Questions for which I can find no answers
1256 15 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NJBILLT
lvl.2
United States

Is there a way to lock the focus and exposure when in time lapse mode?  It constantly hunts for focus, especially when it's dark.

Is there a way to lock the focus and exposure when in video mode?  It constantly hunts for focus, especially when it's dark.

To the above 2 questions, even in the 9 shot panorama mode it says in yellow, ae/af lock, and yet I can clearly see it's focusing for every shot.

Is the highest resolution for a time lapse video 1080P?  

Can it be set up to save all the photos that went into the time lapse so I can create it in another app?

Android Galaxy S7 Verizon variant.  

Thanks for a reply.  

2017-2-14
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

Hello, I have Galaxy S7 edge and have absolutely the same problems. What you can do is only to lock a focus in DJI Go app. But is's very tricky. At first you have to go to photo mode, then tap on screen where you want to focus and then switch back to the video mode. After that as long as you don't touch a focus it will be locked. For the exposure lock there is still no solution. If to be honest this DJI Go app for Android is absolutely useless!!!!! DJI Don't care about Android users ((((
2017-2-14
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

I've tried to use Filmic Pro for an Android, but it is unusable due to a lot of bugs (
2017-2-14
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Will shooting in manual fix this?
2017-2-15
Use props
NJBILLT
lvl.2
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-2-15 11:11
Will shooting in manual fix this?

You can mount your phone in the gimbal and use the native app, but you can do that with a $150 stabilizer.  What you're paying $300 for with this doesn't work.  As for manual in the DJI app, that's one of the problems.  There is no manual.  The settings like ISO and shutter speed that are in the native app are absent in the photo settings.  In fact, you can't even choose aspect or megapixel.  It shoots 12MP 16:9 and that's it.  No 4:3 full sensor.  So basically this app degrades the phones camera to that of a 5 year old phone.  The native camera app uses the dual pixel to focus.    This app seems to be using contrast focus, which is 2005 technology.  
2017-2-18
Use props
NJBILLT
lvl.2
United States

b0n3 Posted at 2017-2-14 22:29
Hello, I have Galaxy S7 edge and have absolutely the same problems. What you can do is only to lock a focus in DJI Go app. But is's very tricky. At first you have to go to photo mode, then tap on screen where you want to focus and then switch back to the video mode. After that as long as you don't touch a focus it will be locked. For the exposure lock there is still no solution. If to be honest this DJI Go app for Android is absolutely useless!!!!! DJI Don't care about Android users ((((

I don't know how DJI can call it a time lapse app when it doesn't even exposure lock.  I saw a guy on YouTube the other day proud of an S7 edge time plase, and it was flickering the whole time.  Useless!  
2017-2-18
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just bought my Osmo Mobile and run it with my S7 Edge and I have to say it is very disappointing.

1. Why is Go v4 not incorporating the Osmo? is the Osmo outdated already?  I have Go v4 for my Mavic but now have to install old outdated software for my BRAND NEW Osmo ?
2. Why is there no 180/330 video mode (NOT TIMELAPSE) Just be nice to do a sweeping (for landscapes and buildings) video automatically without using the buttons
3. AF LOCK is useless!

This has just cost me over £400 with the trips etc and I feel like have bought some outdated technology instead of a piece of the latest tech, as I did with my Inspire1 and Mavic Pro

I think I will be contacting DJI to return this as it does not fulfil the purpose for which I bought it!
2017-2-19
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also cannot get the app to save to the Phones NATIVE DCIM folder on the SD Card - so I have to them move all the footage manually - please fix this urgently!

And bring us SLOMO same as IOS phones get :/
2017-2-19
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

skpManiac Posted at 2017-2-19 07:20
I have just bought my Osmo Mobile and run it with my S7 Edge and I have to say it is very disappointing.

1. Why is Go v4 not incorporating the Osmo? is the Osmo outdated already?  I have Go v4 for my Mavic but now have to install old outdated software for my BRAND NEW Osmo ?

Totally agree with you on #2 & #3, I've yet to buy anything else from DJI, but with this level of support for Android and also crappy auto-focus on an S7, I'm not sure if I am ready to make more purchases.

It's mind bogglingly restrictive for something that is supposed to get you easier shots. It's so bad I was almost contemplating buying an iPhone 7 to solve some issues, but then you read about all the OIS /ninja walking requirements to use it properly.
2017-2-20
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Love how DJI do not answer, despite the fact we spend so much money with them :/
It's a a disgrace!

I want to return my OSMO & Tripod because it simply does not do what they advertise it to do :/

I have P2's. P2+'s, Inpsires, Mavics and now this, and this is the worst thing I have ever bought from them, and that incudes an Inspire that turned off in mid-air   
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I feel very sorry about the situation. R&D is aware of these issues you're reporting. Unfortunately improvement comes slow.
2017-2-27
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is probably because all their efforts are going towards new models, like Inspire 2, M200 etc and NOT fixing the issues with the tech you have already released!

DJI Needs to fix all the issues with existing tech, BEFORE pushing forward to new frontiers otherwise you will lose your customer base because we are losing faith in your support, and with no support there will be no future.
2017-2-27
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

skpManiac Posted at 2017-2-27 00:13
That is probably because all their efforts are going towards new models, like Inspire 2, M200 etc and NOT fixing the issues with the tech you have already released!

DJI Needs to fix all the issues with existing tech, BEFORE pushing forward to new frontiers otherwise you will lose your customer base because we are losing faith in your support, and with no support there will be no future.

Agreed, I really hope new software rolls out soon.
2017-2-27
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Osmo needs to use DJI Go 4 so those of us with newer drones only need one piece of software - My Mavic gets confused because the old version is on, I have to remove it then reinstall it to use my Osmo, it's pathetic

I used my brand new Osmo only twice because of this hassle  - Please sort it DJI!

New Mavic FW and Go4 App today, Calibration fix, lets hope some other bug fixes too!
2017-3-2
Use props
Jake Fortune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187408 ft
United States

It isn't just you Android users.  I have an iPhone SE and the focus/exposure lock is disabled in DJI Go.  It shows up on the screen, but the slider simply will not move.  It was a complete pain in the backside to balance too, because the SE is a bit too short to set off the phone detection switch.  That said, I've only had the Osmo Mobile for one evening to test it out.  I'm not overly impressed.  Walking and taking video still has very detectable bounce.  Although my phone can take video in very low light, the DJI Go app prevents me from using that feature and the video is crushed in low light.  So much potential wasted.  I will be using the Mobile today in the native app to see if it works better (or at all!).
2017-3-15
Use props
NJBILLT
lvl.2
United States

Jake Fortune Posted at 2017-3-15 06:38
It isn't just you Android users.  I have an iPhone SE and the focus/exposure lock is disabled in DJI Go.  It shows up on the screen, but the slider simply will not move.  It was a complete pain in the backside to balance too, because the SE is a bit too short to set off the phone detection switch.  That said, I've only had the Osmo Mobile for one evening to test it out.  I'm not overly impressed.  Walking and taking video still has very detectable bounce.  Although my phone can take video in very low light, the DJI Go app prevents me from using that feature and the video is crushed in low light.  So much potential wasted.  I will be using the Mobile today in the native app to see if it works better (or at all!).

I posted a new thread on this but the Verizon S7s just got Nougat Android 7 and the focus lock is fixed.  
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules