I would like to see a vid of a hand launch....C
2017-6-14
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could ask this about anything in life....Why is crossing the road so dangerous?  Well, it's not if you do it right.......  For the Mavic, catch near the camera, and you're fine.  Catch near the rear and you can indeed get the tips of your fingers burned (and that's what it feels like - I know   )  
Just be aware that if you turn off landing protection, it loses its ability to know it's landed and you need to manually turn off the motors with a CSC or 3 second down command....  (which also caught me out earlier this year)  
Ian
2017-6-14
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

CharlieFliesDro Posted at 2017-6-14 19:39
I would like to see a vid of a hand launch....C

There's a video of that in this very thread...
2017-6-15
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

you are putting your hand near propellers - its not rocket science, if someone held it wrong (not from the underneath maybe or grip slipped or anything to cause it to not be level) there would be blood,
just buy a matt for landing & take off or take the risk
personally i dont as i would rather leave all the sensors that ive paid for to do their job.
2017-6-15
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-15 03:29
you are putting your hand near propellers - its not rocket science, if someone held it wrong (not from the underneath maybe or grip slipped or anything to cause it to not be level) there would be blood,
just buy a matt for landing & take off or take the risk
personally i dont as i would rather leave all the sensors that ive paid for to do their job.

And as mentioned earlier, you do not need to disable any sensor to do a hand landing... It will work exactly like the spark does, land on your hand gently and turn off the motor itself.

It's not rocket science.
2017-6-15
Use props
EivindBu
New
Japan

I just don't want that thing so close to my face. Imagine getting those props into eyes. But I'd say that's very low risk, hey we drive cars around don't we.
2017-6-15
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Saw a guy catching a Mavic and put it too close to his eyes with the motors still on.... he didn't realize that...
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules