Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Refresh Replacement stuck in "Under Repair" status
123Next >
4424 83 2017-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

I sent in my Mavic two weeks ago to get a replacement. I have DJI Refresh.

02/06: "Checked in"
02/08: "Paid replacement fee"
02/08-present: Stuck in "Under repair"
status.jpg

IIRC, DJI Refresh is advertised as "priority service"? Can any DJI mod let me know where the "priority" is? Any estimated shipping time?

I love DJI products but the service really SUCKS.
2017-2-15
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

I'm stuck there with you! I think they probably are awaiting shipment of new Mavics....and if the next shipment for purchased ones is coming in March wonder if that is how long the "Priority Service"Refresh will take.
2017-2-15
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

Had the same issue and after I finally received my replacement it was DOA. It was not packaged well, the controller was totally dead, the gimble wouldn't initialize, showed motor overload error. The whole unit was somewhat dirty with no protective stickers . In the settings it had someone else's name and info. I got on chat to complain, they apologized and opened an accelerated case and said they would email me a 2day air return label within 2 days. 2 days later no label. I got back on chat and received it during the chat after complaining. Had it to UPS within 30min. It delivered there yesterday morning at 9:25am and has still not been received. I have a series of shoots of events planned now and am losing money. Have 3 big events this weekend. With DJI service it looks like I'm out of luck.  
2017-2-15
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

It stayed "in repair" for 4 days with my refresh
2017-2-15
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

The so called "priority service" marketed with DJI Care is just that - marketing, and does not go beyond that.
2017-2-15
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-2-15 13:04
The so called "priority service" marketed with DJI Care is just that - marketing, and does not go beyond that.

Yes, totally agree.
2017-2-15
Use props
Droneachaarya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30259 ft
United States

I've the same problem - stuck with DJI Care refresh "Under repair" status !
2017-2-15
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

I don't understand the under repair status when using refresh. I feel that once the refresh fee is paid for a replacement it should bypass repair and a replacement shipped out within a day.
2017-2-15
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

fansbdb323f7 Posted at 2017-2-15 14:34
I don't understand the under repair status when using refresh. I feel that once the refresh fee is paid for a replacement it should bypass repair and a replacement shipped out within a day.

I was also expecting a quick replacement process...It took 7+ days now and no updates at all.
2017-2-15
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

I just for an automated email saying evaluation is done and to expect an invoice in two or three days. Invoice? They sent me a used broken drone and have the nerve to tell me to wait 2-3 more days! I'm so frustrated!
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about the delay, OP, what's your case number? I'll ask the local repair center to update your case
2017-2-15
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-15 19:51
Sorry about the delay, OP, what's your case number? I'll ask the local repair center to update your case

PM'ed u with case#.
2017-2-15
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

I"m in the same boat also stilling waiting on my mavic
2017-2-16
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
United States

Can someone just explain why a REFRESH is taking so long?  Is it because the demand for the Mavic has overwhelmed DJI?  Are they waiting for new/replacement Mavics from China?  Did the Chinese New Year slow down the production?  It could be understandable if that was the case.  Stating that it is under repair and testing for a Refresh is very misleading.  Just provide a better explanation for the wait.
2017-2-16
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

This is what I got today. Basically DJI doeosn't have Mavic in stock...SERIOUSLY??

The delay is being caused by a depleted inventory of Mavic replacements.

We are due to receive a replenishment of units, however this is scheduled for later next week.

Thank you again for your continued patience with this matter.

Best Regards,

DJI Support
2017-2-16
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

One thing on refresh that puzzles me is them sending out nonworking used drones as replacements. When I received a quote it had the Mavic price listed at $999 and said I could pay it or use refresh. I opted for refresh. When I got the invoice, again it had the MP at $999. It showed my refresh payment and a balance of $0. My problem is that in the invoice they had listed the Mavic at full retail price. This is the price for a new drone, remote, battery etc...  If this is what's on the invoice, why did I not receive a brand new drone with everything included instead of a broken used drone with no battery or props.
2017-2-16
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
United States

Zhuo Posted at 2017-2-16 11:21
This is what I got today. Basically DJI doeosn't have Mavic in stock...SERIOUSLY??

The delay is being caused by a depleted inventory of Mavic replacements.

My guess was right that they had no inventroy but why aren't they honest about it....while I waited they said it was their Process.  No they just didn't have any inventory!  Very annoying to be mislead.
2017-2-16
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

Did they send mine out knowing it was bad to stall for more time till they get some in?
2017-2-16
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

fansaa3da6c4 Posted at 2017-2-16 13:51
My guess was right that they had no inventroy but why aren't they honest about it....while I waited they said it was their Process.  No they just didn't have any inventory!  Very annoying to be mislead.

Yes, why can't they be honest from the beginning? Everyone at customer service said the process is at most 2 weeks. Now for me it would take a whole month to just get a replacement.
2017-2-16
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Everyone at customer service gets used to lying to customer. No one is honest about the real situation.
2017-2-16
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Uh oh. I was excited to see my drone was received, processed, and invoiced for a free replacement within three days, but this forum's got me worried I won't be flying for a while. This sucks...

I had a connection issue between the aircraft and the RC. DJI found it was the aircraft that needed replacing....

Guess I'm stuck waiting, too, for inventory.

I better not get a refurb one either! The one I sent was pristine.  
2017-2-16
Use props
adverselection
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172523 ft
United States

I have to say.......

Got my NEW Mavic Pro and promptly crashed it.

Sent it in on the 30th, postage paid by DJI, and got a brand new drone back on the 14th. Maybe I am lucky, but impressed with the turn-around!

Re-linked the controller, updated the firmware and flew 3 batteries dead with no problems!
2017-2-16
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

adverselection Posted at 2017-2-16 17:34
I have to say.......

Got my NEW Mavic Pro and promptly crashed it.

Wow, that's really very lucky for you.
2017-2-16
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

Praying for the same luck too!
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansbdb323f7 Posted at 2017-2-16 14:46
Did they send mine out knowing it was bad to stall for more time till they get some in?

No, because shipping is paid by DJI and it costs money, and intentionally shipping a broken one will  be pointless other than provoking more anger.
2017-2-16
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

I see you point Thor. I'm just frustrated. I just expected a little more after receiving a non-working replacement.
2017-2-16
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-2-17
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-17
Use props
pi$$ed_off
Banned

United Kingdom

2017-2-17
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

Just got this from DJI
Screenshot_20170217-124034.png
2017-2-17
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

I guess the whole replacement process will take ONE MONTH...SO FRUSTRATED.
2017-2-17
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
United States

Not the best screen shot. That could be from anywhere...
2017-2-17
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Still no update today.
2017-2-17
Use props
fans4bc5332b
New

United States

I hope DJI CEOs sees the bad comments on this forum and make some changes to the repair department because there are people that make a living using these aircrafts like me #nothappy #butilovemymavic
2017-2-17
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

fans4bc5332b Posted at 2017-2-17 20:47
I hope DJI CEOs sees the bad comments on this forum and make some changes to the repair department because there are people that make a living using these aircrafts like me #nothappy #butilovemymavic

DJI really need to improve the customer service. They have great products but sooner or later their service team would ruin all the reputation.
2017-2-19
Use props
Davezdogs
lvl.1

United States

same.. "priority" 1-3 days is just to sell a product as it seems.
no big deal.PNG
2017-2-19
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
United States

Hopefully  they can get their act together before another company with better customer service  takes their business.   
2017-2-19
Use props
Zhuo
lvl.2

United States

Hopefully DJI can give us some updates about replacement ETA this week...
2017-2-21
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Could you copy and paste the email or get a larger screenshot?
2017-2-21
Use props
fansbdb323f7
lvl.1

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules