Landing gear
1887 10 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaae00df2
lvl.1

United States

I need to replace my landing gear on my phantom 4 and I was wondering what the part number is. Also how hard is it to change if you have never done anything like it. Is there a video or pictures someone can post to help me out. I have tried searching and YouTube but nothing helpful. Thank you.
2017-2-14
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

i dont think you should do it yourself, but if you feel like it, then try "P4 change landing gear" on youtube.
2017-2-14
Use props
fansaae00df2
lvl.1

United States

Ok thank you. What part do I need to buy and is there any places around Dallas that fixes the landing gear
2017-2-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

At Amazon: $29.00

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phant ... cement+landing+gear

How to replace landing gear:

Up Vote if it helped you!
2017-2-14
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, dji parts usually use simple numbering system, like the landing gear is 'part 26' and for example the camera replacement is 'part 4'

2017-2-14
Use props
fansaae00df2
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did the unit act up and cause a crash, or was it an unfortunate accident?
2017-2-14
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I need to replace mine too and I have the replacement parts.  I ordered them  few months ago but I haven't gotten around to doing the job which shouldn't be too difficult.  My biggest concern is attaching the wires for the antennas and compass.  They are very small and it looks like the original wires are fixed in position with a dab of some sort of glue.  Unfortunately ,I have been unable to find any good YouTube videos on this procedure.
2017-2-15
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-2-15 08:57
I need to replace mine too and I have the replacement parts.  I ordered them  few months ago but I haven't gotten around to doing the job which shouldn't be too difficult.  My biggest concern is attaching the wires for the antennas and compass.  They are very small and it looks like the original wires are fixed in position with a dab of some sort of glue.  Unfortunately ,I have been unable to find any good YouTube videos on this procedure.

Hooking up the wires up is time consuming and actually is pretty hard to do, since for some reason the antenna is attached to the spare legs but the compass wire isn't, so you have to hook that part up to both ends. Also when hooking up the new wires it requires taking the shell off and unhooking some of the cables just to be able to get it apart. Also there are a lot of screws holding it together, so make sure you keep careful attention to where everything unscrews and unplugs. Take lots of pictures too that would help a lot. I too thought changing the gear would be a relatively simple process, It turned out to be very frustrating, and when I finally got it all back together again thinking yayyy I did it, I turn it on and I keep getting ESC error messages. I'm not about to take it apart again and risk messing it up even further so off to DJI repair it goes.
2017-2-16
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-2-16 20:33
Hooking up the wires up is time consuming and actually is pretty hard to do, since for some reason the antenna is attached to the spare legs but the compass wire isn't, so you have to hook that part up to both ends. Also when hooking up the new wires it requires taking the shell off and unhooking some of the cables just to be able to get it apart. Also there are a lot of screws holding it together, so make sure you keep careful attention to where everything unscrews and unplugs. Take lots of pictures too that would help a lot. I too thought changing the gear would be a relatively simple process, It turned out to be very frustrating, and when I finally got it all back together again thinking yayyy I did it, I turn it on and I keep getting ESC error messages. I'm not about to take it apart again and risk messing it up even further so off to DJI repair it goes.

I wish someone would post a GOOD video on how to replace the landing gear.
2017-2-17
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-2-17 09:29
I wish someone would post a GOOD video on how to replace the landing gear.

Me too, I kept searching and searching but all of them either show it in fast forward or their hands are in the way so you can't see what they are doing.
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules