DJI Assistant 2 (1.0.9) won't connect with a Phantom 4
6877 6 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fluffy_Kaeloky
lvl.1

France

Hello,
I'm currently having an issue with a DJI Phantom 4 : I'm a developer and I use extensively the drone in simulation mode, everything was working fine until a few days ago.
The drone suddenly disconnected while simulating, and won't connect back, I can see the SD Card just fine in the explorer, but the DJI assistant won't see it.

I didn't do anything special when it disconnected.

I cannot seem to find any information on this subject, with the Phantom 4.

Here's what I tried so far to troubleshoot the issue :

- Tried with 2 different cables, on 2 different usb ports : same result.
- Restarted both the PC and the Phantom : same result.
- Uninstalled DJI assistant 2, manually uninstalled the libusb driver, then reinstalled the DJI Assistant 2 : same result.
- Disabled security driver check on windows 10, then executed the DriverSetup32.bat (and installed any drivers which promted a warning with it's secrity catalogue) in the DJI Assistant 2 files : same result.
- Installed DJI GO on my phone to check any error messages : No errors.
- Removed the SD Card : same result.

Finally, I tried on another computer, and it worked just fine, so it seems it's a computer side software problem, or the drone has a 'blacklist' sort of thing going on that I do not know about.
I'm currently stumped as to how to solve this problem, and I really need to get it working back again, short of reseting windows ...

Thank you for your time.

2017-2-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you think that it is Windows related then you could always use 'System Restore' to move it back to the point where Assistant 2 either worked (and use it from there), or, prior to it being installed (and do a fresh install).
2017-2-15
Use props
Fluffy_Kaeloky
lvl.1

France

Hi Aardvark,

Yes, I was saving this as a last resort, looks like I don't have a choice but to restore the system at this point.

I restored the system and reinstalled DJI Assistant 2, after manually cleaning the program files. It now works again ! (It apparently also broke Google Chrome and the DJI Assistant 2 installation, but I reinstalled them both)

I think I found the culprit :

The installation of this PL-2303 USB-to-Serial coincide with the time where the assistant stopped working. I restored to an older date just to be sure.

So, yeah, apparently this driver will mess up with DJI's drivers, and there was no information on it anywhere, I'm leaving this comment in case someone hits the same problem.

Thanks for your help !
2017-2-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fluffy_Kaeloky Posted at 2017-2-15 05:19
Hi Aardvark,

Yes, I was saving this as a last resort, looks like I don't have a choice but to restore the system at this point.

That looks like a Prolific chipset driver for their USB to Serial cable adaptor, interesting to see that it might cause problems, I use them occasionally.

2017-2-15
Use props
Fluffy_Kaeloky
lvl.1

France

Okay, I managed to reproduce the issue and find what was causing the issue for sure :

I was disabling this Ethernet network because it was causing some issue with some of my programs in development, but it is apparently used by the DJI Assistant to connect with the Phantom 4 (Why use an ethernet virtual connection ? It's a bit strange to use a usb cable only to use a virtual ethernet connection ...).

Disabling it WILL disconnect the Phantom from the assistant, without any warning whatsoever.

If someone from DJI is listening : It would be nice to warn the user about this somewhere, I stumbled on this for multiple days without even remotely making the connection (heh, see what I did there ?) in my head between the assistant and a virtual ethernet connection.

Apparently the Usb to serial driver was just installed at the wrong date and time, I guess ? I was so sure it was it's fault.

Network isn't exactly my cup of tea, maybe DJI has it's own reasons for using this.

2017-2-15
Use props
fans0bf014b1
lvl.1
Philippines

Wow..... worked on my lappy.... Win 8.1

- Installed DJI Assistant 2 v.2.1.2.0 (newest) but wont detect my bird (P4)
- Installed also V.1.0.7

Viola!!!! Success!!!
2018-3-3
Use props
NAP3XD
lvl.1

United States

fans0bf014b1 Posted at 2018-3-3 05:26
Wow..... worked on my lappy.... Win 8.1

- Installed DJI Assistant 2 v.2.1.2.0 (newest) but wont detect my bird (P4)

I could not ever get working on windows. I got a bad cord from DJI tho, switched it out and finally was about to flash via the RC. When i tried M8 v1.1.0.7 it was super sketched.
2022-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules