5999 88 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

JDB Posted at 2017-2-18 01:45
I had a play with this on my Android 5.2,  DJI GO 3.1.3.  Under General Settings I tried selecting "Enable Amap (for China Mainland)" and also "Calibrate Map Coordinates (for China Mainland)", in various combinations.  Google map didn't appear, an unbranded map appeared with Chinese characters did appear for placenames in my area, and the GPS position of the controller was shown 50m north if where it actually was.

Is your experience with the selections repeatable?  Can you confirm you are using Android phone with DJI GO 3.1.3?

Ditto .... Chinese characters on my HERE maps as well ...
2017-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

gvgeorge Posted at 2017-2-26 08:16
Speaking for myself, I heartily dislike completely agreeing with your suggestion that DJI staffers responsible for this forum are seemingly  being kept in the dark, rendering them unable to provide quality customer service.  Making mushrooms of customer-facing staffers is not only bad for customer satisfaction but also creates a poisonous development atmosphere.

Only trying to be polite of/to them, who seem to be honestly unawares... Whether they know an answer and aren't tellin', or really don't know, makes little difference to the end user, us.  

We aren't privy, and are not worthy...  ;-)

But it evidently makes a good conversation topic. One with infinite possibilities.
Same goes for the frequent incomplete firmware descriptions.  Go figure. . .

RedHotPoker
2017-2-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2017-2-26 10:57
Not for me it doesn't

Tried all the tricks and hints and switch ons detailed in this thared and not once has Google Maps shown ...

Quite true, and you won't get Google Maps unless you have an Apple device or DJI decide to go back to using the Google maps SDK. It is written into the code, and all these 'tricks' people talk about are not going to change anything.
2017-2-26
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I wonder if its a trick of the cache itself ?

People are getting maps thrown up by the cache when nothing else available or an error occurs. I can well believe that the format would be similar google and here maps.

I have a navigation archive that has Navteq, Google, Garmin, TomTom, IGO, .... a long list and many in fact are cross compatible. I run GPS and Navigation groups. Most now follow the vector format. Make as cached are originally satektie shots of course - then vextorused to allow us to zoom in / out ... This is a simple explanation as it involves quite a bit more ....

Nigel
2017-2-26
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

A DJI reply in here talks about when each displays .... to be honest I could not make sense of the statement. It just seemed to be unlikely.

I do not believe the statement by another -that DJI would like us to all move to iOS - if that is true - then *** off - you just lost another customer. IOS may have a large market - but Android ? That is huge .... DJI may wish for all to be on one platform to ease their R&D - but not so stupid to alienate the largest market !

Why does iOS apparently have Google maps and Android Here ?

Doesn't make sense when you consider Google Maps came from same Google company as initially setup Android ! We know that divisions and separations occur in company's and entity's but its absurd ....

Nigel
2017-2-26
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595157 ft
Canada

I'm using an Android (Nexus 7) tablet. Just today I noticed the maps switching back to Google Maps. I didn't make any changes on my end. It could have happened earlier but I didn't notice until today. I also have the radar feature.
March 19, 2017 85917 AM EDT.png
2017-3-19
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

michaeln416 Posted at 2017-3-19 05:15
I'm using an Android (Nexus 7) tablet. Just today I noticed the maps switching back to Google Maps. I didn't make any changes on my end. It could have happened earlier but I didn't notice until today. I also have the radar feature.

Since I also have the Nexus 7 figured I boot it up and see. I'm on Go ver 3.1.3 and still have "Here" maps.
The people that have cell service on their devices seemed to get the Google maps out in the field, but since the Nexus 7 does not have cell data we had Here maps only. So maybe it's your location (country) that has an impact.  Is that the Go app above, it looks much different than mine.
2017-3-19
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Canada

Well, that turned me into a liar pretty quickly. Google Maps are gone again and Here is back.

I was advised by Google to update the cached local map, after I did so the very next flight was when it change back to Here.
2017-3-19
Use props
michaeln416
lvl.2
Canada

Yes it's the Go 4 app. It looks different because I cropped the image.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules