5713 64 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-14 09:44
I guess he feels that he should be able to use his existing Android device that's supposed to work instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a different device he shouldn't need.

I sold that god-damn iPad....Never everagain..., no screenrecording..., try to export videos or other data without iOSX....,biggest crap ...under disability...
bought yesterday a "Nvidia Shield K1 " ..Android7, build in Screenrecorder....now I´m very satisfied n happy...everything works fine !
2017-2-15
Use props
Katsumoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56407 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-15 03:09
Sorry to hear the issue, please help confirm your android version for the device.
Then export the crash log for us, you can get it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CRASH
Please upload the log to dropbox and provide me the link, I'll transfer it to our engineers for analysis.

and how to export flight crash data with iOS ???
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-2-15 11:57

Via iTunes App pane, scroll down till you see the File Sharing listing, then click on the DJI Go 4 app and drag and drop the flight records or flight logs or whatever folder to your desktop.
2017-2-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I really wish DJI would do away with any phone or tablet interfaces at all,   other than 2nd pilot cam operator through wifi to tx ,   why on earth they have not built their own TX's with inbuilt screens i will never know,  they can then have their own op system and no need for all this BS of stupid wires all over the place, and poor tablet holders,    yuneek have the most ergonomic system i have seen,   Parrot nearly got it right with the skycontroller,  ( near perfect layout, sadly uses ios and android screens too which play up equally poorly)   ok its a bit big,   i would give anything to have an integrated dedicated screen,  why do they put theirselves through this pain,  surely 85% or more of DJI's customer issues are with connectivity compatibility through a ios or android screens,    these drones are prebuilt why not finish the job and have prebuilt transmitters ?
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-15 13:07
I really wish DJI would do away with any phone or tablet interfaces at all,   other than 2nd pilot cam operator through wifi to tx ,   why on earth they have not built their own TX's with inbuilt screens i will never know,  they can then have their own op system and no need for all this BS of stupid wires all over the place, and poor tablet holders,    yuneek have the most ergonomic system i have seen,   Parrot nearly got it right with the skycontroller,  ( near perfect layout, sadly uses ios and android screens too which play up equally poorly)   ok its a bit big,   i would give anything to have an integrated dedicated screen,  why do they put theirselves through this pain,  surely 85% or more of DJI's customer issues are with connectivity compatibility through a ios or android screens,    these drones are prebuilt why not finish the job and have prebuilt transmitters ?

Maybe you should look at the P4Pro.
2017-2-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I believe that comes with an option for the crystalsky screen, but isnt that just an android tablet with a more outdoor type of screen ??  or have i missed something
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-15 15:04
I believe that comes with an option for the crystalsky screen, but isnt that just an android tablet with a more outdoor type of screen ??  or have i missed something

Yes, the built-in screen for the P4Pro's remote is Android-based, but apparently you can't install your own apps on it.
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-15 15:11
Yes, the built-in screen for the P4Pro's remote is Android-based, but apparently you can't install your own apps on it.

Well, I assume it's aOS-based, likely a DJI fork.
2017-2-15
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Many thanks Ex-Machina,  no doubt that will help,  is there any signs a dedicated screen like this will become available for the mavic?   i wonder if it can be locked too, to prevent forced updates?
2017-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-2-15 15:24
Many thanks Ex-Machina,  no doubt that will help,  is there any signs a dedicated screen like this will become available for the mavic?   i wonder if it can be locked too, to prevent forced updates?

I guess that's where this product comes in: http://www.dji.com/crystalsky
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mir Posted at 2017-2-15 09:42
Unfortunately, there is no "CRASH" folder in the location you specified.

For all three android devices, there is no that file?
Under "LOG", what you can see?
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Katsumoto Posted at 2017-2-15 11:57

As mentioned by Machina, you need connect your iOS device to iTunes, go to application then dji go 4 and find the file.
2017-2-19
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 00:14
As mentioned by Machina, you need connect your iOS device to iTunes, go to application then dji go 4 and find the file.

For DJI´s sake to have happy MP-customers there is only ONE solution:

1. declare DJI GO 4 to be still a beta-release app with glitches to be used with risk on android

2. extend support and add new features to DJI GO 3 (such as prop-cage-setting) as long as necessary until DJI GO 4 works flawless on 99% of android devices.
2017-2-19
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

Flying and suddenly my screen goes black.. scares me every time.. (lucky for RTH but I feel very uneasy losing vision)

My phone is a Google Pixel using DJI GO 4. Seems like it's the app crashing, basically every flight. Seems to be later in the flight (after 10-15 minutes flying) maybe just coincidence. Have to land and turn everything off to get connected again (otherwise it will just keep crashing in much shorter time).. I haven't been flying much, but it's been like this for a while now
(I updated the app to 4 at the same time I got the new phone.. not sure if the problem is with the app or the phone.. or both?)
2017-2-19
Use props
Mark447
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334869 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having this crashing problem too. c app v4.0.2(172-gpPhone) running on Google Pixel XL.
I'm getting, on average, three crashes per flight.

Other issues with the DJI Go 4 app:

* if you attempt to start the app with the screen set to Landscape mode it will crash - 100% reliable

* so you've started the app in Portrait mode and you 'Go Fly' the app switches its display to landscape mode and its always upside-down, and takes a couple of seconds to appear the right way up. DJI knows where the data connector is on the Mavic controller and that all phones have the data connection at the bottom - it can't be that hard to get the orientation right.

As has been said above - its REALLY disconcerting to go blind mid flight. I wonder, would it be DJI's fault if you crashed the UAV because DJI's software crashed?

A zip of the logs from DJI/dji.go.4/LOG/CRASH are here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Vk/view?usp=sharing

Please get back to me if you have more questions.
2017-2-19
Use props
fans16b1ee0d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158632 ft
Australia

All this time thought it was a problem with my phone!

Guess I'm not the only one having the go4 app crash mid flight...
2017-3-28
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

dronist Posted at 2017-2-14 09:19
Swtich to IOS, you would save the planet (less trash from Andriod apps) and you can fly another day...

How smart dear friend...
This is what one could call "apple thinking", but we do not have to pay an extra to use the drone on IOS since DJI acknowledges use of both systems...
2017-3-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

15matjan Posted at 2017-3-28 04:10
How smart dear friend...
This is what one could call "apple thinking", but we do not have to pay an extra to use the drone on IOS since DJI acknowledges use of both systems...

Just stating the fact... or go with the flow... or don't fight the current... don't worry be happy...
DJI says you can use both but if it doesn't work...

What would you do????

Wait for the holly spirit... when pigs fly... when Trump stop lying... or I will go and get an IOS and fly today!
It is you choice...
2017-3-28
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Good evening Heavysledz,
you say :
install an app that monitors/records the device performance
Which application can be used ?
Thank you.

2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark447 Posted at 2017-2-19 10:36
I'm having this crashing problem too. c app v4.0.2(172-gpPhone) running on Google Pixel XL.
I'm getting, on average, three crashes per flight.

This is the list of DJI recommended devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-3-29
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's funny the lack of knowledge regarding Android, coming mostly from Pro-apple device owners..

Many state the amount of different android devices available on the market, without really realizing that while the device is a different brand, they do share for the most part a common architecture, and more importantly, the same OS. An android is like a PC... how many PCs do you see claiming that Windows is not supported on it? None.

Of course, if you take the argument about old PCs not being able to run newer windows, this is the exact same thing for Apple and their controlled and slugish architecture.

So, yeah, the list provided by DJI-Ken is the list of recommended devices - this is not the list of the only supported devices. The hardware is not the issue for the newer devices. It's the OS that creates conflict for the most part, specifically the recent Nougat OS.
And given that it's a software issue, fixes will come. There are solutions to alleviate/resolve the crashing issues. It's not ideal, but be patient and fly carefully in the meantime.

Edit: spelling
2017-3-29
Use props
Archon810
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67664 ft
United States

I haven't flown the Mavic for a few months because of how bad my last experience was (the app kept showing no connection, or it would go in and out when the drone was within feet of me, on a snowy mountain).

Yesterday I flew it again, just to see if the new DJI Go v4 app is still crashing on my Pixel XL. Did a clean install of it, after removing all the DJI folders on my SD card.

Great, it no longer crashes on start like it used to. Excellent.

Got the drone up in the air, flew about 500ft, suddenly the app just died. Instant crash, no message, just went to the home screen. The controller is still connected perfectly fine.

Restarted the app, but it would not reconnect, no matter what I did (even with a full Force Close). I had to land the Mavic by hand using the controller, shut down the controller, restart it, and only then the Android app finally reconnected.

This is completely unacceptable on a $1000 product. The crashes have happened so many times that:
1) I've been wishing that the controller just had a built-in screen and the phone was out of the equation altogether. Then I also wouldn't have to take off my case, fiddle with the USB-C cord, lose access to my phone, and then having to take it out again.
2) I'm now jarred so much that I simply don't want to fly it anymore because I know it'll likely disconnect, the app will crash, or something unpredictable will happen like it did several times before (19 satellites suddenly lost at once and the Mavic starts drifting away on its own really fast).

I'm probably going to sell it, cut my losses, and either wait to see if a new model will come out with an integrated screen, or go to a competitor that doesn't crash and burn on Android.

2017-4-19
Use props
Archon810
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67664 ft
United States

Opened up a new topic for this issue https://forum.dji.com/thread-93241-1-1.html.
2017-4-19
Use props
Carlos Chaos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173294 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm new to the Mavic and to this forum.  I had a Droid Turbo 2 and the app kept crashing despite taking all the suggestions to fix it.  I was finally told it was a compatibility issue, i.e., my phone was not on the supported device list.  I asked what would be a good phone and was told the Samsung S6 is supported and should work well.  So I purchased a 32GB version of the S6 and still the dji app crashes.  It is disappointing because it should not happen, nor should Android users be chastised in any way for not wanting to go with an iOS solution.  It is not about iOS vs Android, it is about the programming of the dji app and advertised expectations.  The bottom line is dji must  ensure the app works for ALL supported hardware and software and they are working on that.  The Mavic is a good bird for the price-point and I think the camera is great.  Once the dji go app bugs are worked out, I'm sure the complaints will fall sharply - until then work with dji support to get your issues fixed.      
2017-5-1
Use props
JelloMaster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7228 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my Mavic last week and have done 4 flights so far with it. The first two I used my Nexus 5x and the app crashed consistently on every flight, and I also had a message come up both times saying the aircraft had disconnect however the controller remained connect the whole time and I was still receiving video feed on the app too .

The phone that my 5x replaced was an HTC One M7 which I still had laying around in a drawer, so I powered it up and did a factory reset on it. I went through and disabled and uninstalled everything I could without stopping the OS from running.  I also made sure that it had no accounts sync'ing. I then installed GO 4 and logged into my account.   Given the underspec'd nature of the phone I wasn't holding out much hope but low and behold both flights today were totally crash free, had virtually zero lag on the screen and the app ran perfectly.  My M7 is only running Android 5.0.2 which is the latest it will go to and HTC sense 6.0.

The only problem with the M7 is the way the USB port faces, the mini USB cable you get with the controller to get it to connect the phone would have to be face down. So you have to use the bottom USB port with a regular mini USB cable, which isn't a massive issue, just not as tidy.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules