The new focus function. Is it useless?
670 5 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Anyone can think of any practice use of the focus function on Mavic's camera?

It is not possible to get any depth of field unless your subject is in less than 2 metres.

So what's the use of it, you wont fly that close anyway.

Some people may think that there IS a focus function is better than none, and it wont cause any disavantage.

However, u can say than only when this function can bring you a little good, rather than being totally useless therefore having it or not is literally the same.

And not to mention it cause inconvinience that you have to tap to focus quite frequently.

SO, anyone can think of any practice use of the focus function on Mavic's camera?
2017-2-14
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it's technically required whether you like it or not due to the less wide lens, it's not that difficult to get used to and should focus itself when you start recording.
2017-2-15
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Hong Kong

4wd Posted at 2017-2-15 00:11
I think it's technically required whether you like it or not due to the less wide lens, it's not that difficult to get used to and should focus itself when you start recording.

Why it cant be made in fix focus technically? sth like 3m to infinity
2017-2-15
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most cameras with fixed focus e.g. gopro are very wide angle.
If you have a lens with zoom focus becomes much more critical at the zoomed in end - same principle - narrower field of view focus becomes more important.
Without option to adjust focus they could set it at infinity but anything closer than about 50 feet would not be in focus.
An important feature of Mavic is the intelligent options such as running alongside in profile at quite close range.
The trade off is brave but worthwhile IMO
2017-2-15
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Hong Kong

4wd Posted at 2017-2-15 02:36
If you have a lens with zoom focus becomes much more critical at the zoomed in end - same principle - narrower field of view focus becomes more important.
Without option to adjust focus they could set it at infinity but anything closer than about 50 feet would not be in focus.

that means if there is an close object at 3 meters,

if i focus on the object, the infinitely far background will be also in focus

but if i focus to the background, the object will be blurred?
2017-2-15
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Hong Kong

4wd Posted at 2017-2-15 02:36

in fact when i focus on a 3-meter-far object, background is also in focus.
so why cant the fix focus point be set at this point, ie 3m to infinity
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules