123Next >
5892 86 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NoneYet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104708 ft

United States

Crashed twice in my first 10 flights.  Probably about flight 9 and 10.  Why?  Switched to ATTI mode.  I started with a toy drone with no GPS, altimeter, sensors, etc.  ALL MANUAL operation.  And never stays in one spot.  Started to get the hang of flying.  Graduated to the phantom 3 pro.  THought wow, so easy!  Let me try ATTI Oooops!  Let me re-attach the gimbal.  OK, everything works.  I got it now!  Let me try that again.  Oooops there it goes again.  OK, no more ATTI quite yet.  That's my story, no new props, re-attached the gimbal twice, everything still works.  So, I count that as two crashes in my first 10 flights.
2017-2-22
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-2-14 14:49
There is no option for never crashed!

Also, it doesn't define what a crash is,

Lets make it easy... If you launched your bird, did whatever you wanted to do with it (whether that portion of the mission was successful or not) and got it back without injury, that in my humble opinion would constitute a non crash. There are a thousand variables, but since there are no passengers on board to sustain injuries in the event of a rough landing, it would seem that as long as the copter suffered no damage (ie. It came back the same way it was sent out), that would qualify as a non crash, yes? Please don't overthink this...
2017-2-22
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-23 04:01
i tried to cover various situations since the poll is meant for used market as well. at the same time i wanted to know what to expect by relating to other people's learning experience. i have started with the P4, but found out that some people started with earlier models and managed the p4 without crashes.

i see that most people preferred the last option. unfortunately, as clear as it may be, that option does not exclude the chances of crash in the early days ( or previous models), meaning if people chose to forget or are unable to relate their learning to "as if" starting with a P4, is too bad for them. but the real meaning of  option 6 is to collect the votes cast by many characters who corrupt and disease the threads in this forum with simply rude, uncalled and unsubstantiated countering comments.

"but the real meaning of  option 6 is to collect the votes cast by many characters who corrupt and disease the threads in this forum with simply rude, uncalled and unsubstantiated countering comments."

What's sad is that you feel the need to insult those who have responded to your 'poll' that they have not crashed in the last three months.
2017-2-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-22 07:53
Poll is meaningless as far as helping anyone.  Of those people who crashed in the first few flights how many didn't read anything, made a rookie mistake etc.  How many destroyed the drone vs. a set of props etc.

Wooooow... This thing still going on...

I thought it would have crashed like that rookie who flew his drone into his living room's wall...
2017-2-23
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-23 08:50
"but the real meaning of  option 6 is to collect the votes cast by many characters who corrupt and disease the threads in this forum with simply rude, uncalled and unsubstantiated countering comments."

What's sad is that you feel the need to insult those who have responded to your 'poll' that they have not crashed in the last three months.

I thought there should be a way to eliminate biased data.  As for my opinion on how to do it, I think you're inclined at using harsh words too easy. If you don't like it is one think, but to call it in derogatory terms advocates my point even better than if I would have done it myself.  Thank you!
2017-2-23
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

What do we call a crash? I had a couple noob incidents that had to do with start up and shut down, but I've never had my drone fall out of the sky or suffer any damage. The actual flying part is actually pretty easy.
2017-2-24
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I "crashed" my P4 twice, besides being an amazing drone: Once I hadn't secured the props properly, and two flew off after a second or two of flight (with no damage at all to the drone, it landed on its top in high grass) and another one while trying to land on the glass roof of my car - the roof being so slippery that after touchdown it slipped off across my car and made a soft landing on its head in the snow ;)
2017-2-24
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-2-24 03:28
What do we call a crash? I had a couple noob incidents that had to do with start up and shut down, but I've never had my drone fall out of the sky or suffer any damage. The actual flying part is actually pretty easy.

a crash is an occurrence where parts were broken or the drone came out in undoubtedly worse shape than before.
2017-2-24
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-24 10:17
a crash is an occurrence where parts were broken or the drone came out in undoubtedly worse shape than before.

Actually, a crash is typically defined as a violent collision between a vehicle and another object. "An occurrence where parts were broken" could occur when installing parts incorrectly or doing other things which don't involved collisions. Anyway, luckily, I've had neither occur.
2017-2-24
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

A crash is good for the soul. So are near misses when flying backwards in the fog.

2017-2-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-25 01:20
A crash is good for the soul. So are near misses when flying backwards in the fog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9qmI4xD_NQ

Lucky you saw that at the right time! now to get your friend to keep cleaning that drone ha ha
2017-2-25
Use props
JBinFla
lvl.2
United States

Keeping the flight mode on P my P4 is a dream to fly.  Even on S (sport mode) it's simple to fly, let go of sticks and it hovers where it's at, etc.  I haven't crashed and don't imagine I will if I leave it in P/S mode unless there's a failure or signal loss.  I'm surprised anyone crashes in P/S mode though I imagine there's people trying all sorts of things (and of course there are malfunctions that are out of the pilots control).  If I ever fly in ATTI mode yeah, I'd say crashing is a real possibility.  My little Blade NANO QX in atti is a handfull but it's durable and less than $100, I'll crash it all day long.  I do not want to break the Phantom and it is the price range that I don't consider "disposable".  So, I'll treat it like I care about it.

(ask me in a year and my answer may change!)
2017-2-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-25 01:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9qmI4xD_NQ

Hey Blacky...

Men that is called "SAVE OF THE DAY" or "SAVE OF THE FOGGY DAY"...

What are they planting up in 10,000' ALT???
2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

dronist Posted at 2017-2-26 21:51
Hey Blacky...

Men that is called "SAVE OF THE DAY" or "SAVE OF THE FOGGY DAY"...

Tea, special kinds of Lilly's, maple trees. All sorts of stuff lol
2017-2-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-26 21:55
Tea, special kinds of Lilly's, maple trees. All sorts of stuff lol

You should run a Vid showing the colors and scenery in sunny weather..if you get it (:
2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

dronist Posted at 2017-2-26 21:58
Wow beautiful... You should run a Vid showing the colors and scenery in sunny weather..if you get it (:

Have some vids and photo's done already lol.

2017-2-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-26 22:07
Have some vids and photo's done already lol.

[view_image]

Men you are quick!

OK let's try this... How about a "MILLION DOLLAR" in small unmarked bills?
2017-2-26
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

dronist Posted at 2017-2-26 22:10
Men you are quick!

OK let's try this... How about a "MILLION DOLLAR" in small unmarked bills?

I really bought my drone so I could check out some roads after earthquakes and typhoons.
This road drop off is about 400ft if you didn't stop in time. Landslide from a typhoon.

2017-2-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-26 22:18
I really bought my drone so I could check out some roads after earthquakes and typhoons.
This road drop off is about 400ft if you didn't stop in time. Landslide from a typhoon.

Woww. Talk about "MUST HAVE REALLY GOOD BRAKE" or !
2017-2-26
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Never crashed a Phantom, knock on wood. I primarily use the Phantom series for video and stills, while I use my 250 racing quads to live on the wild side! My little Syma X5c could tell some stories!
2017-2-27
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never had a problem with my P4, P3, P2, Inspire. You have to take your time and practice without pressure. Enjoy your P4. Go to an open space and practice everything that you can, especially ATTI operation. Learn the safety features and  have  an alternate plan.  In time you will fly with confidence in your abilities. that is not to say that then you become over confident and do something foolish. That is when the crash comes my friend.
2017-2-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wow. Just read the comment from Windsoul (which mods obviously deleted) which provided the reason for the entrapment option ('Option 6').

I haven't responded to this poll because I just couldn't see the value, that the options were mostly mutually inclusive, and because I've been flying my drones (P4 and P4P) for 6 months now without a crash - although I'll admit to dead-heading a rose bush which my drone recovered from.

What I object to is incorporation of an option with the intent of discarding those votes on the assumption that anyone selecting it are those who 'corrupt or disease the threads'. I will not take note of any of his polls again if this is forming the basis for his poll designs.
2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-1 14:46
Wow. Just read the comment from Windsoul (which mods obviously deleted) which provided the reason for the entrapment option ('Option 6').

I haven't responded to this poll because I just couldn't see the value, that the options were mostly mutually inclusive, and because I've been flying my drones (P4 and P4P) for 6 months now without a crash - although I'll admit to dead-heading a rose bush which my drone recovered from.

Poll or NO Poll...That is the question
2017-3-1
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-1 14:46

The value is in the description of the poll. The options are only relevant to people who have an honest say, other than circumstantial honesty. There are people who didn't crash lately, and maybe never really crashed. I have supported all who tried to relate and fit in the poll.

You make plenty of wrong assumptions. I didn't say all voters of a particular answer are wrong, but chances are that most biased are clumping together. Any poll has to have a way to eliminate bias.
I still believe the ones choosing option 6 are of no interest.
As for the deleted post, they couldn't offer any reason.
2017-3-1
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

I wouldn't usually have a problem with your bellicose tone. I'm used to you opening the salvo of poisonous actions on my account.
I'm surprised you didn't do it earlier.
Fact is there is nothing wrong with the post you're quoting. I don't have to prove it to anyone with  minimal understanding of how polls work. Is not the first time that you don't understand something and turn uncivilized, even rallying other of your likes against me.
If you don't agree with something, it would be civilized to just say it without demonizing. If you don't know how that works, maybe you should check through my recent replies to you. Enjoy!
2017-3-1
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-1 18:43
The value is in the description of the poll. The options are only relevant to people who have an honest say, other than circumstantial honesty. There are people who didn't crash lately, and maybe never really crashed. I have supported all who tried to relate and fit in the poll.

You make plenty of wrong assumptions. I didn't say all voters of a particular answer are wrong, but chances are that most biased are clumping together. Any poll has to have a way to eliminate bias.

I note that you edited your post after-the-fact, but no matter.

Yes, of course I had originally read the description, which didn't increase my view of the value of the poll. But thanks for bringing that to my attention again, although re-reading it has not changed my view. Sorry, I am entitled to my opinion.

And why would someone respond to a poll here, or otherwise participate in a thread, with the intent of not being honest? What is to gain from that? I have two Phantoms now, they are my first quads, and I have not crashed either (other than doing some gardening with them). Why would that not be a valid option which I can respond to without being someone who 'corrupts and diseases' threads (as you said in the deleted post)?

Seriously, you really need to develop a filter for when you respond to posts here.
2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-1 21:28

Yes, of course I had originally read the description, which didn't increase my view of the value of the poll. But thanks for bringing that to my attention again, although re-reading it has not changed my view. Sorry, I am entitled to my opinion.

Punch,

Maybe you need to use some bacterial soap before typing for this post or he will next accuse you of spreading "deadly germ laced keystroke attack" on his poll...
2017-3-2
Use props
BuzzCheeze
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34094 ft
United States

Almost a year of ownership - No crashes  -  
I like to do a lot of 360s  --  Fl Ft Myers Beach Intercoastal side  
2017-3-3
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-1 21:28

And why would someone respond to a poll here, or otherwise participate in a thread, with the intent of not being honest? What is to gain from that? I have two Phantoms now, they are my first quads, and I have not crashed either (other than doing some gardening with them). Why would that not be a valid option which I can respond to without being someone who 'corrupts and diseases' threads (as you said in the deleted post)?

Seriously, you really need to develop a filter for when you respond to posts here.

what you mean by editing? is editing indicative of what? if it really doesnt matter, why mention it? you give me no chance to have a reply, because there's nothing but insult to start with in your post.

i can see a lot of bias in your post. you start with some cunning allusion to "no matter". then you stutter your mind on drone gardening. at the end, you get serious. maybe you should start with getting serious, for a change.
2017-3-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Boys will be boys. My but why, are You guys still butting skulls together?

RedHotPoker
2017-3-4
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-4 18:32
Boys will be boys. My but why, are You guys still butting skulls together?

RedHotPoker:

What you've posted does not even describe what is happening here... Those mountain goats are being affectionate, giving each other head butts, not fighting. I wonder if that comment will be sustained....

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-5 07:40
RedHotPoker:

What you've posted does not even describe what is happening here... Those mountain goats are being affectionate, giving each other head butts, not fighting. I wonder if that comment will be sustained....

Yes, those are simply amorous love taps, for sure. The immense force travels right through the whole body, smashing the mountain rock below their hooves.

Reminds me of that delightfully effective, Bruce Lee stomp.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-5
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

"
with the reserve for the people who honestly had no crashes and therefore decided to vote option 6, i believe my trap functioned well and the remaining options can be considered as virtually unbiased.
"
this is also an excerpt from the deleted message. it addressed people you pretend were insulted. now that is obvious to anyone that you took a sentence out of context and managed with it to get a post erased, what is your plan at redressing the damage your post obviously lead to?
i dont see an insult in that. im sure you dont either, but you had to get personal. good job!
2017-3-7
Use props
maelstrom
lvl.1
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-7 10:27
"
with the reserve for the people who honestly had no crashes and therefore decided to vote option 6, i believe my trap functioned well and the remaining options can be considered as virtually unbiased.
"

Why does every online forum, on any subject have to degenerate in to this kind of s--t?  People should reveal their true name and have some type of verifiable credentials before they can even post here.  Then, they might not be so free with insults and hostility.  Those who are should be banned permanently.

Hal Everett, Poulsbo, WA

2017-3-9
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

maelstrom Posted at 2017-3-9 21:20
Why does every online forum, on any subject have to degenerate in to this kind of s--t?  People should reveal their true name and have some type of verifiable credentials before they can even post here.  Then, they might not be so free with insults and hostility.  Those who are should be banned permanently.

Hal Everett, Poulsbo, WA

i see you quoted my post. i dont understand your point: is there anything in my text you dont agree with? are you quoting in support? you make no point on your own, like you avoid taking responsibility by leaving to the reader open options for reasoning. is not fair, in sports that is called a foul play.

either way, you associating with my post is detrimental to me. so please be so kind to adjust your post to  a civilized level- that is without insulting inferences.

if you have a point to make, either pro or against, please do with arguments towards the idea and not with insults towards the person. let alone your rally for discrimination based on difference of opinions, which i find inappropriate. i do agree with you on one aspect: there should be accountability.
ps:
regarding discrimination based on difference of opinions. if you meant a coalescing of affinities of opinions with the gradual elimination of all posts proven off-topic (not to mention rude or uncivilized, a mechanism should be employed to eliminate those right away), then i can see value in that. ultimately a thread has a question to answer and if only the contributing posts were to remain live, then i guess the thread initiator would see his question answered. i have already opened a thread on that subject, if you can hold your breath (i see in your pic you're well equipped) and have interest in the subject, then maybe you can help me understand what went wrong there.
2017-3-10
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Ive got an idea..........why dont we give you the thread delete button.................then you can delete all the threads you dont like....................i imagine that would be a fairer way of doing the poll.......in your HEAD
2017-3-10
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is where posts come to die.
2017-3-10
Use props
maelstrom
lvl.1
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-10 08:14
i see you quoted my post. i dont understand your point: is there anything in my text you dont agree with? are you quoting in support? you make no point on your own, like you avoid taking responsibility by leaving to the reader open options for reasoning. is not fair, in sports that is called a foul play.

either way, you associating with my post is detrimental to me. so please be so kind to adjust your post to  a civilized level- that is without insulting inferences.

My post was not directed at you or anyone specifically.  Please read it again.  I was just expressing regret that this thread, like so many million others has degenerated from informed discussion and learning to insults and hostility.

My  point was that the anonymity of posters encourages this type of inappropriate behavior, and that people would not engage in it if their families, friends, co-workers, et. al. could read what they are saying.  If people are afraid to ID themselves, they can keep silent.  My other point was that anyone posting should have some minimal credentials, such as actually owning a drone, or having a UAS certification #.  That would weed out a lot of trolls and flamers who's only interest is causing trouble.  We all know that is not going to happen.  
2017-3-10
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Canada

maelstrom Posted at 2017-3-10 14:26
My post was not directed at you or anyone specifically.  Please read it again.  I was just expressing regret that this thread, like so many million others has degenerated from informed discussion and learning to insults and hostility.

My  point was that the anonymity of posters encourages this type of inappropriate behavior, and that people would not engage in it if their families, friends, co-workers, et. al. could read what they are saying.  If people are afraid to ID themselves, they can keep silent.  My other point was that anyone posting should have some minimal credentials, such as actually owning a drone, or having a UAS certification #.  That would weed out a lot of trolls and flamers who's only interest is causing trouble.  We all know that is not going to happen.

ok, thank you for clarifications.
2017-3-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules