8451 6 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

How to disable all assistance options?

I wanted to fly the Mavic indoors so I disabled all sensors, assistance functions hoping the model would just hover as instructed but it doesnt ...

Seems like it still wants to avoid obstacles at times, keep position or make adjustments to its position including land itself when barometer shows negative hight but gps shows positive etc ... or ascent when full negative throttle should be seen as input and was seen as per logs ...

Where is the option to completely disable all security functions and to get a model that acts like any other in normal mode?

The mavic pushing back by itself though obstacle avoidance is disabled, especially as you cant override it is dangerous in a tight space and shouldnt happen in the first place ... cant believe I can hover a 700size helicopter in my lounge but not the Mavic as 'addons' still add to its behaviour ...

Anyone else experiencing this?
2017-2-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YOU SHOULD NOT FLY INDOOR...PERIOD...Unless you want to put your MP with a sign that read R.I.P.
2017-2-13
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Page 22 of the manual:

"The down- ward Vision System uses ultrasound and image data to help the aircraft maintain its current position. With the help of the Downward Vision System, your Mavic Pro can hover in place more precisely and  fly indoors or in other environments where a GPS signal is not available."

If I shouldnt or the device wasnt intended for this purpose dont tell me it has functionality especially designed for this purpose. I actually got devices that state only for outdoor use - as this doesnt and claims to be tested for this use-case I would consider it being potentially faulty ...

Anyone with a real comment?
2017-2-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

"Where is the option to completely disable all security functions and to get a model that acts like any other in normal mode?"

There's not a single option to disable all the various sensor / vision systems, but I believe each one can be disabled. The only thing I know of offhand that you can't turn off is GPS, but if you're really determined to disable it try covering the rear of the aircraft with aluminum foil. Having said that, if I were planning to fly indoors I don't think I'd be inclined to disable VPS: it's actually a big help in stabilizing the Mavic, at least when it has a pattern that it can lock onto. And as far as OA goes, it definitely can be disabled and it's easy to tell when it's enabled and has been triggered.
2017-2-14
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

The forward Obstacle Avoidance can definitely be switched off. I've done it in testing, and I've been able to fly the Mavic to within inches of something in front of it. Are you sure you disabled it properly?

And if you're using Android, you can also disable the downward OA without totally disabling the VPS system. The option is called "Landing Protection." This is what forces the Mavic to maintain a height of 0.5m above any object or surface. With that disabled, you can fly it as close to the floor as you want. As @DroneFlying mentioned, the VPS is actually extremely useful when flying indoors, provided the lighting and floor surface are suitable for the VPS to enable OPTI mode, which is much more stable than pure ATTI mode.
2017-2-14
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes I did - manually disabled all options I could find unfortunately didnt work - didnt crash or anything luckily but was still unpleasant- havent checked with the new firmware yet - unfortunately you cant test this without the props on as it will end up in an error that the props are off ...
2017-2-14
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

So when I turned off my front sesiones, why am I still getting beeping?
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules