and it has the translucent case on it and it it's able to to give me immediate and perfect location without line of site and inside a house.  What part of the world do you live in?
2015-2-27
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

Chris Con Posted at 2015-2-28 02:31
Acid snow. I have trackimo attached to my inspire 1 inside my house (I live in New York on long isla ...

hey Chris I'm close to Toronto.   Not a lot of interference (as far as I can see in my quite neighbourhood) if I put it on the window ledge inside my house the best accuracy I can get is within a 2km radius as it says it can't find GPS and I'm guessing its using cell towers to triangulate.  The only way I get a gps signal is if I hold the unit above my head in the middle of the street.  My Samsung phone works fine . . . in fact my phone works so well I get a gps signal that moves around with me in my basement!

I've contacted support, but word on the street says they need a few days to respond.

Chris - does yours only keep a history while the app is open?  I can't figure out if this is normal or not . . . mine will NOT even attempt to track unless I have their website or app open . . . the whole time the app is closed there is no indication of where the unit has been nor any history. . . .
2015-2-27
Use props
capalvch.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71125 ft
Venezuela

Got my trackimo yesterday. Works perfect. Thanks Cris for sharing.
2015-2-27
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Yea have no problems here either Chris!!!!! Thanks for the review!!!!

Mike
2015-2-27
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

Can anyone confirm that their unit continues to track even if the app is not open?
2015-2-27
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-2-28 10:21
Can anyone confirm that their unit continues to track even if the app is not open?

Well I can tell you that I tracked my son all the way to his Gym and he was there about an Hour an half and I had shut off the computer and turned it back on by then. It still had him at the gym!!!!! When he got to the car he called me and let me know he was leaving and I watched him leave and drive back to the house. How much better does it get? For me it's all good! Now it's up to you!

Mike
2015-2-27
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Canada

Thank you for your response Mike. Although I'm still unclear as to whether it will track and keep a history if you don't have the app open?....
2015-2-28
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-2-28 22:32
Thank you for your response Mike. Although I'm still unclear as to whether it will track and keep a  ...

Well when I go flying I leave my phone in the car with the app open. I've asked my son to check it every once in a while and he can see it flying as it updates every minute but. I have noticed that the more I used it or maybe it's just how long I have been using it that day. That the speed is within about 2mph of what my car says as I'm traveling from one spot to another.

When I first got it the speed seemed way off. But I think the longer its on it aquires more sat's and gets even more accurate all the way around. I think it does even make mention of this somewhere. It's a keeper for me for sure! Also I know a guy that's making a holder for it so it can be facing up with his 3d printer. So can't wait to see what he comes up with

Mike
2015-3-1
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-3-2 01:05
Well when I go flying I leave my phone in the car with the app open. I've asked my son to check it  ...

Any word from the guy that is making a holder for the trackimo so that it can be mounted facing up?
2015-3-20
Use props
dmascheck
lvl.1

United States

I noticed on Amazon they also show both versions.

I also noticed it came with a magnetic mount. Seems that would pose major problems with the compass!

You always use the plastic weatherproof case?

How many flights have you made with it??
2015-3-21
Use props
dmascheck
lvl.1

United States

I noticed on Amazon they also show both versions.

I also noticed it came with a magnetic mount. Seems that would pose major problems with the compass!

You always use the plastic weatherproof case?

How many flights have you made with it??
2015-3-21
Use props
arronforde
New

Poland

Hi,
I'm looking at fitting one of these to my car with constant power.
Does it need to be powered on manually if it runs out of battery when placed on charge?
Or does it power up to a fully functioning state automatically?

I'm looking to put it behind dash or something.
Thanks
Arron
2015-4-2
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chris, Just a quick thank you!  I grabbed a Trackimo about 1 month ago and it's worked great to date.  I just checked my accuracy in the mountains of Snowbird Utah vs Minnesota and things are working great.  Only average cell coverage at best around here but still pretty accurate.  Thanks for the tip.
2015-4-4
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've used the Tagg system for a few years woks great - however I'm looking for a more cost effective solution since I have a few machine. This pieceis easy to attach to the machine and comes with a 1 yr subscription.

http://www.amazon.com/Tagg-GPS-P ... hment/dp/B0077I42S4

http://shop.whistle.com/

2015-11-19
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here's another more cost effective tracker where you install your own sim:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RealTime ... ADME:X:eRTM:US:1123
2015-11-19
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

Anyone with new updates.... on any trackers?
2016-8-27
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

DB4Tim Posted at 2016-8-27 16:06
Anyone with new updates.... on any trackers?

Some GPS Trackers to consider :
https://www.gotek7.com/product/prime-ii/

http://www.trackershop-uk.com/pr ... /ultra-mini-bullet/

https://www.amazon.com/Yepzon-On ... X4QAJTYG8ENNVD6R9B2
http://www.loc8tor.com/uk/everyday/loc8tor-gps.html
https://www.podtrackers.com/gps-pet-tracker/

http://www.amberalertgps.com
http://www.findmespot.com/en/ind ... ;utm_campaign=trace

http://www.traxfamily.com

You may also wish to look at this review:  http://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/gps/best-gps-trackers/

I like the Trax system, but just haven't taken the plunge as can't seem to justify the additional Data Plan sign up requirement.

2016-8-28
Use props
lutece7
New

United States

Thanks for your post GB44. I agree, the TraxFamily seems like the best one to me. Why doesn't their website say whether or not they are 2G or 3G cellular network compatable? I would think that any tracker manufacturer would post this info. AT&T is going to stop their 2g service the end of 2016 and Tracker uses AT&T. I bought a Trackimo, but am returning it, because I suspect it is 2G, because the Trackimo website now has a Trackimo that is considerably more expensive and calls it their 3G model, so I can only assume that everything else that they have sold before is NOT 3G and will be unable by the end of the year. I wish these companies would be more forthcoming with such important information? 2G, or "NOT 2G....THAT is the QUESTION!"
2016-9-11
Use props
lutece7
New

United States

GB44 Posted at 2016-8-28 18:50
Some GPS Trackers to consider :
https://www.gotek7.com/product/prime-ii/

oh, one more thing, one good thing about the trackimo is that DJI Phantom mounts for it can be easily found, whereas they can not for the TraxFamily. How would we mount the TraxFamily?
2016-9-11
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

lutece7 Posted at 2016-9-11 15:00
oh, one more thing, one good thing about the trackimo is that DJI Phantom mounts for it can be eas ...

Remove the ID plate from the back place some velcro behind and refix the Trax can then be attached with a velcro strap - Just an idea...
2016-9-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

All,

Have a look at this new tag.  May be worth considering if you assume your Aircraft/ UAV is the same as your Car/vehicle. Very cheap alternative !!
I know there not true GPS Trackers, but may be a cheap alternative !!!

Have a look at the video in the links:

And here is another example:

2016-9-16
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

I purchased my Trackimo when I purchased my Inspire about a year ago. I also purchased crash insurance and the insurance said it won't cover the Inspire if it flew away and you couldn't find it. Hence the Trackimo. I also found that it was useful for tracking my 17 year old's car. Having speed alerts was nice. It would send me an email every time it moved. After the 1 year free subscription I had to pay the $60 to use it again. Since paying, it never alerts me anymore and seems very reluctant to even track. I'm looking at the app now and it shows my son's car in my driveway when it's at his school 4 miles away and hasn't tracked it in 4 days. I pushed every button and it still won't track and says the battery is at 35%. I also noticed that if you want more than 1 alert per day free you need to pay an additional $9.95 per month I think (couldn't re-open that info as it only came up when I was re-upping my subscription). I really liked the first year but now not so much. I kind of wished I just threw it away and bought another one with the first year free.
2016-9-21
Use props
DB4Tim
lvl.2

The 9.95 is for 200 tracks.....I have had two now ........for two months they are incredible devises, I have not been able .....to make it NOT work.....the problem you are having....simply take the unit and lay it out side for 15 minutes your issues will be gone.....it must acquire before you start moving....that is all in the instructions.

BTW I do not work for Trackimo nor do they give me anything for free....the devise simply works...when I was asking here earlier I was hoping someone could give me an issue I could duplicate...

If you buy on Amazon the serial number will begin with 1 indicating it is 2G.....if you buy the more expensive one from a reliable source and it comes with a serial number of 3 then it is the 3G one .

All my testing was done with 2G devise tracked over 30 miles walking over 500 miles driving ...and 2.5 hours flying

This is a GPS DEVICE
2016-10-10
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

I just got my Trackimo today and seems to be working well. I see that is gives a location and address but what if we end up in some open area away from roads. do you know if it is possible to get the Longitude and Latitude sent to a smart phone? I am just trying to think the steps out should it be lost. My other tracker I just need to call it and it will respond back with the exact location and I just need to touch it and it will bring up a map and take me to it. I hope the Trackimo will do.
2017-1-26
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

TrackIT Posted at 2017-1-26 21:36
I just got my Trackimo today and seems to be working well. I see that is gives a location and address but what if we end up in some open area away from roads. do you know if it is possible to get the Longitude and Latitude sent to a smart phone? I am just trying to think the steps out should it be lost. My other tracker I just need to call it and it will respond back with the exact location and I just need to touch it and it will bring up a map and take me to it. I hope the Trackimo will do.

try to watch this video to learn on how to obtain the longitude and latitude coordinates using Trackimo's device in open area away from roads. but still for me the device itself is perfect..been using it for 3months now for my phantom 3 and its tracking accuracy is very good, plus they made some update on their Smartphone App which they added a bluetooth tracking function and more. you can see more updates and its new features on their App on this link http://trackimo.com/trackimo-app-version-3-update/,indeed for me this device is one of the best.
2017-1-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Tabby Tabz Posted at 2017-1-27 00:11
try to watch this video click here to learn on how to obtain the longitude and latitude coordinates using Trackimo's device in open area away from roads. but still for me the device itself is perfect..been using it for 3months now for my phantom 3 and its tracking accuracy is very good, plus they made some update on their Smartphone App which they added a bluetooth tracking function and more. you can see more updates and its new features on their App on this link http://trackimo.com/trackimo-app-version-3-update/,indeed for me this device is one of the best.

Love mine , I have it installed  on my Inspire  1 and mount it on the back tag ( see post #10 mine is exactly the same setup ) .  I have mine when flying set for every 1 minute update  and when in standby at 120 minutes .
Story of why I purchased : About 2 years  ago I purcheased a Chroma Blade which is notorious for loosing signal, so I lost contact with my Blade and it went downwind in a hurry and  lost sight of it , tried everything to get it back , no luck , searched for hours but no joy .  When I came home for a break I received a phone call from a Farmer who happened to find it on his front lawn, ( lucky I had my name and phone number on the Blade )  it had traveled close to 4 miles and was quite a interesting video of its travels.  Right after this happened I looked into tracking devices , started off with a flytrex device which was just to complicated and then found Trackimo .  It gives such peace of mind and with these  expensive Inspire 2's I could not imagine flying without one

Thanks again for taking the time to make  such an informative video.

donnie

2017-1-27
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-27 05:26
Love mine , I have it installed  on my Inspire  1 and mount it on the back tag ( see post #10 mine is exactly the same setup ) .  I have mine when flying set for every 1 minute update  and when in standby at 120 minutes .
Story of why I purchased : About 2 years  ago I purcheased a Chroma Blade which is notorious for loosing signal, so I lost contact with my Blade and it went downwind in a hurry and  lost sight of it , tried everything to get it back , no luck , searched for hours but no joy .  When I came home for a break I received a phone call from a Farmer who happened to find it on his front lawn, ( lucky I had my name and phone number on the Blade )  it had traveled close to 4 miles and was quite a interesting video of its travels.  Right after this happened I looked into tracking devices , started off with a flytrex device which was just to complicated and then found Trackimo .  It gives such peace of mind and with these  expensive Inspire 2's I could not imagine flying without one

good to hear that you also have good experience using the trackimo.
2017-1-30
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

try to watch this video click here to learn on how to obtain the longitude and latitude coordinates using Trackimo's device in open area away from roads. but still for me the device itself is perfect..been using it for 3months now for my phantom 3 and its tracking accuracy is very good, plus they made some update on their Smartphone App which they added a bluetooth tracking function and more. you can see more updates and its new features on their App on this link http://trackimo.com/trackimo-app-version-3-update/,indeed for me this device is one of the best.

nice video sir , thanks for the tips..cheers!
2017-1-31
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nice review.  How much does the Trackimo cost after the first twelve months ?
2017-2-2
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

GB44 Posted at 2017-2-2 09:05

i think it comes $5/month, so its worth it
2017-2-16
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

GB44 Posted at 2017-2-2 09:05

Trackimo subscription only cost $5/ month after its 1year free subscription.
2017-2-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Tabby Tabz Posted at 2017-2-23 23:14
Trackimo subscription only cost $5/ month after its 1year free subscription.

Don't you need to renew the Cellular  card in it is well ?  I thought we needed to , ( I am sitll within the first year ).

donnie
2017-2-24
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-24 05:47
Don't you need to renew the Cellular  card in it is well ?  I thought we needed to , ( I am sitll within the first year ).

donnie

No need to renew the SIM card. After your first FREE 12 month subscription, you only pay $5/month for your subscription.
2017-2-26
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Tabby Tabz Posted at 2017-2-26 23:47
No need to renew the SIM card. After your first FREE 12 month subscription, you only pay $5/month for your subscription.

Ok, thank you .

donnie
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules