Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crash poll
5865 86 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

maelstrom Posted at 2017-3-9 21:20
Why does every online forum, on any subject have to degenerate in to this kind of s--t?  People should reveal their true name and have some type of verifiable credentials before they can even post here.  Then, they might not be so free with insults and hostility.  Those who are should be banned permanently.

Hal Everett, Poulsbo, WA

Amen brother.  Many of them do it on purpose to get points because the points are worth $$.  I am in full support of the elimination of the point system on the forum.  It would get these trolls off  of the forum.  Like you said it is painfully obvious who is trying to be a fool on this forum just so they can get points.  @WindSoul,  I'm not talking about you either.  Your poll seems like it was good natured and you gave plenty of options.  I honestly thought people were just screwing with you at first but I'm really not sure.  
I'll be the first to say I've crashed plenty of times over the last 6 years and several of them were my fault.
2017-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

maelstrom Posted at 2017-3-10 14:26
My post was not directed at you or anyone specifically.  Please read it again.  I was just expressing regret that this thread, like so many million others has degenerated from informed discussion and learning to insults and hostility.

My  point was that the anonymity of posters encourages this type of inappropriate behavior, and that people would not engage in it if their families, friends, co-workers, et. al. could read what they are saying.  If people are afraid to ID themselves, they can keep silent.  My other point was that anyone posting should have some minimal credentials, such as actually owning a drone, or having a UAS certification #.  That would weed out a lot of trolls and flamers who's only interest is causing trouble.  We all know that is not going to happen.

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
2017-3-11
Use props
maelstrom
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-11 03:23
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

I am, and I did.
2017-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think I would have a better chance of recognizing you at the bottom of the sea. Lol
2017-3-11
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

Sestaceans Posted at 2017-3-10 17:00
Amen brother.  Many of them do it on purpose to get points because the points are worth $$.  I am in full support of the elimination of the point system on the forum.  It would get these trolls off  of the forum.  Like you said it is painfully obvious who is trying to be a fool on this forum just so they can get points.  @WindSoul,  I'm not talking about you either.  Your poll seems like it was good natured and you gave plenty of options.  I honestly thought people were just screwing with you at first but I'm really not sure.  
I'll be the first to say I've crashed plenty of times over the last 6 years and several of them were my fault.

I never gave a thought on points system, i strongly believe the OP should have leverage to which post should stay and which one should go and if say the OP removed your post without reason, then you can contest it to moderator, but fact is the OP is in his right to retain not the most correct answers but the answers he understands best.

this way anyone opening a thread can get his answer and be happy, while people who now are getting away with their bad breath would have to be careful what comes out of their mouth.

problem is some threaders might decide to make a circus out of the thread and keep removing valid contributions.

well then, lets define a valid contribution:
1. it has to be an opinion, void of "you should do this or that" (cause that's advice and can be bad)
2. it has to be void of rudeness. zero tolerance. no allusions, no code.
3. it has to be on topic, even if is a question. off-topics may be tolerated if the OP lets them live for say 2 days.
4. it has to be void of business affiliations or advertising.
5. no thread should discuss people or attack posts on other thread.
6. if a thread closed on mixed opinions and people open a new thread on same topic, then no competition or rivalry or any form of bullying would be acceptable..

Every once in a while the OP may remove a valid post. i dont think is the end of the world. but if the OP abuses his rights then that will exhaust his right to open a new thread.

Say everyone can open a thread once a week ( a self-accumulating credit maxes up in a week). the thread management is assessed and a credit for a new thread is issued, which may mature in less than a week or later, depending on the performance on the last thread.

my point being, there are ways to control the bad habits. not sure if they're easy to implement though.
2017-3-12
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WindSoul Posted at 2017-3-12 23:29
I never gave a thought on points system, i strongly believe the OP should have leverage to which post should stay and which one should go and if say the OP removed your post without reason, then you can contest it to moderator, but fact is the OP is in his right to retain not the most correct answers but the answers he understands best.

this way anyone opening a thread can get his answer and be happy, while people who now are getting away with their bad breath would have to be careful what comes out of their mouth.

Not saying I don't respect you for trying, but i've been a member on here ever since the second month of the forum. ,  I actually feel like I contribute quite regularly,  and then I see people that contribute almost 5 times more then me in one month then I have in my entire time in these years.  Some have wonderful knowledge,  post awesome videos,  and really try and figure out problems.  The issue I've seen repeatedly over the years is the DJI paid protectors.   They get paid by making comments in support of DJI (through the point system of course {:4_117:} what did you think I meant)  They will intentionally try and tell you things like it's not DJI's fault that this or that doesn't work, or you are wrong about your opinion etc etc..   I'll be the FIRST person to tell you I am opinionated on the forum,  however every word that comes out of my mouth on the forum is said because I use a lot DJI products,  am heavily invested,  and it's in my best interest to get answers from DJI.  Now I'm cool with people disagreeing with me on a topic,  but the issue is there are so many trolls running around,  even one of the moderators told me it was a big problem and they are trying work on it.  The same moderator told me it is the professional operators who get kicked off more regularly on the forum because they get much more frustrated since most of the trolls don't buy anything.  They just strike up argumentative conversations to get people riled up,  start huge threads like this one,  and hide behind their names.  That's why I would propose to either have public profiles or end the point system.  I imagine if you are NOT a troll this would not be a problem for you.  That's the only reason I'd say it.  @Windsoul,  I wouldn't even bother trying to justify all of it, the Crash poll was fine.  Don't suffer fools.
2017-3-13
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And by the way, if you want to know why the buzzards are here, this is why -- http://forum.dev.dji.com/forum.p ... peid&typeid=222
Seems like there was a little too much criticism and instead of addressing the problems,  they addressed the forum.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules