Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo+ vibration since Firmware v1.4.0.70. Am I alone?
1470 11 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi there,

Before Firmware v1.4.0.70, I had no vibration 99% of time. Only very very rare vibrations that I couldn't reproduce.

After undating firmware to v1.4.0.70, I do had often vibration I can reproduce each time, as you can see in this video:

Please note that it's not at this is not at the level of the engine stop. This is before the engine stop. And before the update, even at the level of the stop of the engine, it did not create any vibration at all, the shot simply followed the stop. The shot was usable.
Note also that I obviously made a calibration.

Two questions:
- Am I alone?
- How to downgrade? Please!

Vincent
2017-2-14
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Please, can anyone try with his Osmo +? I need to know if everyone has this new problem with this firmware, or only me.
2017-2-17
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi Vincent, sorry to say but I just tested my Osmo+ and don't have the vibration you are having.
I'm using the latest firmware.
Hope you sort the problem.
Dave
2017-2-17
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Sorry Vinc.  Given all the bugs in the DJI software/firmware I don't dare upgrade until it's been out for a while and all the problems surface.   When I inquired before I was told by DJI it was "impossible" to downgrade the firmware.  
2017-2-17
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Can you repeat the problem with the gimbal vertical?  It wouldn't be firmware related but I did have jerky gimbal movement sometimes when positioning it flat like in your video.  It was mounted on a tripod and I changed to a vertical mount and problem went away.  Not sure why.  I assumed it something to do with axis correction angles.
2017-2-17
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

I should also note that I was panning the camera via the app when the jerky movement happened, not physically moving the entire handle.
2017-2-17
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

I'm not getting this externally but more internally, and kind of hearing it through my clips. I have an Rode Video Micro too... and if it's a silent room (I.e. Me testing my Osmo+ out around the house since I'm a new owner) When I play my recordings back, I can here something like a piece of "cardboard constantly hitting a fan"-type noise? But not externally like that. Hopefully you get yours resolved and mine doesn't turn that way. It scares me, as a NEW Osmo+ owner, reading about things like this, the horizontal/tilt issues, and some of the other complaints/problems I've read. Hopefully mine doesn't turn this way either. Of course having a product out the box, it going to work 100%. What I'm afraid of, if getting issues from month to month. But hopefully, I get proven wrong and mine stands the length of time.
2017-2-17
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi there,

Thanks for all your messages.
To test, hold the trigger to lock the gimbal. Then approach very close to the motor end course.
As you can see in this second video, there are only close to the end course of the rear motor that the vibrations occur, AND ONLY when using it horizontaly (the motor became on top when using horzontaly). All other movements are ok.

Am I definetly alone with this bug, that appeared since last update?

2017-2-20
Use props
Mindaugas
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hi Vinc,

I'm also having these vibrations. They happen all the time when in flashlight mode, and also I get them somewhere in between vertical and flashlight positions.
2017-2-20
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

@Mindaugas: Does this just happen since the last firmwar update?
2017-2-20
Use props
Mindaugas
lvl.1

Lithuania

Vinc26 Posted at 2017-2-20 07:13
@Mindaugas: Does this just happen since the last firmwar update?

Sadly I cannot tell you this because I just bought my osmo+ and first thing that I did was the firmware update to v1.4.0.70
2017-2-20
Use props
Marci
New

Hungary

Mine also does it sometimes! Not all the time, but sometimes!

And since the last update, the camera,( just the camera, not the motors) became super hot!
In 5-1O minutes the upper part of the camera, where those "cooling grids" are became really hot. I haven't noticed it before! Just after the update!
Has anybody experienced unusual warmth since the last update?  
Thanks in advance!
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules